Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 11:12am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « yet another newbie from Texas »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   yet another newbie from Texas
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: yet another newbie from Texas  (Read 665 times)
chewbaccamonkey
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

yet another newbie from Texas
« on: Oct 6th, 2005, 12:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

how's it going folks? just found this place. going on 5 years of these damn things. mostly 4months on, then a break of a year or so. Always thought they'd never come back and didnt' know what they were until just recently. I have TMJ also and everyone just said I had tension headaches from my jaws....
Anyway, went to the doc here at work and found Imitrex. Thought I'd gone to heaven that day last week. Still haven't broken the cylce like they said and at about 7 bucks each I'm scared to death I'll run out before they end.  
Anyway, everything is great here in the Lone Star State outside of my head for those few hours LOL.

Take care,
Chewi
IP Logged
giffy76
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me Imitrex or give me death.

Re: yet another newbie from Texas
« Reply #1 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 12:41pm »

Welcome, sorry you have to deal with the beast. Did your doc prescribe you anything to abort the cycle and not just the hits?
 There's a wealth of knowledge here, so read up and don't be afraid to ask questions, these folks here are ready and willing to give you ideas Wink
IP Logged
chewbaccamonkey
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 12:50pm »

Hey Giffy,
Yeah, she gave me prednisone too. I just finished a week of that. I was on a strict schedule of one monster headache every day until the steroids. Then they went bonkers, waking me up at night as well. So they cycle goes on. Had the worst one of my life last night, but only one. I have 8 more pills left and I just hope one goes away before the other. Hagning in there is all we can do sometimes I suppose.  
Pretty cool to have a place to hang out here though.
Thanks for the reply!
IP Logged
giffy76
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 12:55pm »

Did you get Imitrex pills? If so, good luck with em, usually they take way to long to kick in. Imitrex injections work for me in about 5 min. and there is also a nasal spray, I haven't tried that but alot of the people here get relief from it.
IP Logged
giffy76
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 1:01pm »

One more thing. I read your post on the other thread and I reckon you'r a beer drinker? Alchohol is a big nono for most of us when in cycle, major trigger, I can't even smell it without getting hit, but when I'm out of cycle, the breweries have to start a new shift laugh

Just thought I'd through that in there Smiley
IP Logged
sassy_lady
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sassyladysassy  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 7:04pm »

Hello Chewi,
Welcome & sorry you are here, but you are in the right place, lots of info to the left of this screen, read & ask questions!! good luck & nice to have you here!!
Many Prayers PFDAN !!
Jolene
IP Logged
Kate in Oz
New Board Old Timer
Australia 

339600790 339600790    

« Reply #6 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 8:12pm »

Hey Chewi,

Welcome aboard  Undecided  It's a damn shame you've got CH but this is the BEST place to be for support and advice.  As they say read, read, read and read some more.  I'm a newbie myself and this place has been a real life saver!  The people are great!

Good luck with finding the meds that work best for you - and maybe just maybe if you copped a REAL bad hit - the end of the cycle is coming ???  Seems to be the way it goes for some of us.

Anyway hope you get a break soon,

Keep  smokin  Wink

Kate
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss