Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 4:20pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hi
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi  (Read 708 times)
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hi
« on: Oct 9th, 2005, 1:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Greetings.  
Good to see all you folks carrying on.  
I read this message board often, just dont partake.

I am currently not in a cycle. However some recent feelings suggest I may be soon.

About me.  
I have been afflicted with these damn clusters for around 30 plus or minus years. You stop counting after a while.
I am primarily a variable episodic, exchronic, sufferer.  
When I am in cycle I average 8-12 attacks a day of unbearable intensity, but I somehow bear it as many of you do.
I really have tried 98% all prescribed meds mentioned in these pages and many that are'nt including oxygen and never had lasting results at any dose.
 I have not used shrooms other than recreationally long ago. I have used some other illicit drugs some good some no good at all.
The only drug I use for control is ephedrine which somehow helps me.
 ( a note on the newest treatment KUDZU, many kudzu concoctions contain ephedrine or ma-huang)
I have not been medicated for clusters in any other way shape or form in many years.  
 Gave up on doctors, neuro's, chiro's, witches, shamans, and whoever claimed a cure years ago. However I have had my contacts with Sewell working at Harvard as eventually some good research may be done. Thanks to many on this site
So there you have it.  I'm just another sufferer. Maybe I can help and be helped somewhere along the way

MJ
IP Logged

MJ
unsolved1

Email

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: Oct 9th, 2005, 1:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi MJ and welcome to the message board. Glad to hear you're not in cycle (yet). Theres lots here to read and plenty of people who know exactly what you go through. So, stick around !!

I'll start off by giving yet another thing to read:

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf

PF wishes
UNsolved
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Oct 9th, 2005, 12:13pm »

Hi, MJ. Glad you found something that works. Can you tell me which kudzu concoctions contain ephedrine and ma huang? I was on a mixture and neither of those were in it. Others are taking pure kudzu root. I'm really curious, since ephedrine and ma huang could be harmful to overall health. PF wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: Oct 9th, 2005, 6:29pm »

Howdy MJ and welcome.  Glad you stopped in to say hello.  I hope your recent feelings are nothing more than a passing reminder of what used to be.  If you do go into cycle, though, as you have read, there is no better place to be.  

Stick around.  Like you say, maybe you can get some help and give a little, too.

Mike
IP Logged
writer
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10th, 2005, 11:22pm »

MJ--

I'm intrigued by "Sewell at Harvard."  Can you tell me about this research?  Is there a web site I can/should visit?  I am a longtime sufferer like you who toughed it out over many years with no meds.
Cluster is something of a unique human mystery which I am writing about.  I would be interested in any speculations you might have--??  Meantime, I hope you're not yet in cycle as you read this.  Best regards,  
Barbara  

IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #5 on: Oct 10th, 2005, 11:29pm »

Hi Barbara,
First look here:
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;acti on=display;num=1100886982
then, look here:
www.clusterbusters.com

pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 11th, 2005, 12:29am »

Hi MJ

Hope to see you again on this board.  This is a nice place to escape to when the Monster is on the prowl.

Great army with big guns.  My favourite gun: The Support 101 (AK47 are of no use here), my favourite soldier: Private Cluster Head.

IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Oct 11th, 2005, 10:00am »

Hi and thanks for the welcome all.

Regarding ephedra in Kudzu concoctions, I wont pretend to be a chemist or recommend in any way my methods.
Your right that ephedra is dangerous if abused but so are most of the drugs that are taken by fellow sufferers.

I dont think that all herbal formulas allways properly list the makeup. but heres just one makers site. This may bring someone to do further research

http://honsousa.com/Products/Ephedra.htm

Regarding the harvard statement I think that nani covered it. Again I think it is bringing some recognition to our unique issues, wether anything comes of the formulation of a study or not its good advertising.

MJ
IP Logged

MJ
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 11th, 2005, 8:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Oct 9th, 2005, 1:16am, MJ wrote:
Greetings.  
Good to see all you folks carrying on.  
I read this message board often, just dont partake.

Glad to see you started posting MJ.

Welcome to the family Grin

Sean.............................................
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss