Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 11:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hello from Alaska »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hello from Alaska
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hello from Alaska  (Read 590 times)
momofmany
New Board Newbie
USA 

Hello from Alaska
« on: Oct 23rd, 2005, 4:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello.

Just wanted to say hey to everyone.  I found this board tonight and I am very glad I did.  I think I have clusters.  I thought they were migrains until tonight.  Thanks Guys...  I will be contacting my doctor tomorrow.

IP Logged
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

Re: Hello from Alaska
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23rd, 2005, 12:43pm »

Hey Mom
Welcome to the board.  Knowledge is about the best medicine i have found so far, and this board is filled with TONS of information and experiences.
Read up, try to get a thorough diagnosis.
If you ever have any quesitons, dont hesitate to ask.
Welcome again.
pain free wishes
BMonee
IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

momofmany
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23rd, 2005, 4:36pm »

Thank you for the welcome.  I do expect to learn alot from this site.  I learned so much last night just reading through some of the post.  It seems filled with info and I will continue to read and ask many questions.
IP Logged
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23rd, 2005, 9:16pm »

Hi..  

Just wanted to say Welcome Aboard, Sorry you had to find us, but this is the best place in the world for CH..

There are many, many years of experience in dealing with CH, and alot of people have Beaten the BEAST and many are still Batteling the Beast, but we all have one thing in Common.. Togeather We are going to KICK thing Beast in the A$$...  

I can not post to much, we are going through a Hurricane right now, I keep losing my connection..

Welcome to the Family... Hope you find some PF Time Soon

God Bless Ya
Charlie
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24th, 2005, 1:17pm »

Howdy and welcome from Oklahoma!  

Get comfortable and read all you can, ask questions if you have any and let us know how you are doing.  

Good luck with your doctor.  I sent you a PM.  Check the upper right hand corner of the screen.  If you do indeed have clusters, the information should help you get the medical treatment you need.

Mike
IP Logged
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #5 on: Oct 24th, 2005, 2:04pm »

Welcome to the board, mom.  Sorry you are having to deal with your headaches, but you will find a very supportive and knowledgable group here to help you.  So post questions whenever you need.
Patti
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
momofmany
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Oct 24th, 2005, 4:14pm »

Thanks for the pm Gator. It was very informational.  I will continue reading it since I have only read a little bit.  

I was wondering why there seemed to be so many men on this site.  

Also I was wondering if pressure behind the eyes is common?  I do have the stabbing feeling too but I have the pressure for a while before the stabbing.  I havn't read a lot about pressure behind the eye but more about the stabbing pain.  

I will print out the letter to give to my girls.  They don't understand why I am in my room crying and going crazy and this could be a start for them to learn.  

Do most people with clusters have migrains too?  I have migrains also but very seldom compared to my other headaches.  or eye aches.  

You guys on here are so wonderful.  I am so glad I found you and I can ask many questions to people who understand what I am saying.

I would have pm'd you but I don't know how to do that.  I am computer dumb.

Thanks again..
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: Oct 25th, 2005, 2:39am »

We all definitely understand about how great it is to be able to talk to someone without having to explain over and over that this ain't your momma's migraines or your daddy's tension headaches.  We can't take an aspirin and lie down in a dark room.  It all gets old.

Many people here have muliple types of headaches, including migraines.  Unlike migraines, clusters appear to be a more Male oriented disorder.  Depending on what you read on what day, you will find the male/female ratio runs from 7 to 1 down to 2.1 to 1.

Some people report a kind of pressure behind the eye and surrounding area just prior to and/or after an attack or sometimes just out of the blue which doesn't evolve into a full blown cluster.

Keep on reading.  You are your own best advocate in your treatment and to do a good job, you have to know as much or more than the docs - which usually isn't that difficult, unfortunately.

Mike
IP Logged
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 25th, 2005, 8:16am »

Welcom to the family, Mom.  Sorry you have to be here, but this is the best place you could have ever landed.  There are lots of women in this little family of our, we are the CH sisters.  Along with the guys, we all support each other in our fight against this horrible affliction, and, just like any family, we argue, joke around, but we've always got each other's backs.  This place was my Godsend when I found it.  I hope it will be yours, too.

There is more combined knowledge about CH, its symptoms, medications that work and those that don't work, its causes, than any medical doctor anywhere could ever know.  One of our biggest battles is to educate the medical community, and if you read many posts, you'll see that a good chunk of the medical profession does not know anything about CH, nor in some cases do they WANT to learn about it, especially from us "laypeople".  Those docs are to be avoided at all costs!

Anyhow, welcome again.  Come here whenever you need a lift, have a question, need to vent, or just plain talk to someone else who understands.  

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss