Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:46am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New to this Group »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New to this Group
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New to this Group  (Read 644 times)
SteveG
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

New to this Group
« on: Oct 26th, 2005, 10:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,

I was recently diagnoses with CH, but I've been getting them since I was a child. When I was a kid people would tell me to deal with it, it's just a headache. Then, almost as if I can't remember, I didn't receive anymore until 2001. When they resurfaced, I literally wanted to end it all. They lasted for about eight weeks then dissapeared as fast as they appeared. This kind of pain is not meant to be tolerated. I've been in the military, had testicular cancer, followed by chemo and nothing compairs to this kind of pain. I've always thought of myself as a man who could handle any pain out there, and I can, except this.  They started again about six weeks ago. I don't get several per day. I get one real bad one that lasts anywhere from 30 minutes to six hours. However, the one I got last night was different, not as intense, but long and throbbing. Maybe it's a sign that their going to end. I've said that before though, only to be dissapointed later that night. I really thought I was alone in the world. It's comforting yet sad to see there are others out there like me. Thats about it I guess. Oh,   I'm 27 live in Kansas City. If it weren't for my girlfriend and eight month old son, I probably wouldn't be here. Thank you for listening.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: New to this Group
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26th, 2005, 11:02am »

Hi Steve. Welcome and sorry you had to find us. You have stumbled upon the best CH site out there. It's full of helpful info and supportive folks. Read all you can here, you are your own best advocate. Have you been officially diagnosed? Are you trying any meds?  
pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #2 on: Oct 26th, 2005, 11:08am »

hi Steve
glad you found here sorry you had to though
you just joined what must be the greatest family of non related people in the world laugh laugh
best advice i can give is read,read,read then present docs with your knowledge
see you soon  
zany
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 26th, 2005, 11:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Steve ! Welcome aboard ! Grab an oar and help us row  Grin

Read, read, read !
http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf

PF Wishes
UNsolved
IP Logged
SteveG
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Oct 26th, 2005, 12:44pm »

Nani,

Yes I have been officially diagnosed. When I went to the emergency room last weekend. Thanks for the support.

To everyone,
Tell me more about Histimine. I've read a little about it. I've alos heard that lithium can be useful, although it's chalked full of side effects.
IP Logged
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #5 on: Oct 26th, 2005, 1:10pm »

Hi Steve,
You might also want to take a look at oxygen as an abortive. There is specific information on how to use it properly for Ch here on this site.  And the people here are great at answering any questions you may have.  Good luck, and pain-free wished to you.
Patti
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 26th, 2005, 5:56pm »

Hi Steve

Welcome but sad you have to be here.
This is a great family of people and have to greatest bag of knowledge about CH.
Read read and ask & remember there isn't any dumb questions, ask anything you want there will always be someone who can help.

Oh one word of warning DONT UPSET THE GIRLS THEY GET SAVAGE.
Now i'm outa here before they bite.

Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 10:52pm »

Welcome to our little corner of the web, Steve.  I can tell you, we all know what you're talking about with the pain.  It's kind of nice to be able to find someone who can relate without having to explain it all.  Sounds like you have two very good reasons to hang in there and keep fighting.

There's tons of info to be found here and lots of people who will answer any questions you may have.  Knowledge is the key to getting the proper medical treatment you need.  Read everything you can find ask questions and share what you have learned with others.

Check your messages - up in the right hand corner.

Again, welcome.

Mike
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 28th, 2005, 8:58am »

Us girls aren't savage Barry and I'm gonna bust your chops for saying that  Wink

As you can see Steve the girls here are all sweetness and light, one of the big things about this family is the support we give each other and the other is our sense of humour, if it wasn't for both it would be alot harder for me at least to cope.
Get your girlfriend to come to this site too.. theres as much here for her as there is for you, its tough being a supporter and seeing someone you love go through this diabolical pain. I'm a sufferer, my hubby is my supporter and I know he is torn up seeing me get hit.
I can only reiterate what the others have said about o2, its a life saver for me and I can't rate it highly enough. You need to be using a non rebreather mask and a high flow rate of 12-15 LPM for it to be effective, others can get away with lower but as a new user go for broke and get the optimum set up. Its med free, its cheaper than any triptan and you can get portable sized tanks (E tanks) so its perfect. Using O2 changed my life for the better and I can't recommend it enough.
My other advice is to read, read and read a bit more. This site is a gold mine of information and you can tap into the mother lode any time you like!
Looking forward to getting to know you and your family better
Regards
Helen  
PS Baby photos are compulsory so hurry up thank-you-very-much!
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss