Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 12:29am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Pain in my.........Head »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Pain in my.........Head
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Pain in my.........Head  (Read 756 times)
thinzley
New Board Newbie
USA 

this is how i feel today - greenhead

Email

Pain in my.........Head
« on: Nov 5th, 2005, 8:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

well i'm going on two/maybe three days i have kind of lost track, it seems as if they are coming faster than they are subsiding.  My name is Theresa, 36 yrs old, no children, married and I have a real issue with these clusters.  I haven't been formally dignos. but after reading and doing the test quizes i'm positive thats what i have clusters.  They come they go, but one is forsure when they are visiting they are on my left side tempal, the eye twitches or shuts, no lights, no sound, and gosh help you if you bother me when i'm in a rating of 9/10 of hurting.  Right now I'm a 2/3 its not gone but if you move just right, it lets ya know i haven't gone anywhere, just taking a little break - These are killing me, i'm not sure what to do to ease the pain. I wanted to litterly kill my husband this morning, we have my 19 yr old nephew living with us and he had to work at 6am - well first he snores like a freakin grizzley bear, so one can imagine when he started that how the head got even worse, i moved to the couch, got a litle better, quiet, cold, no light, relaxing, then they got up, the dog got up and i was Pi$$ed - one could have called me the devil, the noise, the talking, the being of them made me want to pull a charles manson - i know thats bad but thats how i felt, i heard the dog and them down stairs, i finally GOT up went down stairs and said GET OUT I"LL TAKE CARE OF HER (dog). they left w/out a word, i went back to the couch and rested, now i'm up again.  The hard thing is when i get these at work, i don't have a choice but to deal with them, i can't just take off and rest, i have 50 agents plus customers, BRIGHT LIGHTS in the office, phones, and my name being called every 5 minutes. I don't have a choice they don't understand.  

I guess one of my questions is there anything one can take, or do other than sugery to help subside the effects.

I'm off to lay down again its getting stronger - but can't wait to do more searching on the CH web site.

Thanks - and happy pain releaving!

Theresa
IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

Re: Pain in my.........Head
« Reply #1 on: Nov 5th, 2005, 9:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Nov 5th, 2005, 8:56am, thinzley wrote:
I guess one of my questions is there anything one can take, or do other than sugery to help subside the effects.

Thats the millione dollar question. The first thing you need to do is to get to a neuro and get a proper diagnosis. Rule out more serious problems. Then it's trial and error in finding a med that will help. Most start with Verapamil. if that don't help, maybe add Lithium to the cocktail. If those don't help, your journey has just begun.

Goodluck
UNsolved

Edited to add some reading for you:
http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf

« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2005, 9:13am by unsolved1 » IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 5th, 2005, 9:23am »

Research!!!

Get to a doctor and find a proper diagnosis!!

You mentioned your aversion to sound and photsensitivity (light) Is this correct?

You also mentioned wanting to rest. Do you mean that you want to be still when your HA occur?

Whatever you do have, pain sucks and I hope you find relief.

We'll try to guide you.

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 5th, 2005, 9:27am »

Theresa please do what UNsolved said and go see a neuro as soon as possible.

Not only do you need to be diagnosed but the medication you will need then will most probably be prescribed stuff.

Look on the left hand side of this board and go through the info there.  You will find the most popular meds that have been tried and tested.

Good luck and let us know what your doc said.

Jas
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Phil L
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 5th, 2005, 10:21am »

This is the best place on earth for CHers. Visit, research
and read. Just purusing the posts makes me feel better, not alone and stronger. The most important points I've learned from these great folks is to find a really great Neuro, suck 02, the right meds that work for you, and
to keep on truckin.

Sorry your here, but glad you've found this site.  

Phil
IP Logged

When I get up in the morning and have to look down to see the grass
I know it's going to be a great day.
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #5 on: Nov 5th, 2005, 10:52am »

Hi Theresa.  
The second subject on this board addresses dealing with colleagues and friends.  Check it out.  It has some good suggestions for CH sufferers at work.
Also, you may be able to find a way to use oxygen at work if you get a little creative about it.  O2 is a very effective method for aborting headaches for many of us here, and there is much info on this site to help you learn the best way to use it.  Please read as much as you can.  It is always better to be armed withh lots of information when you see a doctor.  Sorry you had to find us, but glad you're here.
Pat
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
thinzley
New Board Newbie
USA 

this is how i feel today - greenhead

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 5th, 2005, 11:50am »

Thank you all so much for the wonderful replys and helpful information.

"You mentioned your aversion to sound and photsensitivity (light) Is this correct? "  

**When light hits my left eye it hurts and botherson, i don't even want to hear a pin drop when i'm in a high rate of pain i just want to think about breathing,  

"You also mentioned wanting to rest. Do you mean that you want to be still when your HA occur?"  

**When I have a HA i can function with out being still, go about my day dealing with having a HA. But when I have CA - when its in the range of 5/6 sometimes 7 degree pain, if i lay down, be still it helps at times not work the pain up, BUT like last night when i went to bed, i was ok i was more lik a 1/2 degree, went right to sleep but i'll be dipped if at 1AM i wasn't in a 8/9 and by 3 i had hit a 10, at that point i don't know what to do with myself, laying down, sitting, nothing seems to help except looking at the butcher knife and thinking w/the right side of the brain how i can cut the pain out.  

The neighbor called, she sent down a darveset (sp?) it's taken a little edge off but still there.  

I do have a neuro, just haven't been back to him for a while went for a totally diffant reason.  I did go and read the letter for friends and family - i'm gonna print it off.

thanks again,

Theresa
IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #7 on: Nov 6th, 2005, 7:15pm »

Hey Theresa,

Seems to me that you need to get yourself to that neurologist. very important to get a correct diagnosis and something, not darvoset. for the pain. It won't help clusters or most other HA's....and it may be that you have more than one HA type going on...it's best to check it out and be sure. If it's new for you ..please go and get a neuro exam.

please let us know how you are doing.  
Be well and Pain free,
lionsound
IP Logged
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Nov 7th, 2005, 4:07am »

Proper diagnosis is important.  There are numerous headache disorders with a variety of causes, known and unknown.

You may or may not have clusters but proper diagnosis from the site is not possible.

Keep a journal of your symptoms and see a neurologist.  I've had the best success with neurologists specializing in headache disorders (headache clinics) over general neurological practices.

Use your journal to discuss symptoms in detail with some docs who will most likely schedule medical testing to rule out physical causes and other disorders.

Let us know how things are going.

Best wishes on your journey.  

Tom      
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss