Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 9:52am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « this site has given me new hope »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   this site has given me new hope
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: this site has given me new hope  (Read 686 times)
Rebel_Python
New Board Newbie
USA 

Down with the sickness

Email

this site has given me new hope
« on: Nov 9th, 2005, 7:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

WOW!!!!!!!   I couldn't believe it when I came across this site. I'm in remission after a 4 week fight with the "Beast". I obviosly won cause I'm still alive to talk about it  and as you all know is a major accomplishment. One question though, Have any of you been turned out by incompetent E.R.  staff who believe you are only there to score drugs? This has happened to me several times and the last time I came home and put a .38 to my head. If those people only knew half the torment inflicted by CHS.
IP Logged

Jason P Adams..........Rebel Python
Kate in Oz
New Board Old Timer
Australia 

339600790 339600790    

Re: this site has given me new hope
« Reply #1 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 7:30am »

Shit yeah!  Last time I was in ER which was the final bang of my last cycle the nurse thought I was just trying to get off on the 02!!!   "I think you've had enough of that."  Urrrr.   Thankfully the doctor eventually showed, did some research and put me back on.  

Welcome aboard - you got CH - you're in the best place!!

Kate

P.S. congratulations on the win!
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #2 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 7:37am »

G'day, Rebel, and welcome aboard.  

Don't worry that ER treated you as a druggie, and don't think for a moment it happens only in your town or in your country.  We know all about it.

Be different if blood was gushing from our gullet, or an amputated limb being conveniently brought in by a friend, but what do we have to show for it?

"Look, doctor.  Can't you see my eye is red?"

Put the .38 away, mate.  You're among friends now and between us we've almost too much info to pass on to you.  

Sit down, big breaths to relax, and start reading.

Welcome home,

Brian.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 9:50am »

Rebel like Brian said: "Welcome home"

This is the place where we do not give up, on ourselves or each other.

Jas Wink
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Rebel_Python
New Board Newbie
USA 

Down with the sickness

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 6:16pm »

Thanks for the encouragement. There is so much I would love to learn from all of you. Untill I came across this site,I thought nobody on this world could understand the absolute Hell I live in when the beast attacks. There was an article in this month's readers digest about migrains and they mentioned Cluster almost as an afterthought,I guess becouse not enough of us have come forward. After being checked out by doctors,having cat scans,and trying meds left and right and nothing seems to work,one tends to yeild to the fact that you're screwed and end up in a room you call a suffering room in the dark and in hell.
IP Logged

Rebel_Python
New Board Newbie
USA 

Down with the sickness

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 6:29pm »

I have gone through every phase of what everyone here calls the "Dance". Though I'm glad to have found you,and you seem to come from all over the world and every walk of life,I'm deeply saddened that anyone else would have to know what I'm talking about. BTW I'm 34 and kicked by the demon since I was 15. The really strange thing is,I was calling it a demon years ago,even as a 15yo. Untill today,I've never heard it from anyone else.
IP Logged

rextangle

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 8:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Welcome to the club man!
What makes this place the best place to be is that none of us really want to be here, if you catch my drift.

What are you using for relief? I hope you have an 02 tank like all good clusterhead should.

Here's a good site that has info on meds and other therapies available put together by Floridian, another member here.

http://www.med-owl.com/clusterheadaches/tiki-index.php

Ask questions, vent, laugh. That's what we're here for.

Be well,
Rex
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2005, 8:19pm by rextangle » IP Logged
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 8:48pm »

Welcome Jason.

You'r in good company here, read, ask questions whatever there is always someone awake around the world to talk to.

Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
Rebel_Python
New Board Newbie
USA 

Down with the sickness

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 9:21am »

I have lithium and I've used it for about a year,but for whatever reason, It played out about a month ago and I went into the worst  episodes in a year. Tired of explaining myself to doctors and ER staff,I have begun using the caffiene cure. Believe it or not, BC headache powders will sometimes calm things down,but thats hit and miss. Is there really a GOOD non narcotic that will work? Growing up in the good 'ol USA,one tends to buy into the myth that it wont work unless it's narcotic. Doctors wouldnt be so hard assed about prescribing non narcotic medicines. Like I explained to an ER doctor a couple of years ago, If I need some kind of good mind altering substance, I would get it in the street right now instead of waiting in this god forsaken place you call a waiting room for 3 or more hours.
IP Logged

Rebel_Python
New Board Newbie
USA 

Down with the sickness

Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 9:31am »

Thanks for the advice on the 02 rextangle. I'm ready to try it . It gets really embarrising when you have to keep going to the local drug store counter with an arm full of otc stuff that may or may not work. People look at you like you just stepped off a ship from mars.
IP Logged

Rebel_Python
New Board Newbie
USA 

Down with the sickness

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 11:29am »

After reading alot of history on this site, I've noticed alot of variations of the same hell.For instance,not only do I lapse into the insanity of the dance,but I also have to puke at the same time. My attack will start with what I call a "Pinging" just behind the right eye. I will get this "Ping" once every minute or so for about 5 minutes, giving me a warning we're about to dance. All of the sudden it hits me like a hammer and I'm completely praying,cursing,beating myself in the head,and while I have tried with every ounce of my strength,I can never keep myself from doing these things. Only two people have ever seen me act this way and niether one of them come around anymore. That is why I live alone. I have designed a room I call my "Suffering room".Pitch black during the day and sound proofed by heavy quilts lining the walls. When I'm in remission,I'll look at this room and think to myself I'm actually losing my grip on sanity.
IP Logged

Rebel_Python
New Board Newbie
USA 

Down with the sickness

Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 11:42am »

Every one will probably get tired of my posts, but please bear with me as this site has opened a whole new world for me. In my last post,I mentioned some of the things I do during an attack. The idea hit me that maybe beating yourself in the head,praying,cursing,rolling on the floor,maybe all of that is not only the RESULT of the attack,but actually part of it. Wonder what a psycholigist would think of that?
IP Logged

Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 1:41pm »

Welcome, Jason. I've put a .357 in my mouth before, from being so fed up... What stopped me from doing it, I still don't quite know. I certainly wasn't afraid to do it.

Anyway... Enough of that shit.

Welcome to CH.com. I'm sorry you've been dealing with this hellish condition. Glad you've found us, though.

-Frank
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
biker_babe
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #13 on: Nov 11th, 2005, 4:17pm »

WELCOME!!!        
   Welcome to (as far as i'm concerned) the only place you need to be, HOME!!! This place has saved my life, and my sanity! We've all been there mate, and all made it through the other end, it aint worth it, stick with these guys, as someone said, somwhere in the world theres someone there!  Keep Well Wink
IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 12th, 2005, 12:25pm »

The light is always on here, someone is always home, so you just stick with us.
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Rebel_Python
New Board Newbie
USA 

Down with the sickness

Email

« Reply #15 on: Nov 13th, 2005, 12:10pm »

You'll definately hear from me after my next dance becouse it leaves me feeling so empty and I'll need to talk to somebody.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss