Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 8:33am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Newbie.. Not diagnosed yet, looking for support »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Newbie.. Not diagnosed yet, looking for support
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Newbie.. Not diagnosed yet, looking for support  (Read 571 times)
Jubileo
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Newbie.. Not diagnosed yet, looking for support
« on: Nov 20th, 2005, 8:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello everyone.  I am very happy to have found this site and I am hoping you can help me..
To start with, I have had this kind of headaches a long time ago but I did not know what they were. At the beginning I thought they were related to my sinus  Huh.   They still have not diagnosed cluster headaches yet but my symptoms are as follows: I get really bad pain in and around my eyes, also if I press on my eyebrow it hurts a lot.  They come and go and get them worst when I am under stress. Also, I used to get them only on my right eye. This week I got it on my left eye and today, I feel it in both!!  Undecided  Is this even possible?  I went to my ENT doctor thinking perhaps it was my sinuses.  She did a CAT scan and apparently thats not what it is so I have an appointment with her tomorrow.  In terms of meds, I am only taking TYLENOL which of course does not help much... I am hoping tomorrow she can refer me to a neurologist and give me something for the pain..... Thanks so much for listening...
IP Logged
kissmyglass
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Don't Mix Triptans

Email

Re: Newbie.. Not diagnosed yet, looking for suppor
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 8:29am »

Take the Cluster quiz to the left and let us know how you make out. Also a neuro appointment asap is probably a good idea.

Kev
IP Logged

"It does so fucking look like her" - Picasso
[img][/img]
Jubileo
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 9:09am »

Hi and thanks so much for your message  Smiley I got 5 positive answers (from the 7 that are indicated as having CH).  Yes, I will go to my ENT tomorrow. She will go over my CAT scan results and then refer me to a neurologist.  
Thank you very much!
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 9:09am »

While you are waiting for the appt with a neurologist you might find it interesting to print out this article. It will give you a good idea of the treatments which are commonly used--if the final diagnosis is cluster headache.

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH.  (2002)

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Jubileo
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 9:17am »

Thank you very much for your answer Bob.
I am kind of confused because eventhough the pain is bad.. I have read some people compare it to child birth. I had a son and the pain is not comparable. It hurts a lot but not like that .  Also, the pain goes away during the day sometimes and I have not taken any strong medicine and also I can go to sleep and it does not wake me at night, so who knows...  maybe is another kind of migraine...  Thanks again  Cheesy
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #5 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 10:08am »

on Nov 20th, 2005, 9:17am, Jubileo wrote:

I am kind of confused because eventhough the pain is bad....

Don't be confused, Jubileo.  You're amongst friends now who understand and we'll help you every step of the way.  Just keep asking questions.

Maybe it is CH, maybe it's not.  Either way, keep us posted and we'll be there for you.

IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 11:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

If you're having pain in both eyes, it doesn't sound like clusters. (Thats a good thing!) Pray it's not ~ Cause if it is, it'll only get worse!!

Best of luck

UNsolved
IP Logged
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Nov 27th, 2005, 12:39am »

on Nov 20th, 2005, 9:17am, Jubileo wrote:
Thank you very much for your answer Bob.
I am kind of confused because eventhough the pain is bad.. I have read some people compare it to child birth. I had a son and the pain is not comparable. It hurts a lot but not like that .  Also, the pain goes away during the day sometimes and I have not taken any strong medicine and also I can go to sleep and it does not wake me at night, so who knows...  maybe is another kind of migraine...  Thanks again  Cheesy

You may be lucky and it's not CH,  extreme one-sided pain and wake up calls are key symptoms.  But obviously you need to follow through and get a good diagnosis.

Good luck on your journey.

Tom      
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
Stix
New Board Newbie
Mozambique 

pain free days to you all

Stix  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 27th, 2005, 9:36am »

[quote author=Jubileo link=board=knowya;num=1132492075;start=0#0 date=11/20/05 at 08:07:55]They still have not diagnosed cluster headaches yet but my symptoms are as follows: I get really bad pain in and around my eyes, also if I press on my eyebrow it hurts a lot.  They come and go and get them worst when I am under stress. Also, I used to get them only on my right eye. This week I got it on my left eye and today, I feel it in both!! [quote]

hey Jubileo, let me just give a helping hand in saying that if you do have CH the i will support you all the way, but let us hope that its not that, because i have seen how a my mom suffers with CH.
IP Logged

It is when things go wrong that you must never quit.
Kate in Oz
New Board Old Timer
Australia 

339600790 339600790    

« Reply #9 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 4:29am »

Hi Jubileo,

Praying for you that it's not CH.

Let us know how you get on.

Wishin' you all the best,

Kate
IP Logged
Delts
New Board Newbie
Great_Britain 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: Dec 1st, 2005, 1:19am »

Lo Jubileo, i too was misdiagnosed for years everything from sinuses, to the cause being riding my motorbike in the cold  Roll Eyes (cant tell you on here what i replied to that one) and too many bangs on the head from playing rugby Grin the second one may have a bearing on my mental state today laugh.But seriously mate i do hope  you havent got CH for your sake and that of those close to you.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss