Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 5:19am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Just registered »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Just registered
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Just registered  (Read 563 times)
irishsettergal
New Board Newbie
USA 

Just registered
« on: Nov 21st, 2005, 6:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all.  I've been reading here for a little while and wanted to let you know I think this is where I need to be.  I am not officially diagnosed with CH but I've seen several doctors, had the MRI and tried different meds.  I think I have CH and migraines if that is possible.  I'm 34, married with two young children.  I'm looking for suggestions/advice on how to do describe my pain to my husband.  He knows I have headaches but doesn't "get it".  All he hears is that "I've got another headache".  How did you get your spouse/family/partner/supporter... to "get it".  Today was a really bad day for me and for three days all I can do is cry.  I want to jump on my head, hit it with a board, poke my eye out and rip off my ear.  DH sees it as "she's got another headache."  How do I communicate with him and get him to understand this?  I feel very alone.

Thanks for any advice.
IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

Re: Just registered
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 6:43pm »

Welcome Irish.

Go and have a look at the Letter to Employers, second from the top.  First ask him to read that or read it to him.

Then ask him to read more info here on the board.

Good luck and hope you get the message through but remember this is the site for both of you for understanding and support.

Best place to be and read everything on the left.

PF times to you
Jas
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #2 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 7:14pm »

welcome aboard Irish  
sorry you have to be here but glad you are as its the best place to be!!
cant say much more than to underline what Jasmyn said Grin Grin
pfs
ian
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
irishsettergal
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 7:34pm »

Thanks for the kind words.  I talked to DH a big ago and told him about this site and that I'd print some information for him to read so he could get a better handle of how I feel.  He offers his suggestions and tells me that if I slept less and exercised more I'd feel better.  For any full time parent of two young ones you know that the sleep is little and you don't have two free hours a day for yoga! Huh I am hoping to investigate this site together and find a way to live a more pain free life.  I'm still trying to pin point my pain.  Thanks for the welcome and I hope to "talk" with all some more.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 7:53pm »

on Nov 21st, 2005, 7:34pm, irishsettergal wrote:
 He offers his suggestions and tells me that if I slept less and exercised more I'd feel better.  

Slug him in the eye and then say "Does it hurt? Describe it to me".

Send him to the Supporter's Corner of this website. There are wonderful people there.

Then slug him in the other eye. "Sleep that Butthead!"
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #5 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 8:13pm »

go to clusterbusters.com show him the video of chuck getting hit tell him to take note of chucks supporter(luke) and tell him thats what you need not friggin yoga!!
ian
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 9:57pm »

Sorry you are here, take the cluster quiz. Consider an appointment with a Neurologist. Take the unfeeling $%@%&^ with you. The diagnosis alone would convince anyone. Yes you can have both.
all the best  
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 12:49am »

Hi Irish and Welcome

You do need a proper diagnosis so you can access abortives and  preventive medicines that are out there.

Oxygen  . . . works for about 70% of us as abortive.  I can kill the beast in minutes if caught early in the attack.  No side effects and relatively  inexpensive if you have to pay out-of-pocket.  To be effective, you need a 15 lpm regulator and a non-rebreather mask (the one with the bag).  Requires a doctors prescription.

Imitrex is abortive of choice for many, but expensive if you don't have insurance to cover . . . even then, sometimes difficult to acquire amount necessary when you're having multiple hits.  I understand the injectible Imitrex works in minutes and there is an "imitrex tip" link to the left for stretching the doses.  Many here use the 02 first and save the Imitrex for the attacks the 02 doesn't reach.  I have some arterie blockage and cholesterol problems and cannot take Imitrex (very dangerous in those circumstances), so 02 is my only abortive . . . . go nowhere without it..  WONDERFUL!

Identify triggers.  For many, alchohol is a trigger . . .  definitely was for me . . .  quit 2/02.  For some, smoke, chemicals . . . ?  We're all different.

I'm personally convinced the water/water/water treatment is/can be helpful . . . worth a shot and it doesn't cost anything.  See "water X 3" link on the left.

There's much, much more and you have plenty of reading to do and many questions to ask.  Here you will find folks more than willing to help who truly understand your pain..

Be Safe,   PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss