Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 8:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Newbie here, had a good day! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Newbie here, had a good day!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Newbie here, had a good day!  (Read 545 times)
HeadhurtinMama
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I'll be just peachy when it quits hurting!

Email

Newbie here, had a good day!
« on: Nov 28th, 2005, 9:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all, my name is Bridget and my head hurts. Wink  I have had excruciating headaches for long enough that I don't remember when they started.  I guess I thought that everyone got headaches like mine.  On my quest to make the pain go away, I have been thru 5 neuros and several dxs ranging from atypical migraines to CPH and now to CH.  The changing neuros was due to my insurance dropping providers, but everyone has an opinion about my HA.  See, I really don't fit into any of the boxes.  But my new neuro has started me on verapamil, which she was leary of because I am still nursing my 9 month old.  I went in today to try o2, only to find out that the person that was supposed to order me the right mask, didn't.  So, I got 10 lpm for about 30 minutes with a standard mask.  THe amazing part is, it worked!  The pain started creeping back in about an hour later, but it worked!  So far, I feel pretty good.  The only relief I have gotten from my head was the second and third trimesters of my pregnancies.  When I had DS1, they came screaming back with a vengence about a week after he was born.  This time, they are creeping back a little at a time, but this time I am breastfeeding, so the hormone change is not so sudden.  I am actually not looking forward to weaning him, for fear that the headaches will come back full strength.  But that is the catch 22, I can't use Imitrex while nursing.  Nor can I use most other meds.  I wanted to thank you all for all of the information here.  This seems to be an amazing place!
IP Logged

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are
Wake me up when September ends
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

Re: Newbie here, had a good day!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 9:35pm »

Hi Bridget!

I'm in my third trimester of pregnancy 3 and that oxygen is all I use. If it works for you, that's wonderful!!! Smiley Get the right set up ASAP and you'll be a happy camper...you'll only need to use it for about 15 minutes if that.  

Be well and PF!
-lionsound
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2005, 9:36pm by lionsound » IP Logged
Kate in Oz
New Board Old Timer
Australia 

339600790 339600790    

« Reply #2 on: Nov 29th, 2005, 8:20pm »

Hey Bridget,

What a wonderful thing that the 02 works!!! I was one of the lucky ones in that my headaches eased off during pregnancy and the first year of my sons life.  They're back now but don't give up hope - every pregnancy is different.... and at least you know the 02 works.  

Wishin you all the very best.

Kate
IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 1st, 2005, 2:03am »

Hi Bridget, so good that you found us!

Glad that you found that O2 works and like lionsound said, get the right mask and you will endure this better.

Lots of Mommies here that had their babies and handled the CH, so you will get good advise.

You hang in there and I wish you PF times, especially with such a small babe when you'll need all your energy.

Jas
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss