Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 16th, 2024, 8:35am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Different kind of cycle »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Different kind of cycle
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Different kind of cycle  (Read 1364 times)
LordGoiter
New Board Newbie
USA 

Different kind of cycle
« on: Dec 12th, 2005, 1:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi...I am a newcomer here...thanks for all the info so far.  I have had cycles going back to the early/mid-90s, with a short break from, say 1998-2003.  The pattern was always consistent:

--Late Sept. through early October (2-3 weeks)
--Pain always started between 9p-11p (with infrequent morning rebounds)
--ALWAYS behind my right eye.
--Imitrex (pills or shots) cleared them up.

Ok.  So that pattern came and went again this year, but lasted a bit longer than usual.  But now, it's restarted--with some notable changes.  It's now on the LEFT side, and they come more than once a day.  Imitrex was working until today--when I went to my local Promptcare and got a shot of Toradol.  That did nothing, and Imitrex a few hours later doesn't seem to want to touch it.  I did get an appointment with a neurologist, but that isn't for 4 weeks.

Does anybody have any idea why this has changed so suddenly and horribly?

Thanks!
IP Logged
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

Re: Different kind of cycle
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12th, 2005, 1:47pm »

There are an unfortuanate few here whose attacks switch from one side to the other, then back. Do a search on "switching sides" as that was the name of the thread. I can't remember who posted it.

Patterns of cycles do change too, that is pretty normal. Some even go from episodic to chronic and then back. Everybody dances differently with the beast.

Have you tried aborting with Oxygen? Have you tried Melatonin for night-time attacks?

PF wishes.
IP Logged
LordGoiter
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 2:34pm »

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry for the delay in continuing along, but it's been a rough few days.  I guess that's the deal--it can switch its bearing on me.  Great.  I had four attacks yesterday, and I am almost out of Imitrex.  I have a refill order, but my insurance has it on its "limited quantity" list, meaning that it won't cover more than nine doses a month.  That means that I hafta kick out $170 to refill.  My wife set me up with a GP tomorrow, and I am hoping that he can get me some O2 or something that will be covered.  

Or he can just scoop out the offending chunk of my brain, and I will spend the rest of my days in a home eating soft foods.  But at least my head won't hurt.....

Actually, you mentioned melatonin.  I tried that (unsuccessfully) a few years back for insomnia.  And I also get night terrors.  Maybe my whole brain is addled.
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 2:54pm »

Wecome aboard.

No idea why on the change of sides, but the brain chunk removal sounds interesting.

Maybe the home will have a dairy queen next door.
IP Logged

MJ
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 3:20pm »

You can get on the trex website and they'll mail you coupons. I got a few for $10. Not much, but it helps. Also, try to get samples from your doc, works for me.

Do look into Oxygen. I kick myself in the butt everytime I think about how long I waited to try it. It's cheap, safe, fast, and you don't get rebound headaches.

Finally, try caffeine too. If I can get to my headache early enough, the caffeine will abort it most of the time. For nighttime hits it won't work cause by the time it wakes me, it's already up there on the kip scale. I drink the starbucks espresso shots in the can. About $1 each at the publix.

For melatonin, do you know if you used the regular or time-released ones? How many mg did you take?
IP Logged
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 6:38pm »

O2 and clusterbusters - if you're quick you can still have  a good Christmas!
IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss