Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 7:12pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Newbie Here »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Newbie Here
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Newbie Here  (Read 1251 times)
Carol_Hackler
New Board Newbie
USA 

Newbie Here
« on: Dec 27th, 2005, 6:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there,

Don't know where to start really.  I have had headaches since I was about 13 years old.  I'm now 35 and I am noticing that they have been getting worse lately.  Long ago, the doctors thought I had a combination migraine/tension headache but the ones that I have had in the past few months seem more like clusters to me.  I'm seeing a neurologist on the 3rd of January so hopefully he will be able to help me out as these headaches can be quite debilitating.

Anywho, hello and I look forward to reading more on this site.

Carol Smiley
IP Logged

Wit makes its own welcome, and levels all distinctions. No dignity, no learning, no force of character, can make any stand against good wit.
Ralph Waldo Emerson 1803 - 1882
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

Re: Newbie Here
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 7:53pm »

Hi Carol,

Welcome to the zoo - and the greatest family in the world.

I urge you to take the cluster quiz to the left.  It might give you more insight into whether your headaches might be of the cluster variety (though most people with clusters don't call them headaches).  We keep searching for a different name.

Until you see the neuro, I urge you to start a headache diary.  Note the times of day, frequency, intensity, duration, what meds  you take, what works and what doesn't, etc.  It can be invaluable in your ultimate diagnosis.  For you sake, I hope it's not the cluster variety!

Hugs,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #2 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 10:51pm »

Welcome Carol Smiley

The best thing you can do for yourself is what you are doing now...be an informed patient.

Read, read, read around here and please ask questions if you have any.

Good luck with the neuro and  let us know what happens.  

Be well and PF,
lionsound
IP Logged
paul_pero
New Board Junior
Australia 

zdrastvuyte

« Reply #3 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 6:40am »

good luck with neuro.

Relief starts with information (did I say relief! I mean peace of mind), so read, read & read.  

Paul
IP Logged
Carol_Hackler
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 2:05pm »

Thanks all for the warm welcome!  Grin

I have another one of my headaches again today and I am stuck here at work unfortunately.  I can't wait for my doc appt. next week; hopefully he can help.

Take care!

Carol
IP Logged

Wit makes its own welcome, and levels all distinctions. No dignity, no learning, no force of character, can make any stand against good wit.
Ralph Waldo Emerson 1803 - 1882
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss