Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 5:39pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Meeting in Atlanta »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Meeting in Atlanta
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Meeting in Atlanta  (Read 612 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Meeting in Atlanta
« on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 6:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, after a few mishaps I finally got to meet Matt and Mary...

First we were going to meet at a place that (unknown to both of us) was CLOSED. So we met in the parking lot. My "fun" bunch was really having a fun time with that one ("So are we going to have a picnic in the parking lot or what? Is your Cluster friend bringing the sandwiches?"Wink After Matt's bunch arrived, we decided on a "different" establishment down the road that was "still" in business and serving lunch.

They were delightful (get that out of the way before I forget). He brought his Dad (who tried to be gruff - that lasted about a minute or so and then his "girl thingycat" side came out big time). I had my son, grandson, German son and friend John with me (might as well baptise with fire!). Caleb decided he liked Matt's Dad and decided to sit between Matt and his father (took a lot of talking to get him to move before we ate - he was insistant and stubborn about that one!).  

Anyhow, we did do a little talking (imagine that). My son actually "listened" to some of it. He'd never seen another clusterhead and this was a "first" for him. Of course it's going to take a while for it all to soak in (he was a month late being born - it still takes a while for things to get thru to him).  

We made plans to meet again when Matt comes in again - he comes home about once a month. We're hoping DD can get over her p-neumonia and meet with us next time. She can bring the sandwiches Wink.  

On the way home, my darling son asked me, "Mom, you just go meet with people you don't know and you act like you know them. What's the deal? Ya'll just talk like you're old friends." Now someone tell me how to explain that one! And he brought up Rochester NY again. "Did you act like that when you went up there?" Of course he brought up the "dangers" of meeting people on the Internet.... I don't think he understands completely yet Angry

But it was a great day and a wonderful way to end the year. I can hardly wait till the next one.... Anyone else from around the East Texas area -- Jean you're not THAT far away -- maybe you can make it to the next one. This will give me an incentative to get busy building my house up there.....  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Meeting in Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 12:52pm »

Sounds like you had fun!  You just explain that there is saftey in numbers and in public places.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 2:13pm »

on Jan 2nd, 2006, 6:31am, BarbaraD wrote:
Caleb

IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #3 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 7:39pm »

on Jan 2nd, 2006, 6:31am, BarbaraD wrote:
On the way home, my darling son asked me, "Mom, you just go meet with people you don't know and you act like you know them. What's the deal? Ya'll just talk like you're old friends." Now someone tell me how to explain that one!  

Hugs BD

Don't know Barbie doll, but once I planted my butt next to you in Nashville, I wasn't giving up my spot for a looong time.   Wink     Grin Kiss  

you are da best!
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 11:15pm »

I go to Atlanta once a month to pick up Tristan...when are you meeting again? smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 3rd, 2006, 4:26am »

Atlanta TEXAS Nancy. But you can come too.... Bring Tristan - he and Caleb can play. And Granny B can teach him how to drive you crazy with lights and noise Grin

Oh BTW, your name did come up. I think I told him about you smoking on the plane with Bill L. (still don't know how you managed NOT to get arrested!)

Hugs BD
IP Logged

maffumatt

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 3rd, 2006, 7:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

We made it back home late last night, we had decided to stay another day to visit family. We realy enjoyed our lunch with Barbara and family. My dad was taken with Caleb. I found that Barbara is a great lady. It still amazes me that CHer's have this Kinship. I couldn't think of a better way to end the year. I will post a couple pictures after awhile, the usb cable for the camera is at work. Thanks for takeing the trip from Shreveport to come see us Barbara, and we will have to do it again.  
Matt
IP Logged
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 3rd, 2006, 8:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 3rd, 2006, 8:28am »

Caleb was busy working with his handcuffs. He thought he'd get to arrest everyone.  

Since Matt didn't bring Sandwiches - this is the eating establishment that was serving food.... (just didn't want anyone to think we ate in the parking lot.. Tongue)

Hugs BD
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss