Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 10:54am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Happy New Year... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Happy New Year...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Happy New Year...  (Read 473 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Happy New Year...
« on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 6:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, I actually stayed up till midnight, kissed everyone in sight and didn't get in bed till WAAAYYY past my bedtime.  

Went to my son's for New Year's eve and a cajun party. The neighborhood lit a bonfire and everyone (idiots) gathered out around it and got drunk (I had a few drinks early in the evening and then quit drinking). It was COLD! Everyone ate wayyyy too much (I've never seen so much food) and after midnight I ate my blackeyed peas (I hate the darn things and only eat them on New Years to get it over with for the year!). We did the fireworks thing. A couple of the neighbor's were NOT at home and when I left over there, my son (did I mention there was some alcohol involved) and some other drunks were gathering toliet paper to roll yards. From what I understand they did a fine job of it.  

When I got home, I had no cable, so I went to bed. Yesterday - all day I had no cable. When I finally got thru to the nice cable people to find out what the problem was (and I did remember to pay my bill) it seems that someone in this area ran out of fireworks and got a shotgun out and "accidentally" shot out the cable transformer (they just had way too much fun), so no one in this part of town got to watch any football games yesterday. They finally got it fixed about 8 p.m. last night. The nice lady at the cable company said she didn't have near that much fun.

Anyhow, I only got hit once during the New Year's party and spent a while in the house drinking coffee (one reason I quit drinking) and only had a "sip" of champaigne at midnight and came home sleepy instead of drunk. Slept a couple of hours and got hit again. So my New Year started just like the old (hit at 5 a.m.) Yesterday I didn't do much of anything. Went to bed early and slept till 4 this morning.  

Happy New Year to all of ya'll.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Phil L
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

Re: Happy New Year...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 11:47am »

Ain't life just grand!
IP Logged

When I get up in the morning and have to look down to see the grass
I know it's going to be a great day.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 12:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jan 2nd, 2006, 6:43am, BarbaraD wrote:
it seems that someone in this area ran out of fireworks and got a shotgun out and "accidentally" shot out the cable transformer (they just had way too much fun

YEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWW!!!! cowboy Grin

HAPpy NeW YeAr!!!! Wink
IP Logged
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #3 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 12:29pm »

happy new year to you all too Grin
Ian
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 12:40pm »

A Happy New Year to you Barbara, remember each year is a new one and at least you can meet new strangers every year under the disapproved gaze of your son and get some hugs Wink

CH is CH and we will battle the beast as family again this year.

Best wishes to you hug
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 1:25pm »

Now that's how to party! They know how to wear out the landscape down there. All set for another day of it?  Shocked

Charlie

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss