Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 3:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Tornadoes every where in Georgia! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Tornadoes every where in Georgia!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Tornadoes every where in Georgia!  (Read 466 times)
LadyElaine

Email

Tornadoes every where in Georgia!
« on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 7:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Oh My God what a scary evening we have had.

We had just finished eatting dinner and turned on the TV. The weather man said " If you are in Jonesboro Georgia take cover now". That is where my Mom lives. My heart fell I ran to the phone and called Mom. She answered and I yelled Mom get in the downstairs NOW!
Mom knew not to question just do it. She started yelling "OH MY GOD", and all I could hear was noise that sounded like rocks being throw on tin. Mom said it is hailing golf balls. My Mom is scared of lighting and thunder any kind of storm. I felt helpless. I told her to get in the closet and take the phone but put it on the floor and talk to me till it was over. It only lasted about 10 minutes. It seemed like hours. When it was over she said there did not seem to be any damage. She called back, she lost her back window in her car.

Then the storm Movied to Griffen where my Brother lives.
We waited for them to call. They made it through it but two trees in their yard didn't. Then it headed here, Deveny and JD and dogs were put in my walk in closet. Buddy watched one side of the house I watched the other. Lots of lighting and hail and rain, Thank God no tornadoe.  

Turned on the TV again and houses have been hit all around, trees uprooted. No deaths Thank God.

Man what a scary night!  

God was looking over us tonight.

I will take boring Jonny! Any more excitement in my life and I will go nuts LOL!
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: Tornadoes every where in Georgia!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 7:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm just glad you're all okay Elaine  hug
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 7:12pm »

Glad to hear you're okay Elaine.  Have been worrying about you after I saw our evening news here.  

Stay safe.

Hugs
Carol
IP Logged
LadyElaine

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 7:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I sure would like something soft and white... someone send me snow Please!

Thanks guys, I am glad we are all ok. I was so worried about my Mom most. The lucky thing about us is we live in a hole. Our land goes down hill and we live right in the middle. Thats good when it comes to tornadoes. We kept our eye on the neightbors house on the hill. Out here its so dark it is hard to see anything at night, its on top of you before you see it.
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 7:22pm »

Stay clear of the cement pond!! Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss