Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 7:57pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Valentines.... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Valentines....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Valentines....  (Read 865 times)
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

Re: Valentines....
« Reply #25 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 8:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Way to go Melly!

Check your PM's Wink

Carol
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 12:29am »

There's a wine named 'Breitenbach' that is really really good......"Frost Fire" is the one that brand makes that is VERY popular !! I drank almost one bottle of it by myself one nite at a freinds outside bonfire party......there not big fat bottles or nothin and was a nice break from beer. I got a great buzz off of just a few glasses of it and had a great time.......well......till I got that not so fun SPINS feeling !! It was only 10:00 pm and I am sittin along side my truck banging my head tryin to shake the spins......how embarrassing !!!! I was so mad at myself cuz I was really haveing a good time......one minor detail.......don't forget to eat when drinking !!!!! I blew it and was home spinnin on my own couch by 10:20 pm Pam

Also Boones Farm Apple makes some good tasteing wine also all kinds of flavors now that is GOOD !! Not a real strong wine either like the first one I mentiond. Problem with me and wine is I get a great buzz early but I get a hangover that leaves LATE !!! Hope yer outa cycle and stay PF............way cool !!!!  
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Shaz
New Board Veteran
England 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #27 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 6:20am »

Its amazing how excited we get by just having some pain free time.....

Have a wonderful party Mel and hope you have lots of pain free time to look forward to.

Shaz Kiss
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 3:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well smack my ass and call me Candy!  Another PF night last night, woooofuckenhoooo!!!! Grin Grin  Me thinks the psycho bitch (no, not my sister-in-law unfortunately) is on her way OUT! Wink

Jennifer- Dork points are good, right?  I get a prize fo that, don't I?? Grin (thanks hon!)

Scott- You're freaking me out here, you mean you wanna drive all the way from NY?  LMFAO

BobG- are you volunteering? Grin  Butt seriously, any thunder from down under is worth gandering at, hehe.

Minnie- Thank you so much sweetheart!  I will have to see if we carry any NY wines.  I know we have some from all over the world, but I tend to think that there are a lot of good wineries right here in the good old U.S. Wink

Carol- Don't be so damn shy!  That wasn't so bad! Wink  LOL!

Coots- Boones Farm? I used to get that stuff when I was young because I wanted to get drunk with stuff that tasted like candy, LMAO!  I'm sorta lookin for something a bit more sophisticated nowdays as I want to test lots of good, rich stuff.  BTW, a nice full bodied sipping wine is a good relaxer. Wink

Shaz- Thanks so much!! Smiley

IP Logged
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #29 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 3:33pm »

on Jan 10th, 2006, 3:04pm, Melissa wrote:
Well smack my ass and call me Candy!  

Ok if you insist!!! Grin Wink laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh headbanger biggrin headbanger bloos crackup crackup crackup
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 4:32pm »

For Melly

Have fun!!!   Grin

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
broomhilda
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Ride it!

witchilda

« Reply #31 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 10:27pm »

Mel, you have every reason to celebrate, treat yourself and enjoy Valentines Day, you deserve it!!!Don't forget to check ebay to see if there are any nice red dresses Wink Gotta have a party dress!

Whooo hoooooo Cheesy

Big hugs
IP Logged

Suck it up Princess...

zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #32 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 1:56am »

Melissa--I was only kidding, BUT I think that it is great that you are feeling much better. I know when it appears that the cycle is winding down, I always am abit nervous about the whole thing !!! But I have had pain free nights since Dec. 11th. Even now I am not pushing my luck. From mid october til dec.11 ( 2 full months) I was in hell, and I couldn't even think of going anywhere . Stay pain free and enjoy !!!!
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
imnotbub
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #33 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 2:44pm »

1.  Annie Green Springs.
   2. Ripple
   3. Thunderbird
   4. Arbor Mist      

Oh GAWD, how this makes me think of high school.
you forgot Maddog 20 20 and Boones Farm (honorable mention to Diamond red)

I have tried alot of different wines. Considering you like Asti, I would stick with white. It's lighter. Since it really is a matter of taste, research won't help too much. go to a store with a decent selection and plan on spending $10 - $12. Pinot Grigio is nice. (My wife likes it, I like the reds myself) Let me know.
IP Logged

Life may not be good, but I think it beats the alternative, and if it doesn't, we'll find out soon enough
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #34 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 3:07pm »

Out of cycle needs proper celebration. Go with this one.
This stuff don't even give you a hangover.

IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
Melissa

Email

« Reply #35 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 3:43pm »

Even though I did have one hit last night, I bought the bottles today anyway.  Here's what I got...

From South East Australia- 2004 "YellowTail" Merlot
From Italy- 2003 "Melini" Chianti (Silence of the Lambs is my favorite thriller, so I figured what the heck, might as well try some!)
From France- 1999 "Chateau Greysac" Cru Bourgeois Medoc

I cannot wait!!!!

Grin Grin Grin

Thanks so much again everyone!

(p.s., I like a red, full bodied wine, no light crap, just good fruit, well ripened and the less dry the better as I do not care for getting a buzz on more than I want to enjoy the taste...Wink)

PAT- I cannot read what wine that is, what is it?
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2006, 8:04am by Melissa » IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #36 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 3:53pm »

Melly that was Dom Perignon, a champagne although as champagnes go I prefer Krug myself.
If you like full bodied reds try a nice Rioja or a Tempranillo.. two of my favourite wines  Smiley
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Melissa

Email

« Reply #37 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 4:18pm »

on Jan 12th, 2006, 3:53pm, LeLimey wrote:
Melly that was Dom Perignon, a champagne although as champagnes go I prefer Krug myself.
If you like full bodied reds try a nice Rioja or a Tempranillo.. two of my favourite wines  Smiley

Oh, ok.  I don't care too much for champagne tho, but I'll try anything once! Wink

Helen, thanks for the suggestions.  Are those sweeter wines?  If so, I'm going to add them to my "Wines to try" list for the future. Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2006, 4:19pm by Melissa » IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #38 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 4:33pm »

I wouldn't call them sweet as much as rich. They certainly aren't dry though Mel and I like them ALOT!  Wink
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Melissa

Email

« Reply #39 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 4:56pm »

on Jan 12th, 2006, 4:33pm, LeLimey wrote:
I wouldn't call them sweet as much as rich. They certainly aren't dry though Mel and I like them ALOT!  Wink

Cool! Cheesy  They're on my list! Wink
IP Logged
LadyElaine

Email

« Reply #40 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 5:17pm »

Mel sounds like your going to have a blast Valentines.
I know you will have everything just right. I hope as soon as everyone gets there you relax and have some fun too.

I am so glad you are doing better. I can almost hear the laughter in your voice. I will try and call in a day or two and hear it for real.

I am so happy for you!!!
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #41 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 12:16am »

Never say I didn't do you a favor:  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glogg    

If anything will keep the beast quiet this will.  

So happy you're feeling better kid.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Melissa

Email

« Reply #42 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 8:24am »

farkingsonofabitchdialup!!!! Angry Angry Angry

I lose more posts from getting knocked offline than anything and it pisses me off!  cripes

ANYWAY, Elaine, I know you're happy for me hon, that's because you're such a sweetheart!!! Kiss

Charlie, Glogg sounds yummy, but I would rather of had that for the holidays.  At least I can have something to look forward to for next year!  TY sweets. Wink

Tonight hubby is taking me out for a fish fry, just the 2 of us, and then we are going to Walmart because they have a crapload of stuff on clearance due to them building a Superstore.  All their display TV's are at least $100 off, so we're going to pick one up for the kids front room (our old living room).  Plus, I gotta buy a wine stopper...hehehe.  YAY SHOPPING!!! Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2006, 8:26am by Melissa » IP Logged
minnie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

my greatest joys are my daughters April & Beth

MSNMSGR-me.minnie.7053@hotmail  
Email

« Reply #43 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 9:13am »

on Jan 9th, 2006, 7:58am, zwibbs/Scott wroteTonguearty !?!?!?!?!?-Just give me driving directions from New Rochelle, New York .  
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
on Jan 11th, 2006, 1:56am, zwibbs/Scott wrote:
Melissa--I was only kidding, BUT I think that it is great that you are feeling much better. I know when it appears that the cycle is winding down, I always am abit nervous about the whole thing !!! But I have had pain free nights since Dec. 11th. Even now I am not pushing my luck. From mid october til dec.11 ( 2 full months) I was in hell, and I couldn't even think of going anywhere . Stay pain free and enjoy !!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Awe Scott I was gonna have you swing by Corning NY and pick me up so we can care pool.Now you say your not going   Undecided  Oh well no one to carpool with can't go.....
  Hey Mel we get lots of wine tasting events here.Bring the family and ya got a place to stay and if your into nascar we're 20 minutes away from watkins glen international track lots of events all summer.Plus corning museum of glass and great lakes. Ok enough  of being a travel agent.have a great time and I hope thats the last hit from the beast you ever get.
 Minnie
IP Logged

Friends are Angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
New Board Newbie
Australia 

« Reply #44 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 7:05pm »

on Jan 12th, 2006, 3:43pm, Melissa wrote:
Even though I did have one hit last night, I bought the bottles today anyway.  Here's what I got...

From South East Australia- 2004 "YellowTail" Merlot
From Italy- 2003 "Melini" Chianti (Silence of the Lambs is my favorite thriller, so I figured what the heck, might as well try some!)
From France- 1999 "Chateau Greysac" Cru Bourgeois Medoc

I cannot wait!!!!

Grin Grin Grin

Thanks so much again everyone!

(p.s., I like a red, full bodied wine, no light crap, just good fruit, well ripened and the less dry the better as I do not care for getting a buzz on more than I want to enjoy the taste...Wink)

PAT- I cannot read what wine that is, what is it?

If you're into full bodied reds I would have to say that our (Australian) reds are among the best in the world. In terms of quaffers there are an inordinate number of Shiraz and Merlot releases every year that are extremely drinkable (cellaring is for rich old stingy people) all around the AUD$10-15 range. This past holiday season I drank two cases of Hardy's Oomoo Shiraz (RRP AUD$12.95 but around $10 if you shop around). The last few years it was Ingoldby Shiraz. If it's a really special occasion then look for Cape Mentelle Cab/Merlot, I think it's around $25.

As a general rule of thumb it's a safe bet to stay well away from NSW wines (sure, the Hunter Valley is a pleasant place but the wine is pretty hit-and-miss). South Australia for reds and New Zealand first for my favourite whites (SSB) then maybe Tasmania. Of course every now and then you get something really good from some strange part of the world but I don't have enough drink vouchers (money) to stray too far from local wines.

Feel free to PM me about it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss