Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 4:59pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 'splain please »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   'splain please
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 'splain please  (Read 571 times)
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

'splain please
« on: Jan 8th, 2006, 9:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You guys ever get fed up with everyone and everyday ritual garb hassles irritations to where ya jus don't wanna be around anything or anyone much other then yer own stuff and do yer own thing.....fer a while at least ? Fight or fright Pam  

PS: Not talkin bout Brad tho........wanted to clairify......
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Melissa

Email

Re: 'splain please
« Reply #1 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 10:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jan 8th, 2006, 9:53pm, cootie wrote:
You guys ever get fed up with everyone and everyday ritual garb hassles irritations to where ya jus don't wanna be around anything or anyone much other then yer own stuff and do yer own thing.....fer a while at least ?

Nooooooooooooooo, NEVER!  I am just peachy keen and sociable every day of the 31 years I've been alive!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

NOT!!!!!!!

Pam, of course!  We all have days like that.  I usually just let the family know I'm having a bad day and to leave me alone.  And they do, mostly, because they know I'll turn into the bitch from Hades with a forked tounge if they don't!  And if Momma ain't happy, nobody's happy!

Just think, tomorrows a new day. Wink
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 10:30pm »

on Jan 8th, 2006, 9:53pm, cootie wrote:
to where ya jus don't wanna be around anything or anyone much other then yer own stuff and do yer own thing.....fer a while at least ? Fight or fright Pam

To have neither a season or reason for fight, flight, or fright?  

luvs it, all is squares Pamsies   Wink    Cool    Kiss  

IP Logged
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 11:39pm »

There's a point in at least every day where I feel like that...  

hug
Carrie Smiley
IP Logged

Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 2:48am »

Pam this is something I seem to require more and more, the older I get(me a grumpy old woman) and the more of a hermit I become.  I like my space.
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 2:53am »

Ditto Jasmyn

GHOF,

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 3:33am »

Yep! I'm fed up with working for a living. Come next July it'll be 40 years and one month with this company. I'll be 59 and a half  and I'm walking out the door with my 401k and contract buyout. Screw it. I've had enough.
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2006, 5:03am by BobG » IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 7:58am »

Yep and I have the shirt to prove it.

Found a Disney Grumpy (all day long) shirt and on Bad Days I wear it and everyone know to Leave Granny ALONE cause she's Grumpy today! Even Caleb recognizes Granny's Grumpy today - better be on good behavior!

We all have those days. Just tell everyone to go to hell - it'll make you feel better.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 8:28am »

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes escaping the nonsense and static is necessary to recalibrate one's internal systems.

Tom
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 9:13am »

on Jan 9th, 2006, 3:33am, BobG wrote:
Yep! I'm fed up with working for a living. Come next July it'll be 40 years and one month with this company. I'll be 59 and a half  and I'm walking out the door with my 401k and contract buyout. Screw it. I've had enough.

I am so jealous. Good for you, Bob.  

And Pam, the older [chronologically] I get the more I like to NOT hang out w/ anyone but my self. Sometimes I get invited by the cat or da spousal unit but even that is becoming a rarity.  
TomM
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2006, 9:14am by TomM » IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
Wendy

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 9:30am »

Buy an I-pod!!! Grin Grin And turn it up REAL LOUD!!!! Grin
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #11 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 11:07am »

Pam, I need ME - time every week. When things get busy, I actually mark it to my calendar. Wink

Best wishes,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 11:30am »

This is stuff that has been building even ever so slightly.......then the holidays hit.......then I even had added Xmas invitations that was jus TOO much and I said 'no' ! Had the New Years even hotel hell party to top things off.....yeah it was fun yukkin it up with freinds in our room but it was boreing as hell sitting and all them people runnin past your room all nite screaming and yelling and all the kids was a bit MUCH. OK nuff of that.....other stuff is jus 'things'......little rude thing someone says here and there or does.......extremly rude people callin about pups I sell cuz of all the publicity on puppy mills so they treat me as if I am THEM......last one demanded temperment and health gaurantee and YELLED at me I would not do that. Add that and a messy husband that became a pig to the max as far as picking up which has SINCE been resolved and he is TRYIN to help. Lots and LOTS of outings and events planned with freinds the past year that turned WIERD......sumthin always went wrong or wasn't rite. Plannin a banquiet for a freind and I got told to STFU by one PRIM AND PROPER friend for asking a couple of the close freinds that agree'd to have it "details" my freind catering needed to fineally figure the final price she'd written down but wasn't positive of. Had a meltdown after New Years.......ever spend two days on a couch tellin everyone to STAY THE HELL away and not get up to do ONE SINGLE THING or even eat. (mental vacation) I cried for two days.......gettin back on track but have decided to stay away from alot of the irritations even if it is my closest freinds for a while.....and plannin things.......and will be rude rite back to any puppy or dog calls I have decided or hang up ! Went out to eat Sat and the waitress gabbed our heads off......I wanted to scream but handled it. Keepin to myself with my cats and critters Pam  

Is that normal tho ???? Yes......I whine don't I ??????? Oh and now the new thing is............INSTANT migraine when sumthin pisses me off......had alot of that the past week. Maybe I should find sum of that HEADON rub on crap.........yeah sure.......uh huh.......rite !
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Melissa

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 1:03pm »

Pam, I had a really good post written all out, but when I went to send it, it disappeared.  So, I'll give you the shortened version...

Basically, what I was trying to convey to you, is that it sounds like you need to start saying NO more often or else you might be headed for a nervous breakdown.  I have learned to listen to myself when it comes to what it is I can handle, and what will send me overboard.  Slowing myself down was hard, but I have done it.  I no longer feel guilty for saying no when I am just too tired, or feel as if I just don't want to do something.  Women lay way too much guilt on themselves and don't have enough "me" time.  

If you can, try and quit all caffeine for awhile.  The withdrawl headaches suck, but it'll only be for a few days and it'll help to reset your nervous system.  Some may say they could never live without their caffeine, but it can honestly fry your nerves, especially if you are a very busy person.

Anyway take my suggestion for what its worth.  I just don't want to see you having more days where you're crying and wanting to be constantly secluded.  Remember, this is your life, no one elses, so you should live it like YOU want to.

HUGS,
mel
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 11:32pm »

I took myself shopping again today.......got into a TIZZY about this big banquet we are puttin on with some other freinds end of this month cuz NO ONE would contact my freind catering it with answers she NEEDED. I been in a tizzy about it......so Brad fineally got on the phone and got things settled tonight and even tho I started a real shit storm with freinds IT IS SETTTLED and my friend is goin to go buy the food TOMARROW !!!! Man I was wound for sound today and maybe I should cool it with the caffiene ? I bought some carbinated water today and been drinkin it. Now....to get this house back in order after the holidays and look in the mirror and look 10 years younger and I am GOOD TO GO ! What ya see isn't always what ya want Pam

Thanks guys.........my cat is mad at me today to make matters worse.........WTF ???
IP Logged

Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #15 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 2:08am »

Pam take a lesson from your cat and what Mel said.

Say NO and be Mad.  It is OK, it is your right.

Cats get pissed off and never explain, then they become good again and don't explain.  They never do things they don't want to and they don't care about what people think.

Cats are superior because they think they are and they treat themselves like that.

It is good to be a cat

Wink
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 8:25am »

Yes Pam..I feel like this alot more lately.  I see people slowly getting meaner day by day and it seems to be infecting me as well. I'm no longer interested in getting together with my longtime friends or doing things that in the past that I thought were enriching my life.  I now just want to be alone and away from the daily rudeness I witness and participate in.

I am currently designing a new home for a ten acre piece of land up the road from here. It will be a steel pavillion with a building underneath.  It will have minimal living quarters, a shop and a greenhouse. It will attempt to be as much "off the grid" as possible and hurricane proof. It will have a pond for raising fish, a garden for crops, some chickens and orchard.  

I need this dream because it keeps me in the daily fight and with each day the will to complete this goal gets stronger and more rational.  I want to get away from my current way of life and simplify the time I have left.  

I want to be a hippie!

Hang in there Pam. You're not alone.

Steve G

IP Logged
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 9:42am »

on Jan 10th, 2006, 2:08am, Jasmyn wrote:

It is good to be a cat

Wink

Once you realize your cat is training YOU, everthing else falls into place.  Tongue

Hang in there, Pam. Lots of good advice written here. Remember the big picture: What is truly important to YOU.
TomM  Cool
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2006, 9:43am by TomM » IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #18 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 12:17pm »

Thanks guys.......shit Stevegeebe really hit close to home !!! That's how I feel.....like what you said ! I love my friends and used to be so excited all week lookin forward to outings we had planned or some sort and now I DREAD THEM......not that I don't have fun......it's just that is ISN'T always fun. And yeah I am tired of bein part of all the rudeness......I'm even bored with the band scene around here. Used to love to go sit and watch a band and always LOVED to be able to go out and dance. Now it is a battle of the drunks. Guess I have outgrown myself faster then I can comprehend Pam

Well at least that is one of my BEEFS with the world rite now......the holidays were no help for my SIKE'E !!!!  

ps: I also have all sorts of ideas to remodel this old house......was suppose to add on a small sun room last fall but got too busy helping 'others'......never got the outdoor woodburner alternative heat source in either. (those outdoor woodburners that pump heat into your house deals) I have BIG DREAMS of makeing this house self sufficiante cuz of weather and other conditions. But every year we say we ARE gettin busy and doin it and it never happens. What I am sayin is.....it scares me to know we could get caught with our pants down again if power is knocked out or roads closed from storms. Were kinda like the grasshopper in the 'grasshopper and the ants' story. I think 'it's time' to buckle down.
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2006, 12:26pm by cootie » IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #19 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 2:42pm »

Pam,

I find myself very content more often in just being alone.

My wife sometimes get frustrated when I quickly and openly tell people "nope" to ideas for events that just sound like stupid drunkfests. I give no reason, I just say, "nope, won't be able to make it." She says, "you shouldn't be like that, they won't invite us later if you're like that about it." I then think, "well that would be okay too."

Just age gettin on ya Pam, that's all it is. Some people end up like moths, and can't stop flitting around the light, then others are content to just crawl along by themselves in quietness and peace.

Scott

IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss