Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 9:05am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Trolling is now illegal! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Trolling is now illegal!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Trolling is now illegal!  (Read 1284 times)
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: Trolling is now illegal!
« Reply #25 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 2:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jan 10th, 2006, 7:25pm, Charlie wrote:

I truly love this legislating from the bench crap. It's the far right that rants incessantly about doing just that. It's all about abortion and waste of time stuff relating to religious expression. They want nothing but legislation from the bench so long as it's on their approved list.  

As I've posted before, I have no problem at all with religious expression so long as I don't trip over it. Think of how much good could be done if all that energy were used to help the truly needy.

While Bush's stunningly moronic appointments on so many levels show his true mettle, you can't deny that the idiot has every right to appoint a conservative.  It's the way it is.  

Charlie

That's right, keep throwing the emotional, hot button, non-issues under the train to divert attention from the real issues.  Roe v. Wade is not going to be overturned.  Too many people in this country believe that abortion is a woman's right.  And no matter how many conservatives get on the bench or in Congress, there's not going to be a "State" sponsored religion, either.  People won't put up with it.  

In the mean time, real damage is being done while the media plays sleight of hand with the truth.  Have you already forgotten the Supreme Court's disposing of our right to be secure in our property?  Or do you just not care that now because of the Supreme Court going beyond their authority your house and my house can be taken away from us and be given not to the local government for infrastructure, but to some sheister developer promising more tax revenue from our property.

Pretending it's not happening and yelling loudly about the conservatives is kind of like the Wizard of Oz telling Dorothy to "Pay no mind to that man behind the curtain."

IP Logged
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 6:34am »

I'm not touchin' you... Oh shit!  It's the feds... Wipe the hard drives!  Burn the logs!  Run like Hell!!!

PFDAN..................................... Drk^Angel

P.S.  If I annoy myself, should I turn myself in for being annoying?  Then again, y'all prolly already beat me to it... Tongue

DA
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
floridian

Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 12:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jan 11th, 2006, 2:21am, Gator wrote:

Roe v. Wade is not going to be overturned.  Too many people in this country believe that abortion is a woman's right.  

Not sure that it matters how many people feel that way - if a majority on the court don't like RvWade, they can strike it down.  

In the questioning today, Durbin asked "John Roberts stated unequivocally that Roe v. Wade was the settled law of the land. Do you, Judge Alito, believe that Roe v. Wade is the settled law of the land?"

Alito did not state that he feels that RvWade is settled.  He did state that: "... it is an issue that is involved in litigation now at all levels. There is an abortion case before the Supreme Court this term. There are abortion cases in the lower courts. I've sat on three of them on the Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit. I'm sure there are others in other courts of appeals or working their way toward the courts of appeals right now. So it's an issue that is involved in a considerable amount of litigation that is going on."

That really clarifies things. What is your position? There are issues, there are court cases. That is my position.
IP Logged
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #28 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 1:14pm »

I'm sorry but does anyone at all understand roe v wade doesnt legalize abortion? read it really ! even if overturned it changes nothing! It is and always will be a state issue as far as abortion. even in the summation from the judges it states that this ruling doesnt grant anyone the right by federal law to get an abortion. all roe v wade does is protected freedom of speech, and the right to privacy, which under the law was already a right.
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #29 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 1:25pm »

on Jan 11th, 2006, 12:05pm, floridian wrote:

Not sure that it matters how many people feel that way - if a majority on the court don't like RvWade, they can strike it down.  

In the questioning today, Durbin asked "John Roberts stated unequivocally that Roe v. Wade was the settled law of the land. Do you, Judge Alito, believe that Roe v. Wade is the settled law of the land?"

Alito did not state that he feels that RvWade is settled.  He did state that: "... it is an issue that is involved in litigation now at all levels. There is an abortion case before the Supreme Court this term. There are abortion cases in the lower courts. I've sat on three of them on the Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit. I'm sure there are others in other courts of appeals or working their way toward the courts of appeals right now. So it's an issue that is involved in a considerable amount of litigation that is going on."

That really clarifies things. What is your position? There are issues, there are court cases. That is my position.

While I think there is a chance that some limitations (ie partial birth abortions and parental notification) may be put on it in the future, I really do not think abortion will be totally done away with.  

IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 8:09pm »

Quote:
That's right, keep throwing the emotional, hot button, non-issues under the train to divert attention from the real issues.  Roe v. Wade is not going to be overturned.  Too many people in this country believe that abortion is a woman's right.  And no matter how many conservatives get on the bench or in Congress, there's not going to be a "State" sponsored religion, either.  People won't put up with it.    

In the mean time, real damage is being done while the media plays sleight of hand with the truth.  Have you already forgotten the Supreme Court's disposing of our right to be secure in our property?  Or do you just not care that now because of the Supreme Court going beyond their authority your house and my house can be taken away from us and be given not to the local government for infrastructure, but to some sheister developer promising more tax revenue from our property.  

Pretending it's not happening and yelling loudly about the conservatives is kind of like the Wizard of Oz telling Dorothy to "Pay no mind to that man behind the curtain."  

Have to wonder why you read all that into my post. I pretty much agree with everything you wrote except your saying that it's I who throws emotional issues under the train. Far from it. I'm the one who doesn't care if religious symbols are around or if God Bless America is part of the Anthem or speeches. It's conservative screechers that worry about these non-issues while not focusing of serious stuff.

As for abortion; if they fool with it, it should take years. I'm not sure they will very much for a long time. Like George Will said many years ago; there will always be an abortion state or two where people who can afford to travel will be able to get one.  

God I hate the whole topic and what it has done to politics and the courts.

Like I posted: George Bush has every right to appoint a conservative. It's the way it is.

You are dead wrong about my post.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
floridian

Email

« Reply #31 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 8:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jan 11th, 2006, 1:14pm, Ghost wrote:
I'm sorry but does anyone at all understand roe v wade doesnt legalize abortion? read it really ! even if overturned it changes nothing! It is and always will be a state issue as far as abortion. even in the summation from the judges it states that this ruling doesnt grant anyone the right by federal law to get an abortion. all roe v wade does is protected freedom of speech, and the right to privacy, which under the law was already a right.

Yes and no. There is nothing in the Constitution about medical freedom, so the right to use contraception or have an abortion have been affirmed as privacy rights. But in striking down undue restrictions on abortion, the courts have repeatedly cited Roe V Wade as the key precedent.  

Quote:
While I think there is a chance that some limitations (ie partial birth abortions and parental notification) may be put on it in the future, I really do not think abortion will be totally done away with.  

Your probably right on that Gator, although hard to say for sure. It would be easier for the court just to say that that the right to privacy doesn't extend to women seeking to terminate a pregnancy.  That could free the federal and state lawmakers and state courts to implement a variety of limits according to their various inclinations and the exact wording of the decision.  

But given enough votes, the court could rule that a fetus is human being with full rights, in which case, all abortion would be illegal.  If that were done, the only way to change things would be either a consitutional ammendment or a new court - any state or federal laws would be trumped by the courts.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

Email

« Reply #32 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 8:56pm »

Too bad we aren't allowed national referendums. These shit would be so much simpler. Loud, but simple.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #33 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 3:23pm »

The thing is abortion is going to be done - right or wrong and all the yelling and screaming isn't going to change a darn thing. Whether it's done in a sterile atmosphere or in a back alley - it's going to be done as long as women want to abort babies. How I feel about it, how you feel about it, or how churches feel about it doesn't matter - it's just a fact - it's going to go on as long as unwanted pregnancies keep happening.  

I just don't see why the government should spend so much time arguing about it. It's legal in most states and if it's not women will find a way if they want to get rid of an unwanted baby. It's probably Pat Robertson's fault anyhow......

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

Email

« Reply #34 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 12:07am »

The main thing about abortion is that wealthy and well educated people have always been able to have them done, while the poorest people with the least ability to raise and educate a child weren't.  

I hate what it does to politics.

Charlie
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss