Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 2:18am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What dreadful things have your kids done »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What dreadful things have your kids done
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What dreadful things have your kids done  (Read 1190 times)
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: What dreadful things have your kids done
« Reply #25 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 8:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Guys?  These are all hilarious.   crackup

I have given birth to and raised 7 kids, so I can outdo all of your tales of disgust and dreadful goings-on, but I won't.  I'd have to write a book.  Most of my kids, when still in diapers,  ....all thought they were decended from Picasso.

I will not go into the "medium"  they used however.  nono

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 11:38pm »

I needed the laughs that these posts have given.  Thank you!

I dont have 7 children like Linda - I only have 2... but -  
there is  not enough bandwidth for me to tell all the things my heathens have done............

Once - they decided that everyone in the neighborhood needed their names on their houses........so that everyone would know who lived there.   They used spray paint and painted names on the foundations and siding.    
That was fun.   We moved VERY shortly after that.

Once - the decided to clean the kitchen floor for me.  (sweet kids) They poured a whole brand new bottle of dish soap on the kitchen floor and proceded to play slicky slide,  butt ass naked in alll the bubbles.........when i found them, they both had bubble mustaches and beards, and mohawk hair...and they were laughing their asses off.   There was an inch of water on the whole kitchen floor.  I couldn't help but laugh, when I told them they better get it cleaned up before daddy got home.  they were 7 and 3 at that time.    
It was halarious....  

the floor was so wet, it seeped thru the floor and ruined it.   We moved, again, VERY shortly after that.

That's all I can think of right now  
but I'll be back if I can think of more.

Thanks - tho - I really needed to remember and laugh!

tina Kiss
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 8:23am »

After the blizzard of 78.  We had just moved back from Baltimore MD to Boston. My son Scott then 2, had only seen a dusting of snow that would usually melt by morning so you can imagine the excitement of the 9-10 ft snow banks.  While I was in the kitchen Scott decided to make it snow for his little people and took a huge container of baby powder and made it snow all over my living room in trails.  He drove his cars through it and made foot prints and even showed me how the snow really looked cool in the wooden carvings of my coffee table.  It took months to get it out of those carvings with a toothbrush.  It still had a white residue when we got rid of it.  

Remember I am a child care provider... I recently had a 2 year old unravel a crochetted poncho that I had half finished.  

I had a toddler climb up on my bay window sill and completely gauge the wood while riding on a tray table.
Dave won't refinish it he says till I stop doing daycare.

I have cracked tile from a kid dumping match box cars on to my ceramic tile floor. Dave won't fix it till I stop doing daycare.

I've had broken windows because a child I was caring for threw a matchbox car at the window. We had to fix those.
I have had that same kid go into my bathroom and get into my lipstick and lipstick the whole room, including his private area... try explaining that to a mother how the lipstick got on a 3 year olds private parts.

Yesterday I had a 2 year old grab a cup of milk I was pouring before I put the top on the cup.  I had one shocked toddler covered in cold white fluid shocked and running around my living room.  

I have had my share of horror inside and out.  Including poopy paint jobs to the wall beside the crib... I now pin shut sleepers and insist the moms I work for use the type of t-shirts that snap between the legs.  

I have never been tied up Wendy thats a hoot.....love ya Ree  
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
rickyshot
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

ouch

« Reply #28 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 9:43am »

Have 3 grown children. Lots of stories but when my oldest boy was four I used to take him to Piedmont park in Atlanta which is situated in the gay ghetto. Well there was a cross dresser that day who btw was looking pretty good looked very female but I knew what he was. WEll Sammy (remember he was four) stopped dead in his tracks and pointed at the man and said Mommy look, that man has a DRESS on. Well the man turned around and gave us a dirty look. I just quipped Look honey if you can't fool a four year old why the hell are you trying to fool yourself? laugh

My older two kids put my youngest in the drier for a spin. Thank God I caught that one in time. Try to explain that murder to the cops.  

IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 9:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Since 4:30am (he fell asleep at 7pm last night) this morning, Eli opened 2 containers of Dole mandarin oranges and chucked them all over the family room while dumping the juice over himself, the dog and our coffee table, plugged a Spongebob video game into my stereo's AV outlets, took all the cushions off of both the sectional sofa and the couch in the kids front room, fed our fish Lego's, dumped out about 100 Melatonin vitamins after climbing up on his scooter to reach them on the countertop (stupid vitamin companies should be required to put childproof caps on them), got into the 50 piece makeup kit in one of our bathrooms and was covered head to toe in a burnt orange cake powder (he is currently in the bathtub with that one), and strew all over the house those dumb ass 10"X10" foam blocks with the letters you can take out of them.  It is now 8:30am and I want to go back to bed!!

We have to leave for my Chiropractor appt. in 35min., I hope to God he don't do anything else! Undecided

modified to add: hubby said he also filled up Pickles tank (our gecko) with his toys this morning.  I guess he thinks Pickles needed toys???
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2006, 9:45am by Melissa » IP Logged
minnie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

my greatest joys are my daughters April & Beth

MSNMSGR-me.minnie.7053@hotmail  
Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 10:28am »

Mel I know you have this and sent it to Leesa who sent it to me.Thanks to both I thought after some of these stories the moms needed this.
     Love to all
  Minnie

WHY I LOVE MOM  

Mom and Dad were watching TV when Mom said, "I'm tired, and it's getting late. I think I'll go to bed."

She went to the kitchen to make sandwiches for the next day's lunches.

Rinsed out the popcorn bowls, took meat out of the freezer for supper the following evening, checked the cereal box levels, filled the sugar container, put spoons and bowls on the table and started the coffee pot! for brewing the next morning.

She then put some wet clothes in the dryer, put a load of clothes into the washer, ironed a shirt and secured a loose button

She picked up the game pieces left on the table, put the phone back on the charger and put the telephone book into the drawer.

She watered the plants, emptied a wastebasket and hung up a towel to dry.

She yawned and stretched and headed for the bedroom. She stopped by the desk and wrote a note to the teacher, counted out some cash for the field trip, and pulled a text book out from hiding under the chair.

She signed a birthday card for a friend, addressed and stamped the envelope and wrote a quick note for the grocery store. She put both near her purse.

Mom then washed her face with 3 in 1 cleanser, put on her Night solution & age fighting moisturizer, brushed and flossed her teeth and filed her nails.

Dad called out, "I thought you were going to bed."

"I'm on my way," she said.

She put some water into the dog's dish and put the cat outside, then made sure the doors were locked and the patio light was on.

She looked in on each of the kids and turned out their bedside lamps and TV's, hung up a shirt, threw some dirty socks into the hamper, and had a brief conversation with the one up still doing homework.

In her own room, she set the alarm; laid out clothing for the next day, straightened up the shoe rack. She added three things to her 6 most important things to do list. She! said her prayers, and visualized the accomplishment of her goals.

About that time, Dad turned off the TV and announced to no one in particular. "I'm going to bed."

And he did...without another thought.

Anything extraordinary here? Wonder why women
live longer...?

CAUSE WE ARE MADE FOR THE LONG HAUL..... (and we can't die sooner, we still have things to do!!!!)

Send this to five phenomenal women today...they'll
love you for it!
Then:GO TO BED!

« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2006, 10:29am by minnie » IP Logged

Friends are Angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #31 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 10:44am »

My grandson's middle name is Dennis the Menace....he swings from the railing of my bed, turns flips off my couch, tries to ride on the back of poor little toy poodle Toby and draws pictures on my walls with crayons...but I love every inch of him. Grin smiles, Gamma nancyc
IP Logged
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #32 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 10:49am »

You've got to be kidding!!! My baby has never done anything bizzare or embarrasing.

IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #33 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 11:03am »

We're saving all of these pics for future bribes.

Napkins... There's a several hundred more where I was standing when I took the pic.

This used to be a cassette tape. Not any cassette tape but the 4 track master of some original music I recorded back in the early 80s.

We looked high and low till we were nuts and finally found her when one of her toys started making a noise.

Makeup.... What else can I say???
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #34 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 2:50am »

Commited suicide 4-15-01 no note ? 23 yrs old.

Lee
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2006, 2:51am by forgetful » IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #35 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 12:49pm »

Life is for the living and those who choose to stay enjoy it every day.  
Those who leave on their own, do so by their own choice and not by the choices we make. It is so hard to understand
I am sorry to hear of your loss Lee.  
I have been there with very close friends but not with a child of my own.

-------------------------------

"About that time, Dad turned off the TV and announced to no one in particular. "I'm going to bed."  

And he did...without another thought."

Men we just dont let the little things get in the way. We would take care of things 1st thing in the morning but somehow theres nothing left to do when we get up.

-------------------------------------

When we lived in the big city;
my son ran away from home at the age of four.

Wife helped him get what he needed, crackers, fruit loops in a baggy and a juice in a bottle. All stuffed in a grocery bag.

He was serious about a new life where he didnt have to pick up his toys. She called me to let me know.

I was on my way home anyways. When I came around the corner I saw him sitting on the curb with the bag beside him. Asked him whats up and he said he's running away. I told him he didnt get too far yet and asked how come.

He said, mom said I cant cross the street though.

IP Logged

MJ
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #36 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 7:35pm »

Oh God, I could write a book.  And I still have twins on the way…

I currently have a 13 yr old girl (Morgan) and a 15 yr old boy (Ryan).  Of the two, Ryan has always been the one to provide, er, let’s call it ‘drama’.  I’ll only list the ones that aren’t currently being decided by the justice system.

Our old house had huge rooms, and the kids rooms were no exception.  Ryan’s room was the size of a small playground, so I furnished it with some playground structures.  One was this big plastic gas station/garage thing.  It was big, had two doors, a gas pump, a tool bench and lots of stuff.  For a few weeks, I was suspecting that the cats were peeing somewhere in Ryan’s room, but for the life of me I couldn’t figure out where.  I was always asking Ryan (then 4 yrs old) why the room smelled so bad and did he see the cats peeing in there, ever.  Long story short, I eventually found out that Ryan was peeing into a hole in the structure and the pee was collecting in the hollow walls of it.  Not only that, he was stuffing toilet paper in it to try to block the smell from coming out.  It was disgusting.  Later I found out he was afraid to go out of his room to the bathroom during nap time.  Go figure.

Then there’s the time he and a couple friends burned down a neighbor’s yard with illegal fireworks.  Or, the time I found out that he and his friends were using my RV as a nice little hideout to smoke pot.  Or the countless things that have been destroyed in my garage.

I’m glad to report that he is getting better.  Probably just getting better at not getting caught at stuff, but either way it’s better for my mental health.

-Fu
IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
LadyElaine

Email

« Reply #37 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 8:26pm »

Furbar your story reminded me of one my three girls did.
Heather liked fire, we watched her close cause if she could find a match she would light it. We did everything took her to the fire station, hospitals to see people who had been burned. We thought maybe she had some kind of mental problem. Thank God she did out grow it.

The kids asked if they could stay up and watch TV late one Friday night I said yes. They were ages 4, 5, 7
Buddy and I knew late would be 11:00 maybe 12:00 well he and I sat on the padio and talked and listen to the radio. When we came back in to check on the kids the house smelled like air freshner expecially their room.
They were all fast asleep we thought when we looked in. The tv was off. I did not question the  smell I figured one got a hold of the air freashner and went wild. I kissed them all and went to sleep. All week end they kept their room clean they had bunk beds. I would look in and the room was so clean, beds made. I was so proud. Monday came and I went to clean their rooms and again it was spotless. I decided I needed to wash the bed sheets. I pulled back the blanket on the bottom bunk and there was a hole 2 ft wide burned in the mattress and sheets. It seems Heather set the bed on fire and my oldest daughter put it out. How they did not get burned I don't know. It scarded me to death. The 4 year old that was home with me told all!

You know what I would give anything to go back when those kids were babies again.
IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #38 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 12:20am »

"You know what I would give anything to go back when those kids were babies again."  

You can say that again.

Lee
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2006, 12:24am by forgetful » IP Logged
Cathi04
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #39 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 9:29am »

Oh, Lee...what pain! My heart goes out to you! A needless loss, a hole where there once was someone you loved dearly.
And, how sad that life was over, before anyone really knew there was a crisis.
 My sympathies,  
Cathi

Huh
IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #40 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 10:39am »

When our childern were around 9 and 7, our dog at the time, Buster, was a very laid back 5 year old Border Collie.  Like most Boarders he worked hard to please and would patiently endure just about anything the kids dished out, dress up & etc.    

Border's start out relatively short haired but around 3 or 4 longer curly hair replaces their short hair.    

In any case, after a few hours of unnatural quiet one evening, Michael comes down the stairs and announces that he and his sister gave Buster a makeover.  Immediately following his proud announcement Janessa parades poor Buster down the stairs.

We were horrified - they used safety scissors to cut off  numerous clumps of hair from his head to the tip of his tail.  They then used color safe markers (that they got for making tee-shirts) to re-color all the white patches that you see on Boarder Collies.

It took a few months for the color to wash out/fade and over a year for Buster's hair to grow in evenly.

The only other dredful thing I can rember is when Michael was requried to be a greeter of parents at a grade school function.  It was the second night in a row and he really didn't want to do it because as he put it "the first night was boring".

So to make things interesting he and a friend decided it would be entertaining to poke small holes in the sides of all of the drinking cups they were requied to hand out to parents.  Needless to say the dribble cup epidemic didn't go over very well.

In both cases it was very difficult hold back my giggles but I did manage to do a reasonable job of disciplining them.  

Tom  

IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #41 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 11:58pm »

on Jan 14th, 2006, 2:50am, forgetfulnot wrote:

Lee

I am so very sorry. I have a 26 yr old bipolar daughter who has made several serious attempts.  Most people who do it are bipolar. It may be that your son was undiagnosed, and this was the result of an illness with a high mortality rate. There is nothing anyone can do to stop them. Nothing. That doesn't lessen the pain, though.
IP Logged

Pam

Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #42 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 12:06am »

I was in the shower when I heard this loud pounding on the door. What on earth?

It was a policeman, who was quite sure he had received a 911 call from our phone. There was no mistake. He insisted on coming in and looking around. I was mystified.

I looked doubtfully at Daniel, age 2, and asked "Danny, did you call 911?"

He earnestly shook his head: "I not know how."  Well, I didn't think so.

After the policeman left I kept trying to figure it out.  Finally I asked Daniel, "Danny, were you playing with the phone?"

He nodded. "Yup!"

"Show mommy what you did."

So he goes to the phone and carefully punches in 9-1-1.  

IP Logged

Pam

pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #43 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 12:09am »

on Jan 14th, 2006, 2:50am, forgetfulnot wrote:

Lee

I am so very sorry. I have a 26 yr old bipolar daughter who has made several serious attempts.  Most people who do it are bipolar. It may be that your son was undiagnosed, and this was the result of an illness with a high mortality rate. There is nothing anyone can do to stop them. Nothing. That doesn't lessen the pain, though.
IP Logged

Pam

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss