Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 12:09am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Going to Prague! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Going to Prague!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Going to Prague!  (Read 328 times)
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

Going to Prague!
« on: Jan 11th, 2006, 12:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This spring me and mum are going to visit Prague.  

We're going there for few days in April, which means that for the first time in several years we're actually on the same city (not to mention, country!) on my birthday.

I've heard so many wonderful things about Prague already, so I'm excited about the trip! Smiley And I can master my digi camera better, so I can post pics for you guys sooner.

Best wishes,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Going to Prague!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 12:33pm »

How exciting, Sanna! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.  Smiley
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 1:17pm »

Sounds like fun! Your last trip was to Rome, right? Did you ever post pics? I don't remember seeing them!
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 10:59pm »

Where is Prague.....I'm a geographic flunkie. My niece is goin back to Puru.......she is studying and working and liveing under some sort of Buhda teaching stuff with a group but sounds pretty neat and DIFFERENT. She's into it big time. Enjoy yer vacation...........Mind traveller Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

« Reply #4 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 8:29am »

on Jan 11th, 2006, 1:17pm, marlinsfan wrote:
Sounds like fun! Your last trip was to Rome, right? Did you ever post pics? I don't remember seeing them!

The last time we were in Rome, that's correct. I did post one pic about Trevi fountain. I promise to post more this time. Smiley

Sanna
IP Logged

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 9:15am »

on Jan 11th, 2006, 10:59pm, cootie wrote:
Where is Prague.....I'm a geographic flunkie. My niece is goin back to Puru.......she is studying and working and liveing under some sort of Buhda teaching stuff with a group but sounds pretty neat and DIFFERENT. She's into it big time. Enjoy yer vacation...........Mind traveller Pam

Prague is the capital of the Czech republic, 1/2 of the old Czecoslovakia. They split up into Czech repbulic and Slovakia. It's in Eastern Europe, and one of the most beautiful and fabled cities in the old continent.

Where is PURU?
IP Logged
rickyshot
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

ouch

« Reply #6 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 9:20am »

Sounds beautiful. I have never been to Europe.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 9:25am »

Geez!  
Sandie is going to Prague.
Shaz is going to Morocco.
Hotricky is going to Jamaica.
Cootie's neice is going to someplace called Puru.

Anybody else want to make me feel bad?

Just kidding. Hope ya'll have a wonderful time. And get sunburned.  Grin

All I get to go to is LasfriggnVegas!  Cry
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2006, 9:26am by BobG » IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 11:07am »

Wasn't travel invented in Las Vegas Bob?!  Kiss
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

r_headache
New Board Junior
Germany 

Air Force Rocks!!

« Reply #9 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 12:48pm »

Sandie,
    You are going to have a fantastic time in Prague!!  I have been here in North Germany for about 1.5 years and have asked many of the guys that have been here for more than 4 years (and have traveled ALOT) which city they enjoyed visiting the most.  All of them said Prague, the exchange rate will get you more for your money, the city is one of the only european citys that hasn't been destroyed by some kind of war and is still intact and the people are very friendly.  I have been to Amsterdam, Paris, Rome, Austria, Venice and southern Germany and am dying to add Prague to my list...hopefully soon!  

Congrats and have a great time!
Rick
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 1:31pm »

My best friend's dad was from Prague (he was a naturalized citizen) and I can remember him telling stories of it when I was a kid. If the people are half as great as Mr. P. - well watch out - he was quite the prankster. Loved a good laugh (usually at my expense) and had a great sense of humor. I've been all over Europe but never there. It sounds wonderful and I know you'll have a great time.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

StressFree
New Board Veteran
USA 

James4:8 I'm a moral failure, but there is hope...

« Reply #11 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 2:10pm »

Prague is beautiful. I was able to go for a week during the winter. Quite cold in January! Pepper steak, mutton stew, and great beer were some of the attractions I enjoyed immensely. Not to mention 1200 year old churches, castles, bridges, and statues. Things are cheaper in the small towns all around the city. The people are wonderful too. Many speak pretty good english. Some of the older folks tend to speak German. I wish I could have visited the town of Plzn where pilsner beer was invented. Their pilsner is excellent-very flavorful, not like Bud or Coors here! Have a great time. I've seen some pictures of Czech in the spring, very green there. Rich
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 2:11pm »

My niece lives in Hawaii and has gotten into some different type of lifestyle things......she went to Peru before a year or so ago traveling with some sort of group that teaches and stuidies alot of the ways similar to the Aztec's and Inca's.......hard to explain. They cook certain foods.....totally vegitarians and sorta like Budah religion stuff. I'm not explainin this very well cuz I am not exact on details. She did live in a coven......in the mountains in Hawaii. Almost reminds me of MUNK stuff or similar studies. OK here is a link to Peru that I mispelled originally. They would be visiting the old temples and things. Details avail me Pam

http://www.geographia.com/peru/
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

« Reply #13 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 11:28am »

I'n getting ready to go to Prague already. I bought a book about Prague today. Smiley

Rick & Rich, it was nice to hear your experiences about Prague. All the tips from everyone are welcome, as we have only few days and we want to see as much as possible! Smiley

Best wishes & PF time to all,
Sanna Smiley
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss