Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 11:08pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hillary »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hillary
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hillary  (Read 1127 times)
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

Re: Hillary
« Reply #25 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 12:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Am I'm wrong or isn't the neo cons' dream Democratic candidate Hillary? Surely the Karl Roves would be just as nasty as ever.

I can't imagine her winning unless the GOP ran Rice.  

Is HRC more popular than I think? I just don't get it.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 1:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I don't get it either Charlie, but for other reasons,

Lee
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 6:09am »

But if you look at it a differnt way ...

Let the girls have a go at it (the men sure haven't done such a hot shot job of things!).  

The Arabs would NEVER have an idea of what WE were thinking (for a change) and if they got a clue A WOMAN can change her mind at WILL. That oughta confuse THEM! PMS would certainly scare them (it should scare anyone). Women are good at cleaning up messes. They can organize anything. Congress would have to be polite or the President would send them to their rooms.  

I can just see all kinds of reasons for electing a woman.... Wink

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #28 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 7:45am »

A woman may make a great president - but not this woman.

Lets not forget Hillary's little discretions and scandals. .

Over $200,000 in fraudulent loans - $200,000 from Citizens Bank (now 1st Ozark) to purchase land that would later become famous, and another $20,000 not reported to Citizens from another bank for down payment on the same land.  

Her magic $1,000 investment that she cashed out for $100,000 only a year later while Bill was the Governor.  

Her financial deals with the Madison Guarantee Savings & Loan (bought by her partner in Whitewater who was also Clinton's gubernatorial economic advisor), and 1st Ozark.  Taxpayers got stuck with a $60 million debt when Madison failed – all the while Bill signs a bill that benefits Twin City Bank, the parent of 1st Ozark.    

Whitewater - around which all these shady financial deals were structured and how she so generously sold her interests in Whitewater to her partners for a measly $1,000 when Bill was elected president.  A deal in which Vince Foster represented the Clintons.      

The boxes of Whitewater documents removed from her law firm office when an investigation into the Madison Savings & Loan was initiated.

The White House pressuring Arkansas financial regulator Beverly Bassett Schafer to make a public statement favoring the Clintons in their role in Whitewater and White House meeting notes, suggesting someone go to Arkansas to make sure Schaffer's story was okay "Item by item, make sure her story is okay," "If the effort is botched, we're done."  

The key Whitewater documents disappearing from Vince Foster’s office after his death.    

Vince Foster is dead.  Her partners in the Whitewater and banking scam along with most of the people involved in either the scam or cover up were convicted of fraud or conspiracy and served time but she skated.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg (no pun intended).    

Yeah she’s a real straight shooter.  

Just the type of ethics that we need to see more of in Washington.  

Tom    
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #29 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 8:41am »

on Jan 12th, 2006, 1:54am, forgetfulnot wrote:
Since my last post stirred up such a shit storm, what if Hillary Clinton were to be the next president?

Lee

Ya did good Lee.  Grin    LMAO
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 9:20am »

I'm with Burnt Toast Tom on this one.
I'm all FOR a woman president, just not that one.

I don't know who got suckered into her charms, like her husbands, but she's not a good person.  

She was GIVEN a Senatorship, in a state she'd never lived in.... She's from Illinois.

IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 9:53am »

Quote:
"Good news: Hillary Clinton is coming to New York to be our senator. They're saying now that she bought a house in Westchester. . . . It must have been very traumatic emotionally, because buying a house -- this is probably the first legal real estate deal she's been involved with." -- David Letterman, CBS "Late Show" 6/30/99
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #32 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 10:04am »

Not much different from Silverado back in Daddy Bush's day is it? Never hear much about that prodical son these days. Guess Daddy slapped him on the hand and told him to sin no more.... Notice he doesn't go on the fishing trips with the boys - at least not for the press....

But we were talking about Hillary weren't we.....

Hugs BD
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

Email

« Reply #33 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 7:56pm »

Any alleged financial scheming, tomfoolery or just plain sleaziness by Hillary pales to insignificance when compared to the slippery, legal, illegal, not very legal, nasty, and downright mean and even malevolence when put up against this crowd of bottom feeders.

Years ago the Republican rant was that the IRS would become a political tool. It took Bush & Co. to finally make it so. They use it now to disqualify tax returns of filers they seem to pick out of the air. Which kinds of filers? Those with incomes around $13,000. Their sleazeball CEO pals that do their banking in Aruba, have nothing to worry about.

Republicans have screamed about government incompetence since the beginning of time. It took their being in charge to make it so with FEMA, the incompetent Homeland Security whizzes, and the placement of often the least possible qualified cronies Bush can find in various federal positions.  

Oh yeah. Beat up of Hillary. Everything is her fault.

Charlie
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2006, 8:03pm by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 7:59pm »

Kiss
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

maffumatt

Email

« Reply #35 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 8:09pm »

- The only president ever impeached on grounds of personal malfeasance
- Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates*
- Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
- Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
- Most number of witnesses to die suddenly
- First president sued for sexual harassment.
- First president accused of rape.
- First first lady to come under criminal investigation
- Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign contribution case
- First president to establish a legal defense fund.
- First president to be held in contempt of court
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad
- First president disbarred from the US Supreme Court and a state court

- Number of Starr-Ray investigation convictions or guilty pleas (including one governor, one associate attorney general and two Clinton business partners): 14
- Number of Clinton Cabinet members who came under criminal investigation: 5
- Number of Reagan cabinet members who came under criminal investigation: 4
- Number of top officials jailed in the Teapot Dome Scandal: 3

- Number of individuals and businesses associated with the Clinton machine who have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes: 47
- Number of these convictions during Clinton's presidency: 33
- Number of indictments/misdemeanor charges: 61
- Number of congressional witnesses who have pleaded the Fifth Amendment, fled the country to avoid testifying, or (in the case of foreign witnesses) refused to be interviewed: 122

CLINTON MACHINE CRIMES
FOR WHICH CONVICTIONS
HAVE BEEN OBTAINED

Drug trafficking (3), racketeering, extortion, bribery (4), tax evasion, kickbacks, embezzlement (2), fraud (12), conspiracy (5), fraudulent loans, illegal gifts (1), illegal campaign contributions (5), money laundering (6), perjury, obstruction of justice.
Number of times that Clinton figures who testified in court or before Congress said that they didn't remember, didn't know, or something similar.

Bill Kennedy 116
Harold Ickes 148
Ricki Seidman 160
Bruce Lindsey 161
Bill Burton 191
Mark Gearan 221
Mack McLarty 233
Neil Egglseston 250
Hillary Clinton 250
John Podesta 264
Jennifer O'Connor 343
Dwight Holton 348
Patsy Thomasson 420
Jeff Eller 697
IP Logged
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #36 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 8:10pm »

FROM THE WASHINGTON TIMES: In the portions of President Clinton's Jan. 17 deposition that have been made public in the Paula Jones case, his memory failed him 267 times. This is a list of his answers and how many times he gave each one.

I don't remember - 71
I don't know - 62
I'm not sure - 17
I have no idea - 10
I don't believe so - 9
I don't recall - 8
I don't think so - 8
I don't have any specific recollection - 6
I have no recollection - 4
Not to my knowledge - 4
I just don't remember - 4
I don't believe - 4
I have no specific recollection - 3
I might have - 3
I don't have any recollection of that - 2 I don't have a specific memory - 2
I don't have any memory of that - 2
I just can't say - 2
I have no direct knowledge of that - 2
I don't have any idea - 2
Not that I recall - 2
I don't believe I did - 2
I can't remember - 2
I can't say - 2
I do not remember doing so - 2
Not that I remember - 2
I'm not aware - 1
I honestly don't know - 1
I don't believe that I did - 1
I'm fairly sure - 1
I have no other recollection - 1
I'm not positive - 1
I certainly don't think so - 1
I don't really remember - 1
I would have no way of remembering that - 1
That's what I believe happened - 1
To my knowledge, no - 1
To the best of my knowledge - 1
To the best of my memory - 1
I honestly don't recall - 1
I honestly don't remember - 1
That's all I know - 1
I don't have an independent recollection of that - 1
I don't actually have an independent memory of that - 1
As far as I know - 1
I don't believe I ever did that - 1
That's all I know about that - 1
I'm just not sure - 1
Nothing that I remember - 1
I simply don't know - 1
I would have no idea - 1
I don't know anything about that - 1
I don't have any direct knowledge of that - 1
I just don't know - 1
I really don't know - 1
I can't deny that, I just -- I have no memory of that at all - 1

If these people arent the bottomfeeders I don't know who is.
http://prorev.com/legacy.htm
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2006, 8:11pm by Mattchew » IP Logged
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #37 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 8:26pm »

on Jan 12th, 2006, 10:01am, burnt-toast wrote:
Democrat or Republican - Neither party offers candidates for the House, Senate or President that isn't fully part of the scam.  The game is to just finger point "Across the aisle" until one party has done enough wrong to force voters to choose the other.  When will we select candidates based on things being done right?

Why is it necessary for parties sit on different sides of the room when they are supposed to be representing "The People"?  Oh, They represent their party, not "The People".  I thought "The People" were supposed to be important, my mistake.            

Both parties are too powerful, wealthy and corrupt and its time to reject "party endorsed", "politically connected/indebted" candidates who continue "Politics as Ususal" in Washington and all levels of government.  

As an Independent I no longer vote for party endorsed candidates.  I look for outsiders who are in it to promote positive reform, not "Politics as Usual".  I refuse to vote for the "lesser of two evils".

We won't even need term limits - just stop re-electing the same self-serving representatives over and over again.  Vote with your heart and mind - not a party.

Tom

From an earlier post Charlie.

You're absolutely right, it's not just about Hillary.  The whole system is greedy and corrupt and both parties along with "The People" are to blame.  In this case 90% of our represenatives make the remaining 10% look bad.    

The real question is - when will Americans get off their lazy backsides, do some research and elect representatives for the right reasons?  

Not based on party affiliation, not on what the media wants us to know or the polls show, not on the thin hope that one won't be as bad as the other and not based on the lame "I voted for X because Y didn't have chance to win" method.  

The same crooks from both parties keep getting re-elected and get bolder and more self-serving every day.  When will we stop complaining privately and say "enough"?  When will we demand that our leaders exercise higher standards of integrity by removing the self-serving from office?

Tom      
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

Email

« Reply #38 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 8:46pm »

Quote:
Democrat or Republican - Neither party offers candidates for the House, Senate or President that isn't fully part of the scam.

We love to say this of course but it's kinda like "Do you support the troops?" It kills the topic or debate on whatever brings about the thread.  I have to agree with you on the whole however.

I love the impeachment stuff. What is laughingly called Republican led impeachment, caused one of their own members to resign. Afterward, they spent upwards of 50 million dollars ranting on Bill Clinton, led by the shining example of morality, Tom Delay.

Gut HEAP and Social Security like programs while wasting millions on the fruitless impeachment.  

The Washington Times is the New York Times' counterpart. Rupert Murdock hates anyone not applauding every burble from George Bush.

Charlie  
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2006, 1:23pm by Charlie » IP Logged

burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #39 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 9:45pm »

on Jan 13th, 2006, 8:46pm, Charlie wrote:

We love to say this of course but it's kinda like "Do you support the troops?" It kills the topic or debate on whatever brings about the thread.  I have to agree with you on the whole however.

I love the impeachment stuff. What is laughingly called Republican led impeachment, caused one of their own members to resign. Afterward, they spent upwards of 50 dollars ranting on Bill Clinton, led by the shining example of morality, Tom Delay.

Gut HEAP and Social Security like programs while wasting millions on the fruitless impeachment.  

The Washington Times is the New York Times' counterpart. Rupert Murdock hates anyone not applauding every burble from George Bush.

Charlie  

Saying and doing are two seperate things Charlie.  It's time to clean the House, Senate, and Oval Office of corrupt politicians from both parties.  

The problem is that most have been brainwashed into believing that one party is cleaner than the other.  Or  into believing that one is the party of "The People" and the other isn't.  

The hard fact is - "The People" are being screwed by representatives from both parties.  Since "The People" can be led (misled) like sheep the scam can continue and both parties feed on apathy.

Tom  

IP Logged

forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #40 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 11:51pm »

on Jan 13th, 2006, 7:45am, burnt-toast wrote:
A woman may make a great president - but not this woman.

Lets not forget Hillary's little discretion's and scandals. .

Over $200,000 in fraudulent loans - $200,000 from Citizens Bank (now 1st Ozark) to purchase land that would later become famous, and another $20,000 not reported to Citizens from another bank for down payment on the same land.  

Her magic $1,000 investment that she cashed out for $100,000 only a year later while Bill was the Governor.  

Her financial deals with the Madison Guarantee Savings & Loan (bought by her partner in Whitewater who was also Clinton's gubernatorial economic advisor), and 1st Ozark.  Taxpayers got stuck with a $60 million debt when Madison failed – all the while Bill signs a bill that benefits Twin City Bank, the parent of 1st Ozark.    

Whitewater - around which all these shady financial deals were structured and how she so generously sold her interests in Whitewater to her partners for a measly $1,000 when Bill was elected president.  A deal in which Vince Foster represented the Clintons.      

The boxes of Whitewater documents removed from her law firm office when an investigation into the Madison Savings & Loan was initiated.

The White House pressuring Arkansas financial regulator Beverly Bassett Schafer to make a public statement favoring the Clintons in their role in Whitewater and White House meeting notes, suggesting someone go to Arkansas to make sure Schaffer's story was okay "Item by item, make sure her story is okay," "If the effort is botched, we're done."  

The key Whitewater documents disappearing from Vince Foster’s office after his death.    

Vince Foster is dead.  Her partners in the Whitewater and banking scam along with most of the people involved in either the scam or cover up were convicted of fraud or conspiracy and served time but she skated.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg (no pun intended).    

Yeah she’s a real straight shooter.  

Just the type of ethics that we need to see more of in Washington.  

Tom    

Tom show me one politician without a similar background ,except North Dakota Grin

I'm only 51 but I have never seen a U.S. Senator that didn't retire a millionaire. Where do they earn all these bucks when their working their buts off in Washington?
IP Logged
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #41 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 3:43am »

on Jan 13th, 2006, 11:51pm, forgetfulnot wrote:

Tom show me one politician without a similar background ,except North Dakota Grin

I'm only 51 but I have never seen a U.S. Senator that didn't retire a millionaire. Where do they earn all these bucks when their working their buts off in Washington?

That's a sad point that can't be stressed enough - I can't.

To my understanding all (both Democrats and Republicans) in the U.S. House and Senate are millionaires. Most holding office in state legislatures are already millionaires or will magically soon become millionaires.

Unfortunately before reaching federal office most have accumulated massive political debt and have accepted corporate/special interest sponsorship.  The fact is - legislative decisions are bought and sold.

There's little accountability and virtually no valid oversight into these backroom deals.  The only time legislator's get hurt is is when the get so greedy and bold that their indescretions can no longer be ignored or they piss off the wrong people in one of the parties.  

When they get caught with their hands in the cookie jar, they do little or no time and usually just skate off to work as high paid lobbiests for one of their former sponsors.

As I said previously...

It's time to clean the House, Senate, and Oval Office of corrupt politicians from both parties.    

The problem is that most have been brainwashed into believing that one party is cleaner than the other. Or  into believing that one is the party of "The People" and the other isn't.    

The hard fact is - "The People" are being screwed by representatives from both parties.  Since "The People" can be led (misled) like sheep the scam can continue and both parties feed on apathy.

Tom          

« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2006, 3:45am by burnt-toast » IP Logged

AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #42 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 4:11am »

democracy -n.   government of the people, by the people, for the people, by duly elected representatives working purely in the people's interest.  (see also:  garden, fairies at the bottom of).
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #43 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 4:34am »

on Jan 14th, 2006, 4:11am, AussieBrian wrote:
democracy -n.   government of the people, by the people, for the people, by duly elected representatives working purely in the people's interest.  (see also:  garden, fairies at the bottom of).

I like it!

But be careful because you've just insulted Garden Fairies and they are much more numerous than ethical, hard working represenatatives of "The People".   Grin

Tom    
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2006, 4:35am by burnt-toast » IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #44 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 7:23am »

The sad part is we're raising a generation of kids who aren't even learning to read and write so how can they "judge" anything? When you go to McDonald's the kid that waits on you can't even count your change back to you. They don't know HOW! Yet we're graduating them from our schools and putting them out in the world.

This country was founded on "Mom and Pop" businesses and "family" trades, yet today BIG BUSINESS is the only way to go. Service is a thing of the past. Courtesy is a thing of the past in most stores. What else would we expect of our "elected" officials. No one cares anymore. They've told us for so long "what's good for us" that we've begun to believe it.  

Personally I can't see much difference between the parties in Washington. They're a bunch of baffoons who like to hear themselves talk and not get anything done while all the time trying to say they're doing it for the "people". BS!  

But then there's the money issue. When politicians spend millions of dollars to get releelected so they can make millions more - there's just something wrong with the picture. The independents just don't have a chance - they don't have the bucks to do it. And the "people" just don't care.  

Nothing is going to change until we get the "career" politicians OUT and get some "grass roots" people in and clean up the mess we've let accumulate over the years. But that will be up to the people. It's going to have to start on the local levels and work it's way up to DC. And the career politicians are not going to go easy. They've had it too good for too long.  

But to do this the "people" will have to get involved and get off their rears, get out and do something and they're just not willing to put out the effort (at least most are not). Most people I've had dealings with are even "afraid" to write their congressman - why is a mystery to me, but they are. How the hell will the jerk know what you're wanting him/her to do if you don't TELL them? When are the "people" going to get it thru their heads that these people WORK for US?  

Oh well.......

Hugs BD
IP Logged

vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #45 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 9:06am »

one of the guys they caught recently had $90,000 in his freezer....
Rep. William J. Jefferson (D-La.)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/11/AR200601 1102282.html

this one from the Democrap side of the aisle...

(that's William J. Jefferson, not William Jefferson Clinton, btw  Grin)
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

Email

« Reply #46 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 3:06pm »

Quote:
To my understanding all (both Democrats and Republicans) in the U.S. House and Senate are millionaires. Most holding office in state legislatures are already millionaires or will magically soon become millionaires

I pretty much agree with you Tom. There are too many of these characters that are, or become very rich, as well as get perks that make me want to storm the now pretty much inaccessible to you and me, without big wad of cash, sacred, halls of Congress leading to their counting room offices. I'd like their kind of retirement and health care too. They think that what's good for them, is bad for us.

The Republicans, especially, made a lot out of cleaning up Congress and our overstuffed bureaucracy. To them, big government is always an evil element in their perfect, pious, squeaky clean, society. It took their being in control to enlarge and create new government agencies at unheard of spending levels,  mostly to keep track of Americans at their keyboards and purchases at Waldens, in order to fight terrorists “over there rather than here.” Congress has yet to find its testicles when it comes to clamping down on these creepy voyeuristic intruders in our midst. Shame on these silly old men and women.

Maybe it’s time for something new but successful third parties have a helluva time getting anywhere because they have to jump through hoops to get things started since these guys own all the hotels on Boardwalk and Park Place.  

Charlie
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss