Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 8:58am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Tomorrow begins a phase... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Tomorrow begins a phase...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Tomorrow begins a phase...  (Read 290 times)
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Tomorrow begins a phase...
« on: Jan 15th, 2006, 6:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Saturday I was at my old office for what may very wel be the last time.  I packed up my desk into two boxes, all my important files, work in progress, radio, and coffee cups, and dropped them off at the new satalite office.  Friday I was handed my set of keys for this new office, and there is work space for 5 people, and one office with a desk for Marcy when she comes in.  There is so little there to actually begin work.  No calculators.  No file cabnets but for two drawers at each desk.  No paper for the copy machine or the fax machine, No master copies of any of the forms we need on a daily basis, not a place to store them once we do get them.  

The phones themselves are very antiquated, but I've been assured that are compatible with the high tech ones at the old office and there will be direct lines into each phone for call transferes.  I don't know how this is all going to work but they put some good money into the work stations.  There is no place to warm up a lunch, nor to keep one cold for that matter.  

The near two hour a day commute is over, and it will be a nice savings when I fill my gas tank once every two weeks rather than 2-3 times a week.  That alone is a good thing.  But without all the supplies we need, I'm afraid there is no way to conduct business efficiently.  I hope to leave a message for Marcy first thing in the morning and let her know we will need those forms ASAP. I don't even know the phone numbers of this new office.  

Anyway, wish me and the two new hires luck, that we can make this new office produce even with a lack of supplies.  

"Success is my only M-F option....failure is not." E&E
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
chewy

Email

Re: Tomorrow begins a phase...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 6:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

They are probably looking to you to bring the place up to speed.
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 6:47pm »

Sounds like it'll be a good place for you when things get started.  Seems they'd be aware of the office supplies needed to be productive.   Maybe mentioning some cash for these expenses could be brought to their attention, with a whisper of a small refrigerator and microwave too.   Wink  Hope that works out or else BYOStickynotes
  Anyway, more freedom for you and with a lot of work to get it going while training newbies a bit and this'll be  the convenience you've worked for a long time, Pegg.  

Best to you and good luck.

IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 6:59pm »

It just dawned on me too...my paycheck ....It's going to be at the Wausau office in the morning.  Ask Marcy to bring that to me too I suppose.   Undecided
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 8:57pm »

Damn candlestick telephones are a pain.  

At least you have a rolltop desk I hope.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 3:47am »

Good luck in your new office Pegg, I hope this is the start of MANY good things this year for you  Kiss
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #6 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 4:26am »

on Jan 16th, 2006, 3:47am, LeLimey wrote:
Good luck in your new office Pegg, I hope this is the start of MANY good things this year for you  Kiss

Ditto!  Wink

Langa
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #7 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 5:41am »

Pegg,

good luck! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Wishes,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

imnotbub
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 10:21am »

It just dawned on me too...my paycheck ....It's going to be at the Wausau office in the morning.

Direct deposit is a beautiful thing.
IP Logged

Life may not be good, but I think it beats the alternative, and if it doesn't, we'll find out soon enough
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 10:26pm »

Nice, Pegg!  Those times are always fun.  
Boy, you are lucky you dont have a 2 hour commute every freakin day anymore....what on earth are you gonna do with all that free time?   Roll Eyes
PF wishes
BMonee
IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss