Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 12:15pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New to the board »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New to the board
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New to the board  (Read 375 times)
upnover
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

New to the board
« on: Jan 18th, 2006, 1:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hope this is the place to post this?
Well I'm new here but have been a CH for almost 14 yrs
I have already gotten great info here and look forward to getting more. Currently I'm in my 2nd cycle since early Nov. I did a pred taper and it broke the first cycle but since the new year I'm in a new cycle.. now I'm on o2 . I know I just have to deal but it's nice to have a forum to help with the monster. and where I can I'll give the same.

Tom
IP Logged

Tom
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Re: New to the board
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 1:10pm »

Hi Tom glad you found us... sorry you have CH... stick around you have found the best Cluster family on the planet.  You will both laugh and cry while getting the best support.  My hubby has CH about 20+ years also.  We also have a supporter board for your family. Again Welcome.  I'm sure the others will chime in shortly... God bless Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 1:17pm »

Welcome aboard, Tom! Smiley

I'm so sorry that you have CH. But it's wonderful that you've found us. Here you'll get lots of advice and support, always. Smiley
I'm a cronic, but my CH went into remission in April.

Best wishes & PF days,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #3 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 1:22pm »

Welcome Tom and sorry you had to find us. This family put the dis in disfunctional.  Grin laugh
Seriously we are here for ourselves and all the others, and any time there are questions or you just want to add advice here we are. We may argue and disagree but we still care the world for each other and will help when we can.  

Mike  
Goat
Ghost  
or whatever you want to call me, just not King or Mule!

laugh laugh laugh Grin Grin Grin Grin Wink
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 1:24pm »

Welcome, Tom!

If you have to have what's been said to be the most painful condition known to man...well, then...this is the place to be!  This is a wonderful family full of sufferers, supporters, and all of us working to support one another!  Smiley

I'm 25 and have had CH since November 2003...I'm a chronic clusterhead.

Read lots and lots and lots (esp. links to the left) and let us know more about you!

Take care,
Carrie Smiley
IP Logged

upnover
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 2:13pm »

Thanks for all the support  
well i just saw the "getting to know you"area in the forum so if this moves thanks (mod)..

Me I'm just looking for a cure laugh

IP Logged

Tom
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 2:17pm »

Welcome to Clusterville. For some of us, it's our home away from home. Most of us come here everyday just to see what our "family" is up to. It's a place to vent, whine, cry, get advice or just pick on someone. We can laugh at our condition (but will HURT anyone else who does it!). We get to know each other too well, because only another CHer can understand what one is going thru.  

Pull up a rocking chair and sit a spell. Read everything. There's years of advice, what's worked and what's not worked for most and a lot of "remedies" that are hillarious (and most of the time just time killers).  

You might find someone in your area who you can meet in person (that's an experience you NEVER want to miss). I've met literally hundreds of Chers over the years and haven't encountered an axe-murderer yet (although the jury is still out on a few ding bats).  

Never be afraid to ask questions - the only dumb questions are the ones you don't ask. Someone has probably experienced the problem you have and will be glad to give you his/her experienced opinion (which you can take or leave - your choice).  

Anyhow, again, welcome to this disfunctional family. Hope you're out of cycle soon and can start helping those who are not.

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #7 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 2:19pm »

on Jan 18th, 2006, 2:13pm, upnover wrote:
Thanks for all the support  
well i just saw the "getting to know you"area in the forum so if this moves thanks (mod)..

Me I'm just looking for a cure laugh

Me too Grin  laugh
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
minnie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

my greatest joys are my daughters April & Beth

MSNMSGR-me.minnie.7053@hotmail  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 3:59pm »

Welcome to the board and CH family.Sorry your getting hit but the people here know what you and your loved ones are going through.As Ree said theres a board for supporters but we also hang out here on the main board.lots of great advice and when you think your at the end of your rope tie a knot and head here.
two sites to check out are
http://www.ouch-us.org/
organization for understanding cluster headaches
 and
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/chat/
  the chat room normally has people in after ten pm EST.
if no ones there sign in and someone should sign up.You can talk about headches or anything there.Most clusterhead have insomnia so chat can run late so you don't feel alone at night.
  Take care,
   Minnie
IP Logged

Friends are Angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 4:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

alot of really nice people here who really care, stick around..........
IP Logged
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #10 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 4:06pm »

Welcome Tom.  

You have found a place where people actually understand and won't tell you to go to a dark quiet room when you have your headaches.  Grin

This area is where we usually hang out and shoot the breeze about nothing in particular. There is a another are that is CH specific and other areas for medication discussions and other topics.

Hang around and look the place over and welcome home.

Pat
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 5:05pm »

on Jan 18th, 2006, 4:06pm, ExplodingEyeBall wrote:
Hang around and look the place over

Yeah, but keep your hands in your pockets for the next few hours until we can check you out with the FBI Grin

Welcome aboard, Tom!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 5:11pm »

Disneyland has nothing on us, welcome to the happiest place on earth!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 5:51pm »

Happy to meet you Tom but sorry you have to deal with this horror. You'll find lots of good ideas here hidden and lots and lots of lunacy.

Here is something to try. It may sound nuts but it worked for me:

Dr. Wright’s Circulatory Technique:

I am not sure what mechanism is triggered by this but whatever it is, at least indirectly helps kill the pain. I do know that this technique has nothing to do with meditation, relaxation, or psychic ability. It is entirely physical and takes some work. It involves concentrating on trying to redirect a little circulation to the arms, hands, or legs. It can described as a conscious circulatory flexing. Increased circulation will result in a reddening and warming of the hands. Try to think of it as filling your hands with redirected blood. The important and difficult part is that it has to be done without interruption through the pain. Do not give up in frustration. It may not work on the first try. Every now and then it will work almost immediately. I lived for those moments. Try experimenting between attacks. You will find that it gets easier with practice.

I was given less than five minutes instruction in the use of method. The doctor, while placing his arm on his desk, showed me that he could slightly increase his arm and hand circulation. After several attempts, I was able to repeat this procedure and use it successfully. I have had about a 75% success rate shortening these attacks. My 20 minute attacks were often reduced to 10 minutes or less. Once proven that I had a chance to effectively deal with this horror, I always gave it a try as I had nothing to lose but pain.

Perhaps it will help if you think of it as trying to fill the arm as if it is were an empty vessel. I used to try to imagine I was pushing blood away from my head into my arm. Use your imagination. There is one man who wrote that his standing barefoot on a concrete floor shortened his attacks. This may be similar as it draws some circulation away from the head. Cold water, exercise, or anything affecting circulation, seems to be worth a try. My suggestion is to not let up immediately when the pain goes. Waiting a minute is probably a good idea. So long as you do not slack off, this has a chance of working.

This technique is very useful while waiting for medication to take effect or when none is available. It costs nothing, is non-invasive, and can be used just about anywhere. It is not a miracle but it helped me deal with this horror. It can be a bit exhausting but the success rate was good enough for me and a cluster headache sufferer will do just about anything to end the pain. It gives us a fighting chance.  

Charlie  

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 4:39pm »

Hey Tom. Welcome aboard!!!! You have come to the right place--everyone is very helpful.
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 5:01pm »

Too many Tom's. Move along, pal. Awe, shizzlenuts. Welcome to da family.
TomM
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 7:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Sorry to have to be here, but welcome to the fold!

Peace,
Carl D
IP Logged
PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Someone I am is waiting for my courage.

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 7:59am »

on Jan 18th, 2006, 5:05pm, Jonny wrote:

Yeah, but keep your hands in your pockets for the next few hours until we can check you out with the FBI Grin

Welcome aboard, Tom!

I thought someone was supposed to lock the door! Who let that guy in???  Wink

Hi Tom, and welcome. Glad you found us, but sad you had to. Looking for a cure? We all are, our new friend, but while we wait and look and hope and try, we have each other. Sometimes this may be quite literally a lifeline, sometimes we just hang out. But we are all always here for each other...and that now includes you.

I am 20 years episodic, out of cycle since the 2nd week of December (woohoo!!!). Anything we can do for ya, just let someone know, k?

Peace and pain-free (pf) wishes to you,
Jen

IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

"If I don't remember it happening, it never happened. Wink " - Tori
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss