Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 7:30pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Any Steve's here from.... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Any Steve's here from....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Any Steve's here from....  (Read 1337 times)
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

Re: Any Steve's here from....
« Reply #25 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 9:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 8th, 2006, 9:29pm, empath wrote:
*sigh*This is pathetic.  My doctor suggested I find a support group years ago, and instead I find an angry mob ready to stone someone for NO REASON.   

Maybe you should go back to that doctor and tell him/her that you dont have CH and you should not be on this website......No?
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #26 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 10:37pm »

This is pathetic.  My doctor suggested I find a support group years ago, and instead I find an angry mob ready to stone someone for NO REASON.  

That is effen priceless. Listen, I may not be an empath, but it's obvious who you are. Looks like you can dish it out but can't take it, huh?
You carry on about these people (people you work with, no less...you actually have a relationship with them) like a total bitch, and we make fun of you and you're offended? Gimme a break! Listen... I think your real problem is called Narcissistic personality disorder. Find an online support group for that... and y'all can make fun of and bitch about the rest of the word...cause you know...it is all about you, isn't it?  Tongue
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
empath
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #27 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 10:46pm »

Tell you what...anyone actually willing to have an informed, intelligent discussion, I'll be waiting.
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 10:46pm »

Grin...Nani went off....now we know shes still alive.

Rock on baby!!!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 10:48pm »

on Dec 8th, 2006, 10:46pm, empath wrote:
Tell you what...anyone actually willing to have an informed, intelligent discussion, I'll be waiting.  

About cluster headaches?

Your unarmed ....sorry, we dont play that  Wink
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

empath
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #30 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 10:50pm »

Hi, I'm a guy, and a 34 year old print press operator at that...  Not a girl who dresses as a (pirate)?  Is there an adult here I can speak to?

IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 10:58pm »

LMMFAO....A pants presser with migraines.....LOL Grin
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

empath
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #32 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 11:05pm »

I find your quotes ironic, Jonny.  Have you ever read your own quotes?  Do you even understand their meaning?  And what exactly do YOU do for a living that allows you to look down on my job?  

Nani, you seem to be confused....what exactly are you talking about?  I never made fun of any of you.  I was just playing devil's advocate here, since none of you actually spoke to this girl, and are just going on heresay.  I try to make informed decisions rather than letting people make them for me.
IP Logged
Jimi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Who loves ya baby!

Hendrix1473  
WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 11:23pm »

Quote:
I was just playing devil's advocate here,

The problem is...nobody believes you. You come on within 30 minutes of Woobies post and jump on everyone with your first post. And now you make it worse by saying you are a man. My advise to you, if we have all just misunderstood you, is to delete your user name and come back in under another, because no one is gonna believe a thing you say from this point on.  And you are sooo pissed that Woobie called you out that you tracked her here. Nani is right. It's all about you. Now go stew in your anger somewhere else. Angry
IP Logged

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life like a froward child must be humored a little

Email

« Reply #34 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 11:56pm »

on Dec 8th, 2006, 11:05pm, empath wrote:
I find your quotes ironic, Jonny.  Have you ever read your own quotes?  Do you even understand their meaning?  And what exactly do YOU do for a living that allows you to look down on my job?  

Nani, you seem to be confused....what exactly are you talking about?  I never made fun of any of you.  I was just playing devil's advocate here, since none of you actually spoke to this girl, and are just going on heresay.  I try to make informed decisions rather than letting people make them for me.  

Why did you choose this post to reply to?  How long have you been a member of this "support group" your doctor reccommended but yet didn't post at all.  

Honestly, how do you get support from a support group without joining the group.  Lurking is not joining.

Honestly, if you don't know what Jonny does for a living, you probably haven't spent much time around here although you imply you have.

Be honest.  You joined today.  You know nothing about anyone here and either you are the girl who posted the blog or you are a friend of her's defending your friend.  Either way, be honest about who you are and why you are here.

Now, can we support you in any way with your CH?  How long have you had it?   If your Dr thought you needed a support group, why not get that support.
IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #35 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 11:59pm »

on Dec 7th, 2006, 10:37pm, georgej wrote:

Coppertops are lots of fun to be around, but you have to watch out they don't stick a fork in your head.  

*sigh*

This is pathetic.  My doctor suggested I find a support group years ago, and instead I find an angry mob ready to stone someone for NO REASON.  

IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #36 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 1:46am »

Look empath....funny your nickname is 180 degrees from the "person" that posted on that blog. She had NO empathy for her co-worker. None.

We support cluster sufferers whereever we find them, even if they don't know they are being supported. Workplace discrimination and poor treatment is a huge problem for cluster sufferers and the person posting that blog....is a perfect example of this.  
If the pirate shoe fits...wear it.

Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #37 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 9:21am »

oh cheese n RICE already Roll Eyes

for those who missed the blog - lemme update you a little bit.

She said that this "weird" coworker (Steve) has clusterheadaches and keeps oxygen in his car. Then asked  --- how stupid THAT was because he smokes like a chimney... and he's just cancelling out all the effects of the oxygen by smoking.  DUH..  if he quit smoking, he wouldn't have any headaches.... DUH.  

Then goes on to say that he's WEIRD because he doesnt EAT with them at lunch - he stays in his spot and works.
#1 - WHY would he want to eat with people who obviously dont like him.....and JUDGE him.
#2 - how is he LAZY if he's working thru lunch every day??

she also says in her blog that she "probably has clusters too".   And how she has a headache alllllll day and Dave's loud talking (the OTHER lazy co-worker) gets on her nerves.   See - dave and steve talk all the time - a lot - and apparently - too loudly for her - because she has a headache.  
also - he breathes thru his mouth too loudly when he has headphones on and that annoys her to NO end.  
Good GOD the woman is CRANKY ----

sound like clusters???  NO.   Daily chronic headache, maybe - tension - maybe - not clusters.

so - me -with NO sleep and very cranky reads this .. and explained to her (as nicely as i could at the time), that the oxygen is not FOR BREATHING - it's for aborting a headache.   (DUH!)........ (and hindsight being 20/20 - i should have explained how oxygen dialates the blood vessels.... but i forgot.)

anyhow  --- i also told her she didnt have clusters.
and i also told her that if she would stoop to TALKING to steve to find out about his clusters and Why he uses oxygen - maybe she would understand him... and wouldn't JUDGE too harshly.  BUt no - she would rather sit back and pass judgement and bitch about him behind his back..

i also told her that she should respect him atleast for the pain he goes thru - cuz she'll never know that kind of pain.  ( or something like that)

well ... i hate people like that
so i told her so Undecided

then she messages me back asking WHO am I to intrude on HER blog - and to leave her alone (whaaaaaaaaaaaaa). Cry    

so that's what happened.

oh - and seasonalboomer - you said ...  
Quote:
if i worked with a clusterhead who failed to make his coworkers understand his condition i'd probably have the same opinion.

well, i seriously doubt that he was given a chance to explain anything to this broad.   I bet she's never taken any time to talk to the guy at all.  

she seriously seems like a cranky - judgemental - high and mighty bizatch!

and I still think "empath" is her.  I could be wrong - but I dont think so. Wink

maybe Dj should check the IP address and see if it comes from Minnesota - or CHicago.  (just for fun!)

so - that's what happened.  Sorry for the ruckus it caused... (but it WAS kinda entertaining for a bit!)

woobie was cranky and opened her mouth when I shudda just went to bed.    
but.........
ITS ALL PINK"S FAULT!  HE STARTED IT!!!
 laugh laugh

Anywho - i'm done with her.......she's an idiot.

smooches........
woobs Kiss

PS - and WHO is this Steve???  anyone here??
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #38 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 9:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
I usually just lurk here

Then do what you do best and step away from the keyboard.
IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #39 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 1:34pm »

on Dec 9th, 2006, 9:21am, Woobie wrote:
ITS ALL PINK"S FAULT!  HE STARTED IT!!!

Hey, all I did was lead you to the water.....you drank it!!
 laugh

sorry to get you into this woobs....but I felt the same way you did...just didn't feel like signing up to get a myspace account at the moment to respond.

The poor guy probably doesn't want to take a break and relax at lunch for fear of triggering a cluster. Gets blasted for working too hard, and not hard enough. Oh well.  
Good job woobs and thanks for drinking from the well. Never know how man people it may help in the future there.

It never hurts to spread the truth about clusters, especially to those that don't want to hear it.

I get google alerts on "cluster headaches" and blogs pop up all the time mentioning clusters. Most of the time it's people wondering if they have them or what they can do. Most times I'll send people here.  
This one just hit a raw nerve.

Say hi to the resident arteeest.
Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
CynthiaB
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #40 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 3:16pm »

I don't know you woobs, but I refuse to accept your apology. Save it for a time when it's needed. Don't waste it on this bigmouthed oversized fairy.  

Smooches right back at you  Kiss

And George....how do you always come up with just the right image?  

I'm not even going to say a word about the empath. I believe my feelings about f*cking fakers are known. Angry
IP Logged
DJ
CH.com Administrator
USA 

Got Sleep?

« Reply #41 on: Dec 10th, 2006, 12:41pm »

on Dec 8th, 2006, 11:58am, empath wrote:
I read her blog before she locked it.  She just happened to mention that the guy smoked and was on oxygen at the same time, which apparently she found ironic.  She said nothing to put him down about CH.  How do we know she doesn't have CH?  We don't. Her blog was simply a rant about her lazy co-workers.  Like millions of other people, she chose writing as a release rather than actual violence.  Just because the guy has CH doesn't get him off the hook for being lazy or incompetent, either.

For people who supposedly have so much understanding through suffering, you all sure are acting like narrow-minded fools... Huh

I usually just lurk here, but I can't stand the hipocracy I'm reading.  So, are you going to bash me too for simply thinking something through before opening my mouth and acting like a bunch of school children, or did I make the right decision to be a part of this community?

This is a perfect example of how to start off on the wrong foot on the message board.

Obviously, the "new visitors" page was completely skipped over.

Sorry, I have no empath for you...

Wink
IP Logged

I NEVER could have imagined! (April 11th, 1998 - present)

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it.
BB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
Mongolia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #42 on: Dec 10th, 2006, 10:24pm »

Empath,  

You said  

on Dec 8th, 2006, 11:58am, empath wrote:
I read her blog before she locked it.

Then you wrote  

Quote:
I don't really remember exactly what she posted since she locked it, so I wasn't quoting her directly, just generalizing.

And then

Quote:

Plus you said you are not her, you are a guy, you dont know her, and you are a CH sufferer who has been lurking here for a while to "get some support " as your doctor suggested it.  

So correct me if I am wrong, you are a clusterhead, you have been lurking here for a while for support, although you never bothered to register and join in and post.  

If you had lurked for a while you must have got some benefit out of the board, but you never bothered to post to offer some support back to your fellow sufferers ? yet you felt the sudden urge to register and post against Woobie 30 mins after she called on to someone you dont know, to  discuss a blog you read briefly and now cant remember much of .....?? Do you really expect us to buy that ??  Roll Eyes

How can we have an informed, intelligent discussion with someone who cant remember much and is just generalising ?  laugh

Furthermore

Quote:
How do we know she doesn't have CH?  We don't. Her blog was simply a rant about her lazy co-workers.  Like millions of other people, she chose writing as a release rather than actual violence.  Just because the guy has CH doesn't get him off the hook for being lazy or incompetent, either.

First of all she obviously doesnt have CH. We know because the symptoms she talked about were not of CH. If you are truly a clusterhead, you would know immediately what she said about CH and smoking and oxygen were ( excuse my French ) bullsh*t ! If she has suffered the tremendous pain of CH just once she would never open her mouth and call another sufferer who is holding down a job lazy! Secondly if you are not her, how do you know she uses writing as a release ? How do you know she could be violent ? Or are you generalising again? Very well informed and well thought out argument you said ? NOT !

Finally, since you have registered now and decided to post, why dont we try to have an informed and intelligent discussion about your CH and the medication you are taking? How long have you had CH? What did your MRI say? What medication have you taken? Can you please describe what are your attacks like?

Unless you can answer the above questions, I reserve the right to doubt who you are and why you posted.

Sincerely

Annette

IP Logged
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #43 on: Dec 11th, 2006, 7:57am »

crackup crackup crackup

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss