Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 11:13pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « It's a Wonderful Life...A tue story. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   It's a Wonderful Life...A tue story.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: It's a Wonderful Life...A tue story.  (Read 421 times)
syzygy9
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

It's a Wonderful Life...A tue story.
« on: Dec 9th, 2006, 12:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So it’s 1:30 am Saturday December 9th. I’m out driving because I’m going through this divorce thing and staying at home is not always possible and my son is asleep so there is no reason for me to hang around there. I’m in my old stopping grounds of N.E. Mpls and I feel it starting. I’m too far from anyone I know so I pull over and park and walk in the park because I figure the cool winter air will help. It does along with a full dose of Trex.
I get back in my truck freezing and shaking from the cold and the medication and start to head for downtown. I figure I’ll cut through and take the freeway back home.  

Not too long and I feel him again. “Fuck! Rebound hit.” I head to HCMC the closest hospital for some 02. (I’m over my Trex limit for the day already). I park on the street and walk a few blocks to the ER. I get in line basically and try to hold it together. Being this wonderful system of medicine that we have the staff has no idea what Cluster Headaches are and have me wait in the waiting room. If you suffer from CH then you can see how this is going to play out.

I pace my feet off and walk out side to smoke and cool off. (My body temp is sky high at this point). Some hospital staff member tells me I can’t smoke there. “Fine!” I yell back at her and flick my but in her direction and stomp back to the desk. “Look just brings me a fucking tank here and I suck on the hose in the waiting room!” Well she was in no mood to listen to some long hair obviously street trash punk telling her job so she calls for backup. So no I’m at about a kip 9 and the police are talking with her. One of them asks me to please sit down. “I can’t not a very nice person!” I reply. “Sir please just stand over here then and we will get you what you need.”  

By this point I’m the center of attention in the waiting room. (Ya, just what I fucking need). BAM! I’m now at a kip 10 and cowering in a little ball in the corner rocking back and forth not responding to anyone. I hear allot of yelling back and forth between the hospital staff, police and others in the waiting room. Suddenly I hear a woman’s voice and an arm around my back. “Honey I can see that you are in allot of pain. Will oxygen help stop that sooner? I nod my head with out looking at her. Now I have o2 (with the correct mask might I add). And she takes care of me. Asks for ice and water and walks me over to a less crowded area. The whole time I’m sucking o2 I feel her hand rubbing my back speaking to me like a mother to a baby that is crying. “Do you know what is wrong?” somebody asks her. “Ya I think I have an idea. “Sweetie? Do you suffer from cluster headaches?” I try to respond but to my surprise find my self quietly repeating over and over to myself “I just want to die, please let me die”. Then finally I nod my head. “Is it getting better yet?” “Yes I think it’s coming down” “I tell her. “I’ll be right back sweetie just stay here.”

“What the hell is wrong with everyone here? He is in horrible pain and comes here for help and you give HIM a hard time? Jesus Christ he would have been better outside on the street!” The whole time I’m staring at the floor to ashamed to look up. “Are we back on earth now?” She asks with a little laugh in her voice. “Ya” I respond. “How about that smoke now?” “Please” I said.

We stood out side and I smoked staring at the ground and she never said a word. I finally noticed that she was in a police uniform. “Are you good to go now?” “Ya I’m parked just down the street” I said “Just go then you need to get home and sleep.” She gives me a big hug and I start back to my truck. As I’m walking away I hear somebody telling her that I need to fill out some forms. “Don’t bother you won’t see his ass anywhere near this hospital again!”
IP Logged

America, land of the safe, home of the intimidated.
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: It's a Wonderful Life...A tue story.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 2:44pm »

Somewhere, somehow, the message is getting out and this officer was on the ball.

What started out as a usual f*ck up of a hospital visit ended up in releif for you and an education for many.  I'm certain after you left that fine officer Lady gave an earfull to everyone not only about CH but about being jackazzes to boot.

I'm sorry you had to go through it, but I think alot was learned.

I want to thank the officer for having been in the right place at the right time.

Luv you John!

Pegg
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
kimmiedawn81
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stuck in the middle with you!

kimmiedawn8199   kimmiedawn21

« Reply #2 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 3:34pm »

Thank goodness for the police officer!  Glad you finally got some relief.
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 6:06pm »

We just need to carry a card with INSTRUCTIONS on it for ER personnel (if they can read). With all the machines and stuff they've got now, they've forgotten the basics of "care".  

Now back in Granny's day.... you went to ER - it was and EMERGENCY and you didn't have to fill out forms and wait 8-10 hours to get help. They figured you needed HELP right now and you got it.  

The more modern we get the more we go backwards....

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 6:10pm »

on Dec 9th, 2006, 6:06pm, BarbaraD wrote:
We just need to carry a card with INSTRUCTIONS on it for ER personnel

Just for the record....I can talk with a Kip 10, it may be loud, but I can tell you what I want!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

BB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
Mongolia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 6:18pm »

My husband can never talk with a Kip 9 or 10 and I never yell but I can knock people out of my way to grab the oxygen for him ...  

Annette
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 11:33pm »

The human touch. It's rare today.

I'm happy for you that you found a human.  Undecided I can imagine what might have happened without her.

Hang on.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Dec 10th, 2006, 12:58am »

I'm sure most of us can relate well to this story.

It just so happens that I was down at HCMC for a friend and left earlier that evening.  Wish I was there to help out.

I know a person who works in emergency at HCMC as well and will relay this story to her. Maybe it will make the rounds at the hospital and do some good.

You are not suffering alone my friend.
IP Logged

MJ
jon019

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 10th, 2006, 3:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi syzygy9,

Thanks for sharing that. Many here can relate partly similar stories with sad results.

I will remember this.

Best,

Jon
IP Logged
Maffumatt

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 10th, 2006, 7:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Amazing what a little understanding can accomplish, and a small act of kindness too.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #10 on: Dec 10th, 2006, 11:30pm »

Sorry you're going through some rough times, John. Funny, every now and then an angel shows up to remind us that things will be OK.
hugs and love, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 11th, 2006, 12:11am »

I loved that story... thanks for sharing it... It makes me happy to know that some members of law enforcement know about clusters.   You can rest assured that my son Sean knows allllllll about clusters living with Dave for the 10 or 12 years before becoming a Marine and now a police officer.  Sean was appointed to our home town PD on Dec 6th... proud mom here.....  

love ree

ps prayers all around....
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss