Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 7:46am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Well, I've been ID Theived! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Well, I've been ID Theived!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Well, I've been ID Theived!  (Read 547 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Well, I've been ID Theived!
« on: Dec 14th, 2006, 6:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Went on line to pay my credit card this month and lo and behold - I've been to England and Ireland and bought stuff there, as well as Romantic Planet just to mention a few. Well, when I called the nice people at the credit card company, they told me they had just gotten wind of it and were closing out my card and issuing me another one. Now I've got an ordeal to go thru changing all my accounts that I pay by credit card... Oh joy!  

So far my bank account is in tact, but now I'm getting a little paranoid. I've got insurance against this so I'll get credit for the charges, but it's scarey to think someone got it in the first place. What's the world coming to?

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Maffumatt

Email

Re: Well, I've been ID Theived!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14th, 2006, 6:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

If they bought plane tickets, you should be able to find out who they are.................it wasn't me I swear.........I didn't go to Ireland.
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14th, 2006, 6:50pm »

Happened to me too a while back Barb.  I had no clue that someone had taken a credit card out in my name and SS# untill I found the delinquent balance on my credit report a couple years ago.  8K in credit card debt I had no idea was out there.  Took just under 2 years to get it cleared up, but was well worth the effort.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 14th, 2006, 7:07pm »

It was Chewy.
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Paul98

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14th, 2006, 7:18pm »

Barb-

You should check your credit report with the various credit reporters (TWR etc.) to be sure the theft is limited to the one card.

Sorry you have to go through this.

-P.
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 14th, 2006, 7:21pm »

Check with Trans Union Exqufax  and Experian...the three major ones.  If you find anything funny let me know.  I've worked in the credit field for a few years and know what you'll need to do to get a few things straight.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
chewy

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 14th, 2006, 7:43pm »

Sure you didn't get sauced and go on a little trans atlantic excursion?
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2006, 7:44pm by chewy » IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 14th, 2006, 9:29pm »

Rats!

Chase it around, get it behind you so you can enjoy the holidays.  

You're gonna be just fine. I promise!

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 5:32am »

They're sending me a new card overnight with a whole new number (just when I had this one about down). Yesterday was just a "withdrawal" day -- I put almost everything on my credit card and only have ONE payment. I'm just lazy but it's so much easier that way.  

I'll be waiting for the new one -- need gas and I've used the credit card for so long that I don't even know how to Pay for gas anymore.  

The Romantic Planet was the one that got to me. I wonder if I enjoyed it Grin

Hugs BD
IP Logged

Mattrf
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Thank god for my wife and kids who keep me alive.

Mattrf  
Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 10:40am »

Go to my fico.com it is like less then $20 to get all three reports at once and you can print out a detailed report that will show all your accounts and balances on them. Good way to see if there are any new cards in your name that you do not know about and they even give the phone numbers for the card companies so you can call and cancel them and report it as fraudulent.

Good luck, hope it was just the one.

Matt
IP Logged

There is no stronger a person then one who can deal with brain pain and still function.
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 10:56am »

Will do as soon as I get a credit card to charge it to. Mail hasn't arrived as of yet.....  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 1:12am »

On my card this month I found that I got charged 'late fee payment due 12/4/06 for 39.00. Posting date for my payment was 12/3/06........due date is 12/5/06. Can anyone understand that one ??? I got charged for posting my payment the day before it was POSTED which is the day before it was due. So why did I get charged for the late fee......it wasn't late yet ? I am so confused now I dunno what to think. The girl told me I had a balance of 400 when I called so I put 200 on as payment which was on time......my bill says I owed 600.00. I am completely lost on this one. I can't pay online cuz there is no place to complete transaction to click anywhere.....page isn't loaded all the way or sumthin so I called so I'd be sure it was paid on time. I don't understand what the bill says at all. Over my head in techno-stradegys Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss