Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 10:24am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « The Jasper News! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   The Jasper News!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Jasper News!  (Read 536 times)
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

The Jasper News!
« on: Dec 15th, 2006, 3:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is going to be a looong post so forgive me but it's been a busy two days for Jabs and myself.

We had an appointment with PG in London yesterday, Jasper was very excited about seeing his magic doctor again and insisted on calling him Professor Dumbledore (which tickled PG no end!) They were sat discussing Harry Potter and the Custard Monster and all sorts  Roll Eyes

A while ago Paul suggested I ask about melatonin for Jasper which hadn't ever occured to me (just goes to show how much talking amongst ourselves helps all of us!) PG was quite keen on this so he has prescribed Melatonin for Jasper. Strangely they can prescribe it for kids but not adults - go figure! Anyway it had to be posted on from the hospital and it arrived this morning (Way to go royal mail!) with big stickers saying "Medical Supplies" All I could think of was that joke about the chinese man hiding in the store room and jumping out shouting "Supplies!" I was in the house alone, giggling like a loon.. nothing new there eh?!  Roll Eyes BIG thanks to Paul too because if this works Jasper's usual 6 month cycle might not be so tough.. fingers crossed please everyone!

We popped in to see Val, one of my friends from OUCH UK who was having DHE and we went to look at the tree while she was having her cannula changed (I'm queasy!) There was a woman with a regular O2 mask on in one of the beds and a nurse said to Jasper "I'll bet you know what that is don't you?" Jasper promptly answered "Yes that's the mask for people who don't breathe properly to make the custard monster come out of their nose" Pretty damning when a 5 yr old slates the old non rebreather!  Roll Eyes

We had a bit of an incident at Kings Cross (train station) which upset me. Jasper was singing his favourite Christmas carol and a Muslim woman came up to me and said she found it offensive that my child was singing Christian songs. I was very tired, I was very sore and I had no patience. I told her that THIS is a Christian country, we are approaching a Christian Festival and if my son wants to sing Christian carls then that's exactly how it should be. I told her she might be offended by that but Iwas offended by her walking around looking like an advert for Ali Baba's Curtain factory and she backed off rapidly. I have to admit, I was ashamed of myself but at the same time I'm still livid.

Today was Jaspers Nativity play. They did it really nicely with the Snowman morphing into a Christmas Nativity Play (too many kids and not enough parts!) The kids sang loads of carols, had a fantastic time and finished with Do they Know its Christmas? Its very poignant hearing 4-7 year olds singing Feed the World and meaning it. I'll tell you now I was reduced to tears.
Jasper was a Star so he insisted on wearing a T shirt Jean bought him wih the Lone Star on it. He can be quite forceful when he wants to be but I thought it was wonderful and entirely appropriate! We had a little bit of Texas at the Bingham Nativity Play which is exactly how it should be  Smiley

I took some pics and here they are if you'd like to see. The Album is Jasper's Nativity.

http://community.webshots.com/user/lelimey
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

Re: The Jasper News!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 3:25pm »

He is a one of a kind kid with a one of a kind mum.  Prayers and vibes and things all crossed that the melatonin helps him this cycle....... just breaks my heart to hear about a child in pain.... but man o h man he's got some cool spunk...

Wonderful pics Helen.......ya got some gorgeous kids that's for sure!
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 3:30pm »

Helen

Jasper is definatly one of a kind

No wonder he is our hero

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 3:43pm »

I've struggled alot with Jasper and his CH this year, worse than ever before and I don't often talk about it 'cos I can't. I just cry. I cope with it, I deal with it, but don't try and get me to talk about it.. yesterday when he said to PG that the Custard Monster eats his eye - I just wanted to howl like a mad woman. I literally wanted to scream ashard and as loud as I could. He is the bravest person I've ever known. It's all down to him too not me. He is his own person and he is now old enough to speak for himself and in a way I think that's what makes it harder. Up to this year, it was me who spoke for him at appointments. He uses his own words now and I have to listen and its BLOODY tough.

I have got one more funny story though to lighten things again. On the way home a woman got on the train with a Pewter Skull and Crossbones brooch on her top it had black diamante on it. Jasper told her he liked her pirate badge and proceeded to have a conversation about pirates with her and to touch her brooch. It was cute. We got off the train anyhow and as we were walking up the platofrm I said to him "So you liked her pirate badge did you?" and he replied

"No mummy, I liked her boobies but it was better to say badge!"  Roll Eyes He's just a typical CH Pervert like the rest of you boys after all!!!  laugh
IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Who loves ya baby!

Hendrix1473  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 3:44pm »

Yeah, what Taraann said. My thoughts exactly. I sure am looking forward to meeting him next year. The muslim woman incident just ticks me off to high heaven. You handled it just right. Grrrrrrrrr. Merry Christmas Helen! Kiss
IP Logged

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 3:52pm »

Helen....that is one very smart (and prematurly mature) young man you have there.  

His diplomacy at such an age is a true testiment to his Mum's teachings.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Dape
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Great_Britain 

WHY BOTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 3:57pm »

on Dec 15th, 2006, 3:43pm, LeLimey wrote:
He is the bravest person I've ever known. It's all down to him too not me. He is his own person and he is now old enough to speak for himself

Well i don't care what you say it is obvious where he gets it from, he has a mum that is the strongest person i know and i have a lot af respect for her.

on Dec 15th, 2006, 3:43pm, LeLimey wrote:
"No mummy, I liked her boobies but it was better to say badge!"  Roll Eyes He's just a typical CH Pervert like the rest of you boys after all!!!  
laugh

WTG little buddy  Grin
IP Logged

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ???
Well i used to Sad
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #7 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 3:58pm »

What a great kid!  We all know where he gets his spunk from.
Quote:
"No mummy, I liked her boobies but it was better to say badge!"

But where does he get his diplomacy? Grin

Good luck with the melatonin.  Wouldn't it be wonderful....
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 3:59pm »

on Dec 15th, 2006, 3:19pm, LeLimey wrote:
Jasper was singing his favourite Christmas carol and a Muslim woman came up to me and said she found it offensive that my child was singing Christian songs.

Oh, what you could have accomplished were it legal to carry a handgun in merry old England!
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #9 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 4:25pm »

Oh Helen - first I felt so sad for Jasper and then I started to laugh at your comments to the Muslim woman and then Jasper and the "boobies".  I can't wait to meet this little guy.  I'm guessing we're all going to have to get up really early to get ahead of this youngster!!!

I pray the Melatonin works for him.

Pictures are so cute.  You have a wonderful family, Helen.  They are a credit to you and the way you've raised them.  Be very proud, my friend.

Hugs
Carol
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 4:58pm »

fingers crossed that the melatonin works. Give him a Texas hug for me...

And you handled the Muslin woman WELL. F*() her and her opinion. When in Rome (or Merry Old England as the case may be) do as the Romans. I've heard that all my life and it's never truer than today with all this political correctness. You were very diplomatic and I admire you for that (I'd probably have decked her and then explained to Jasper that she was a bad woman who needed to be destroyed, but that he shouldn't do that unless I gave him permission.) Cheesy

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Cathi04
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 5:34pm »

lol>...SNERK, SNERK..Anyone who knows me knows I am mean! I mean, really mean!!!
If I had been you, standing with my very worldly son, singing carols and this woman had approached and told US what she told you, I think I would've turned to little Jas and said somethin like this.........
"Oh, Jas, Mummy has to tell you something important. It's not really anywhere near Christmas, darling, but my love for you.....and this disease, well, I guess before the cat's out of the bag, I need to tell you, you are quite ill, my love and I wanted you to have a Christmas before it was too late....you know, maybe this woman is right. We should not be singing about something so special when, after all...why!... I can't bring myself to say it!!!"..and THEN Helen, you could collapse in a paroxysm of devastated tears, holding tightly to your son as you slide to your knees....while the woman looks on in horror........and then, ask her if a child's life is any more important than the method of one's worship?

OK, OK, melodramatic......and I thought you let her off easy Helen!

Jasper, you are my hero!!!!

Cathi
  Kiss
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2006, 5:37pm by Cathi04 » IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
Mosaicwench
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Find joy in your day

WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 6:06pm »

I have to admit, I was ashamed of myself but at the same time I'm still livid.

Funny, I'm not ashamed of you at all.  

They sing prayers five times a day and your kid can't sing carols?  Well we know who ole Ebeneezer was modeled after now don't we?
IP Logged

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter. ~Author Unknown
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 6:24pm »

When I said I was ashamed of myself I only meant the bit about Ali Baba's curtain factory.. I descended to her level with that stupid remark but I'm not sorry I gave her what for. In fact she should count her lucky stars Jasper WAS there because that moderated me much more than she deserved!
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 6:49pm »

When in Rome.  

She was not ascending to your level either.  

When will people get it that it just ain't the thing to do to make life harder than it already is? Screeching about particular verisons of God doesn't help.  

Charlie
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2006, 1:37pm by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Bethany1
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Always do whatever's next.

« Reply #15 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 7:51pm »

He such a beauty Helen. Those pics of him are just adorable. Prayers, Vibes, Mojo, everything I got will be sent his way in hopes that the Melatonin works. Love to you all-
B
IP Logged

I am sofa king we todd did.

crack is wack
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #16 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 8:07pm »

PG and Jasper can be tattoo buddies next time maybe.   Wink     He's always a little twinkly star Helen and a Texas size one too.    Cool

Good job Mom.   Smiley
IP Logged
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 12:53am »

I'm not very good at saying what's in my heart, Helen, but your post reminded me of what's truly important after a day spent fussing over silly concerns about nothing much at all.  

Transatlantic hugs to you and to Jasper--he's the bravest of little boys.

Best always,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #18 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 3:41am »

Helen, thank you for telling about your & Jasper's adventures. I hope and pray that melatonin will help Jasper and that his cycle will be a very short one indeed. What a brave little man! Smiley

I went to see all the pictures as well and I was reminded of my own school plays. I love stars and I wish that we had had a star dance as well. Smiley

And I must admit that I have little cousins whose mum has not taught her sons as diplomatic as Jasper... Roll Eyes  

I have no idea how I would have handled that Christmas carol thing... Back here, in Lutheran Finland, you will hear Christmas songs everywhere this time of year. It will be difficult to anyone who is offended about them. But still school plays and Christmas parties are altering; I don't think that they have Christian Nativity Plays in every school anymore, because schools want to respect other religions, as well. That is quite a lot from a county in which still around 80 percent of the population has the very same religion.

Of course back in here to be able to offend a Finn you must speak and understand Finnish! Wink And I have noticed that our quiet nature is quite contagious; many people who move to Finland are loud when they arrive, but that will change in time! Grin And back in here people are quite shy to approach strangers, that doesn't happen that much, so if someone would say something like that back here, EVERYONE around would look offended as well. Naturally things change and Finland is far more multi-cultural country than what it was even 6 years ago.

Best wishes,
Sanna

IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #19 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 4:53am »

Sounds like you've been busy lady!

Will be praying hard the Melatonin works for Jasp...sure would be a nice Xmas gift!

Loved the pics.

Love,
Langa
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #20 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 8:53am »

Professor Dumbledore, LOL... Jasper is just too darn cute! I loved the pics from the play! They are all so cute.
I'm praying that the melatonin works quickly and very well. hugs and lotsa love to all of you, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 9:13am »

WOW
He's FUNNY... he liked the boobies - THAT cracks me up.  I thought he was going to say something about JOnny and the pirate thing - guess NOT.  LMAO

And - helen - what you said to that lady on the train was PERFECT.

I hope the melatonin works...  

Love the pics!!

And I like Helen's storytime.   I can HEAR you talking when I read it.......

miss you  Embarassed
woobs
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 10:03am »

on Dec 16th, 2006, 9:13am, Woobie wrote:
WOW
He's FUNNY... he liked the boobies - THAT cracks me up.  I thought he was going to say something about JOnny and the pirate thing - guess NOT.  LMAO

You know what I found out I was pregnant with Jasper today 6 years ago and I didn't know Jonny then - but given all Jasper's traits I'm beginning to think Jabs IS Jonny's love child   Wink
IP Logged

Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 8:22pm »

Luv the little guy and YOU too!!  Smiley

I pray the melatonin works and that he has a long PF time.

I can picture all of these places and him saying certain things, and it makes me smile on the inside being able to "see" you guys at various places and so on.

I take that cannula is your word for IV, eh?

Miss  you and love you lots - give my love to the kiddies!

Carrie Smiley
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss