Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:04pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Muslum / Christian head butting »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Muslum / Christian head butting
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Muslum / Christian head butting  (Read 4580 times)
Paul98

Email

Muslum / Christian head butting
« on: Dec 15th, 2006, 4:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I didn't want to hijack Helen's thread so I started one to see what folks think.

In her thread about Jas, she said:

"We had a bit of an incident at Kings Cross (train station) which upset me. Jasper was singing his favourite Christmas carol and a Muslim woman came up to me and said she found it offensive that my child was singing Christian songs"

Also, last week, the bunch of Immans that were taken off the plane because of "worshiping" in a way that made people very nervous....

Has there been in the last several years an increase in assertiveness from Muslums about their religion? Do you folks think it acceptable for one person of faith to tell another person of a different faith that they are offended by that persons expression of faith?  Should ALL forms of public expression of faith be it verbal, dress or ornamentation be forbiden?

I do not practice a religion however I do have my beliefs.  I feel as long as a persons practice of their faith does not directly infringe on another person I really feel that ya should just be tolerant.  The lawsuits and crap I read about today from people that are "offended" is a joke.  Get a life.

-P.

IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: Muslum / Christian head butting
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 4:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I love living in a multi-cultural society.  

I love letting my kids goto Diwali celebrations and Chinese New Year and everything else. I think practising tolerance and respect is the best thing we can teach our kids.

Sadly, my respecting others beliefs doesn't always mean they respect mine.

I'd like to see everyone free to do their own thing providing it doesn't hurt or degrade others and have everyone else tolerant of my views too (subject to the same considerations)

I really don't think that is too much to ask at all.
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wide open till you see God, then brake

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 4:27pm »

This should be a good one! Grin
Personally, I'd tell that woman to f_ck off and go back to working on her suicide belt. Then I'd explain to my child that a piece of shit CAN walk and talk despite what science says.
 As far as the Immams or what ever they are, I would stand outside their place of worship with a big sign that says " free bomb making lessons, please come in".
IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
Mattrf
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Thank god for my wife and kids who keep me alive.

Mattrf  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 4:46pm »

As long as they don’t come up to my door and try to convert me they can do what they want. But I think she reacted right in what she said and did, if they are so offended about such things then they should live somewhere that people only practice what they deem as acceptable.
It blows me away that someone would have the nerve to say a child singing Christmas carols is offensive, well I find 911 offensive, but that’s just me.

Matt
IP Logged

There is no stronger a person then one who can deal with brain pain and still function.
FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life like a froward child must be humored a little

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 4:56pm »

I thought this would have a picture of the Iron Shiek headbutting Brother Love.

Merry Christmas to all those who it doesn't offend.

Happy Hannukah to those who it doesn't offend.

Have a great  _______ (pick your holiday or day of the week)

To those I offended.... I am very sorry.

IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
floridian

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 5:32pm »

on Dec 15th, 2006, 4:27pm, JeffB wrote:
This should be a good one! Grin
Personally, I'd tell that woman to f_ck off and go back to working on her suicide belt. Then I'd explain to my child that a piece of shit CAN walk and talk despite what science says.
 As far as the Immams or what ever they are, I would stand outside their place of worship with a big sign that says " free bomb making lessons, please come in".  

Are you a member of the Klan, too, or you just hate all Muslims?

Timothy McVeigh died for your sins!! Onward Christian Patriots!!  

« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2006, 5:34pm by floridian » IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 5:33pm »

The muslim woman was very wrong. The mother of the child should have ask if her green card was up to date.

To the Muslims of the world I just want to wish you "A Very Merry Christmas, Fuckhead.

Now go home and kill your family. Please.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
jimmers
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hello GOD! The gene pool needs some chlorine!

« Reply #7 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 5:44pm »

Flo,

I think you stepped over the line on this one.

We'll see.

Jimmers
IP Logged

I don't suffer from INSANITY; I'm enjoying every minute of it!
floridian

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 5:46pm »

on Dec 15th, 2006, 5:33pm, BobG wrote:
The muslim woman was very wrong. The mother of the child should have ask if her green card was up to date.

To the Muslims of the world I just want to wish you "A Very Merry Christmas, Fuckhead.

Now go home and kill your family. Please.

Embarassed

You sure got the spirit of Christmas down, Bob.  Like holding it down and stomping on its face.  

IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 5:48pm »

on Dec 15th, 2006, 5:44pm, jimmers wrote:
Flo,

I think you stepped over the line on this one.

We'll see.

Jimmers

I'm not afraid to call bigotry what it is - bigotry.  We've seen it on the thread about Hindus earlier this week, and we are seeing it here.  Christio-facism bigotry.  

You [censored by the BBS software] bring shame to the teachings and life of Christ.
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2006, 5:50pm by floridian » IP Logged
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 6:11pm »

Not with the Klan, but if I have to put up with their shit then they should do the same. Who says I have to like anyone , Flo?
Isn't that the great thing about freedom of speech? If the muslims want to live like they are still in the stone age, fine, but do it somewhere else and quit degrading the American way of life and chipping away at our principals. The United States was a lot safer till those fuckers started flooding the country.  
Standing up like a bunch of idiots on a plane....geez, and then claiming to be targeted and singled out. They achieved what they wanted on that plane and are forcing their way of life down our throats.  
I think you need an appointment with Dr. Ali, Bud!
IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
chewy

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 6:24pm »

I would have offered to buy the arrogant bitch a ham sandwhich to make up for it then told her to go fuck herself.
IP Logged
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 6:31pm »

Where's that friggin MOAB when you need it??

I hope my M-60 was shooting straight when we opened up on that oil platform in the Persian Gulf back in 88.  Grin Wink
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 6:33pm »

I'm not a Christian nor a Jew but I like a lot of their stuff. The way it's done here seems kinda interesting most of the time. I decided to give them a lot of space.  

Basically, so long as religious stuff doesn't get in my way of enjoying life, fine. Even if it does, I'm reluctant to spend a lot of money and time litigating such stuff. Life is too effen short. So far we do it well over here. I don't mind Mormons coming to my house most of the time. They're usually nice too and get my message. We live in a culture that puts up with a lot of goofy stuff....however; if you want to scare the shit out of airline passengers, you have to undestand that that is scary and is getting in my way. So is picking on a kid at Christmas.

Geeze what a waste of time, energy and money it is to rant and rave about you're version of God.  

Charlie
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2006, 6:34pm by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 6:41pm »

I'm not in church on sundays, usually I am cooking breakfast and getting ready for whatever I'm gonna do or watch. But it irks me to no end when I wonder if it's still o.k. to say Merry Christmas these days. Some of my fondest memories are of the holidays I spent in Germany, we were glad to incorporate some of the German traditions like putting a boot outside the front door for goodies. These days, fuggetaboutit, sooner or later we will cave in to these folks who are oh so tolerant, it will be because of libs like Flo that we will have to watch every word we say as not to offend. Sad.
IP Logged

M.R.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

kasper4157
Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 6:43pm »

[url]Skater 'Stunned' by Christmas Carol Cutoff
AOL Wire Services
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (Dec. 14) - Olympic figure skater Sasha Cohen was "stunned" to learn that a U.S. high school choir had been ordered to stop singing Christmas carols at a holiday show because she is half Jewish, her mother said on Thursday.  

A city employee, accompanied by a police officer, approached the Rubidoux High School Madrigals at the Riverside Outdoor Ice Skating Rink just as they launched into "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" and requested that the troupe stop singing, the Riverside Press-Enterprise reported Thursday.  

Cohen, the 2006 Olympic silver medalist and 2006 U.S. National Champion, had just finished her performance at the rink on the downtown pedestrian mall, and was signing autographs.  

The employee, special-events worker Michelle Baldwin, could not be reached for comment. City Development Director Belinda J. Graham confirmed the incident.  

"This request was simply made by a staff member who was attempting to be sensitive to the celebrity guest, without considering the wider implications ... or consulting with her supervisor for guidance," Graham said in an e-mail to the newspaper.  
Mayor Ron Loveridge, who called the incident "unfortunate," apologized to the choir. "You kind of wish people do a little checking first," he said.  

Cohen, who is half Christian and "celebrates everything" during the holidays, learned only through news reports that the choir had been cut off on her account, the 22-year-old skater's mother and manager said.  

"Sasha was stunned. We both thought the voices were just lovely, they were doing such a wonderful job," Galina Cohen said. "Christmas carols are part of celebrating the holiday season."  

To some, the incident appeared an example of excessive political correctness in the United States over the celebration of Christmas -- which some conservative commentators have characterized as a "war on Christmas."  

Cohen's mother said the skater had taken part in Christmas tree lighting ceremonies at New York's Rockefeller Center and in California.  
[/url]

Hope this plugs in, but the PC thing has gone to far
 IMHO.\\Edit because I usta know how to type.
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2006, 6:45pm by M.R. » IP Logged

Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer a unlicensed pharmacist..
chewy

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 6:45pm »

Send her a Christmas gift.

IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 6:48pm »

I did a google search for this song that I lost on my last puter crash....google spit out CH.com and my post with the link.....LMMFAO Grin

http://media.putfile.com/John-Valby---Merry-Fucking-Christmas
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 6:51pm »

To some, the incident appeared an example of excessive political correctness in the United States over the celebration of Christmas -- which some conservative commentators have characterized as a "war on Christmas."  

Is this o.k. with you, Flo?  
What next? No Christmas trees can be displayed in your window or Christmas lights lighting up your house? I know.....we should have to be tattooed with crosses and given numbers and seek shelter from the PC police by hiding in our attics.
IP Logged

Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 6:55pm »

Quote:
Cohen, who is half Christian

How the heck is anyone half Christian?  It's a belief, not a bloodline.  You either believe or you don't (in which case you die and spend eternity burning in hell).
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2006, 6:56pm by Bob P » IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
chewy

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 7:00pm »

Thats what I was wondering. Half Christian?

Maybe she converts at Christmas time cause she sick and tired of getting a Dradle every year.
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2006, 7:01pm by chewy » IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 7:02pm »

There are half-assed Christians though.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 7:12pm »

LOL.........................Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

chewy

Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 7:14pm »

Quote:
There are half-assed Christians though

Not me. I'm a complete ass of a Christian.  Cool
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2006, 7:17pm by chewy » IP Logged
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #24 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 7:18pm »

Send ol' bill a "pithy" email and he'll sign it for you! lol
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  ...  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss