Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 4:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Muslum / Christian head butting »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Muslum / Christian head butting
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Muslum / Christian head butting  (Read 4582 times)
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wide open till you see God, then brake

Email

Re: Muslum / Christian head butting
« Reply #100 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 1:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Or tell the woman to shut the hell up and mind her own business.
IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #101 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 1:48pm »

And the pot continues to be stirred.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #102 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 1:50pm »

Thats a pretty sad excuse for making such a juvenile comment but it is what it is.
If I remember correctly he admitted his mistake and apologized.  
Can You?
IP Logged
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #103 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 1:53pm »

I wonder what would happen to a person if they walked downtown Cairo or Tehran singing Christmas songs.
IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #104 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 1:55pm »

It is what it is.

If I felt the need to do such a thing I surely would. Again, thank you for insult and opinion.
IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life like a froward child must be humored a little

Email

« Reply #105 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 2:19pm »

OK folks.  I want to thank you for my Christmas message.

Reading this thread I learned a lot about the true meaning of Christmas.

It is about a parents love for a child wanting to defend his/her when a stranger rudely encounters them.

It is about loving even that person despite the fact that her actions were ugly.

It is about friends being able to have differences yet still love and respect one another even when words get harsh and beliefs are insulted.

It is about the fact that we are all fallible and yet still God loved and still loves us every day.

It is about being thankful for the people in your life and what they do for you:

To DJ and Steph who created and run this site.  I am thankful they care enough to make this site the best they can despite all sorts of problems, bickering, and annoyences.

To Jonny and chewy who I got the pleasure of meeting in person and treated me like a brother right away.  They still do even though we live 1000 miles apart and are very different people.  They make me laugh and have shown me that they are there for me if I need them.  

To the many people who have sent me a PM over the last year or so.  Almost all of them were awesome.  They were loving and thoughtful.  I have been through a very tough time personally and yet this place helps me come back to earth and be happy.  Even a few which were appologies for things said ont his board were amazing.  When a person cares enough to say they are sorry when they don't have to, it means a lot.

To the people who have sent me Christmas cards this season.  I am trying to send out cards for the first time in my life and I am way behind.  You have no idea how awesome it is to get cards from all of the place from someone who cares enough to take the time to do it.

To the people here who have helped me in so many ways fight the beast.

To the others I have met in person.  Bethany, Sean, Bill, and the current absent Missouri duo.  You guys rock.  Almost all of you fit into at least 1 category above.  

To the supporters out there.  Thank you.  That includes people like Jean  and Eric and MANY MANY others who are supporters here as well as sufferers.

To those still reading this post.  It is long, for which I am sorry but I have a lot to say.

Anyway for me the real meaning of Christmas is love.  Not just love of family members, love of a spouce, love of God or God's love or even the strange man love between Don and Jonny but the kind of love that allows people to come here and try to help one another through advise, humor, support, or sharing of oneself.

Folks, enjoy your debates and discussions but just remember there is no reason for hatred or ugliness.  No matter what religion you are (if any at all), this holiday season should be about what really matters.

OK.... I'm done until 1:30pm.  So flame away.  Just be aware I wont be flaming back.
IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #106 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 2:24pm »

on Dec 19th, 2006, 1:43pm, JeffB wrote:
Thanks for your opinion, Karma.  
I know what Bob has done here and I respect him for that. Unfortunatley he has also ripped apart a young lady who was trying to do the same. When he questioned someone and then thought it right to have that person prove herself and her credentials I had an issue. Guess I still do. Kisses and hugs, dear! Kiss

A perfect troll response.  It just goes to show that even trolls might get CH.  If it talks like a troll, acts like a troll and smells like a troll, it probably is a troll.  Gee, Jeff, I feel left out.  I had just as much to do with the "young lady"Huh incident, so come after me too.  You're probably incapable of it, but maybe you should try to turn all that keen observation inward.  I wouldn't continue to use the "respect" word if I were you.  You're just making a fool out of yourself, since you haven't gotten that dictionary yet.
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
Jimi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Who loves ya baby!

Hendrix1473  
WWW Email

« Reply #107 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 2:27pm »

Flo, you would argue with a bedpost. I believe that no matter what ones opinion is, you would take the opposite just for kicks. You appears to me that you like to play devil's advocate on most anything. I have a brother-in-law like that. No matter what one says, he responds with, Well let me ask you this and then argues with whatever your response was. He enjoys it. It shows off his intelligence. Unfortunately for him, no one wants to be around him. Including myself.

I see these types of peeps on other boards. I call them flamers. Always wanting to stir up some shit. We have clusterheadaches in common. Other than that, I cannot see that you and I have much other. If I am wrong, maybe we can meet at the convention and face to face I might like you. Plus, it would give me a chance to try to figure out why you are the way you are. Merry Christmas Flo. Smiley
IP Logged

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

jimmers
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hello GOD! The gene pool needs some chlorine!

« Reply #108 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 2:34pm »

Hey everyone, there has been one BIG assumption in this thread.

It is assumed that the Christmas Carol ("Umm excuse me, holiday song"Wink that was being sung by the child had religious lyrics.

Maybe the kid was singing Frosty the Snowman or some other non religion specific Holiday song.  

jimmers
IP Logged

I don't suffer from INSANITY; I'm enjoying every minute of it!
floridian

Email

« Reply #109 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 2:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 19th, 2006, 1:53pm, JeffB wrote:
I wonder what would happen to a person if they walked downtown Cairo or Tehran singing Christmas songs.

Quote:
>> Now, I went to a British school in Cairo. Naturally, the vast majority of the students were Muslims, yet our music teacher, Mr. Steve, made us sing Christmas carols and not a single parent complained about it. I don't know if the same thing happens in other local Egyptian schools (I presume not), but my school was a good resemblance of schools in the UK since it had the same curriculum.

http://www.bigpharaoh.com/2006/10/01/thank-god-im-in-cairo-and-not-birmi ngham/

Quote:
However, today, many Muslims in Egypt even get into the Christmas spirit. Though they may not celebrate Christmas as directly, it is not unusual for Muslims to participate in some of the celebrations, just as Christians in Egypt sometimes celebrate Muslim holidays. This is really one of the more interesting aspects of Egyptian life, where there is sometimes a surprising amount of interfaith coexistence.

You can also buy alcohol in Cairo.  Because the people of Egypt believe that religious prohibitions against alcohol are for religious people who believe in that, not for the government to enforce.  

Egypt has been fighting against fundamentalists and extremists for decades.  They haven't entirely eliminated such nonsensical thinking, but they are an ally of anyone that opposes Al Qaeda.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2006, 2:47pm by floridian » IP Logged
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #110 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 2:42pm »

on Dec 19th, 2006, 2:24pm, pattik wrote:

A perfect troll response.  It just goes to show that even trolls might get CH.  If it talks like a troll, acts like a troll and smells like a troll, it probably is a troll.  Gee, Jeff, I feel left out.  I had just as much to do with the "young lady"Huh incident, so come after me too.  You're probably incapable of it, but maybe you should try to turn all that keen observation inward.  I wouldn't continue to use the "respect" word if I were you.  You're just making a fool out of yourself, since you haven't gotten that dictionary yet.

Well thank you very much, dear. Your approval is what I've been living for.  Wink
IP Logged

JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #111 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 2:43pm »

on Dec 19th, 2006, 2:36pm, floridian wrote:

>> Now, I went to a British school in Cairo. Naturally, the vast majority of the students were Muslims, yet our music teacher, Mr. Steve, made us sing Christmas carols and not a single parent complained about it. I don't know if the same thing happens in other local Egyptian schools (I presume not), but my school was a good resemblance of schools in the UK since it had the same curriculum.

http://www.bigpharaoh.com/2006/10/01/thank-god-im-in-cairo-and-not-birmi ngham/

You can also buy alcohol in Cairo.  Because the people of Egypt believe that religious prohibitions against alcohol are for religious people who believe in that, not for the government to enforce.  

Egypt has been fighting against fundamentalists and extremists for decades.  They haven't entirely eliminated such nonsensical thinking, but they are an ally of anyone that opposes Al Qaeda.  

I wonder if Mr. Steve is still teaching there.
IP Logged

floridian

Email

« Reply #112 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 2:48pm »

on Dec 19th, 2006, 2:43pm, JeffB wrote:

I wonder if Mr. Steve is still teaching there.

Who knows?

From 2003:  
Quote:

For the first time ever, 7 January is expected to be a quiet, traffic- free day on the streets throughout Egypt. President Hosni Mubarak has announced that Coptic Christmas -- which falls at the end of the first week of the year -- will be a national holiday for all Egyptians -- not just Copts. Until the president issued his decree, Copts were entitled to take the day off, but otherwise it was business as usual. The decision was met with unanimous applause and praise from Copts in Egypt and those in the diaspora, as well as from many intellectuals, civil society organisations and religious figures in Egypt.

Pope Shenouda hailed the president's decision, saying it will mean a nicer Christmas for Copts and provide their Muslim brothers and sisters a chance to exchange holiday greetings.
http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2003/619/li1.htm

IP Logged
BB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
Mongolia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #113 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 2:57pm »

on Dec 19th, 2006, 2:24pm, pattik wrote:

I had just as much to do with the "young lady"Huh incident, so come after me too.  .

I am not throwing more logs into the fire but I dont know why you referred to me as a young lady but in brackets, then added the question mark smilie next to it ?

I just want to clarify that compared to most of the regular posters here, I am young and I believe that I have always behaved like a lady.

Thank you

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Annette
IP Logged
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #114 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 2:58pm »

Well thats nice. How about Tehran? Did we also attend school there? How about Pakistan?
IP Logged

JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #115 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 3:04pm »

on Dec 19th, 2006, 2:57pm, BB wrote:

I am not throwing more logs into the fire but I dont know why you referred to me as a young lady but in brackets, then added the question mark smilie next to it ?

I just want to clarify that compared to most of the regular posters here, I am young and I believe that I have always behaved like a lady.

Thank you

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Annette

She's just mad because of what I said to Bob.  
I gotta hand it to her, after 2 1/2 years on the board she finally found out I was a troll. Talk about Nancy Drew instincts!
IP Logged

floridian

Email

« Reply #116 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 3:05pm »

Tehran - not as nice.  Fundamentalist government, the leaders all have sticks up their butt.  They are hate-filled and have a cartoon view of what Chrisitanity is, just like some on the flip side.  

I guess I'm saying that tolerance varies within all religions and countries.  

Some people get bit by a dog and end up fearing/hating all dogs.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2006, 3:08pm by floridian » IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #117 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 3:07pm »

on Dec 19th, 2006, 2:57pm, BB wrote:

I can vouch for her. She is young, and she is a lady.

And she is wishing you a Merry Christmas.
IP Logged

JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #118 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 3:11pm »

on Dec 19th, 2006, 2:27pm, Jimi wrote:
     Flo, you would argue with a bedpost. I believe that no matter what ones opinion is, you would take the opposite just for kicks. You appears to me that you like to play devil's advocate on most anything.  

floridian may like to argue, but he is consistent with his position. He doesn't just jump on the other side of an issue for the sake of arguing. I think that is abundantly clear.
IP Logged

Is it illegal because it's dangerous or is it dangerous because it's illegal? Our drug laws are ruining lives.
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #119 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 3:11pm »

They do have some very hot women over there. But sad to say the closest I've been to Iran and their hot women was somewhere in the Straits of Hormuz.
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #120 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 3:15pm »

on Dec 19th, 2006, 3:11pm, JJA wrote:

floridian may like to argue, but he is consistent with his position. He doesn't just jump on the other side of an issue for the sake of arguing. I think that is abundantly clear.

He may be consistent, but he chooses to argue with people of opposing view as his only form of engagement. It's like vitamins to him. And Jimi's point remains intact - nobody likes to be around it.
IP Logged

BB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
Mongolia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #121 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 3:25pm »

on Dec 19th, 2006, 3:04pm, JeffB wrote:

She's just mad because of what I said to Bob.  
I gotta hand it to her, after 2 1/2 years on the board she finally found out I was a troll. Talk about Nancy Drew instincts!

I am sorry Jeff that you got called a troll and a fool unfairly because you spoke up for me.  

Thank you to you too Brewcrew  Smiley

She "had as much to do with the  ... incident" because she appeared to agree with whatever BobW said, even when he was way out of line. If he ripped into someone she would do the same, when he apologised so would she. Yet she would get upset when other people spoke up for their friends? I find that difficult to understand.

Painfree wishes to all.

Annette

IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #122 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 3:31pm »

Jeff I am sorry you got called names too, but only because you are NOT  a troll.  The personal name-calling around here is totally unacceptable to me.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #123 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 3:41pm »

Linda,

Can we make them sit in a corner for a time out?  It's what we do with our kids when they start name calling. Smiley

DD
IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #124 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 3:45pm »

hmmm.

I have 5 rooms at 4 walls each that's 20 corners.

Lets say you have the same amount DD.

Nope........not enough corners, we may have to out-source some from the UK    Wink
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss