Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 12:23am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Muslum / Christian head butting »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Muslum / Christian head butting
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Muslum / Christian head butting  (Read 4584 times)
Yorky
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

learn to meditate (or just sit & do nowt)

Re: Muslum / Christian head butting
« Reply #25 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 7:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 15th, 2006, 4:27pm, JeffB wrote:
This should be a good one! Grin
Personally, I'd tell that woman to f_ck off and go back to working on her suicide belt. Then I'd explain to my child that a piece of shit CAN walk and talk despite what science says.
 As far as the Immams or what ever they are, I would stand outside their place of worship with a big sign that says " free bomb making lessons, please come in".  
thumbsup
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2006, 7:44pm by Yorky » IP Logged

today is a gift.....thats why it is called the

present.
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wide open till you see God, then brake

Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 7:48pm »

Where ya been hiding Yorky??? Haven't seen you around, you o.k.?
IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
Yorky
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

learn to meditate (or just sit & do nowt)

« Reply #27 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 8:06pm »

on Dec 15th, 2006, 7:48pm, JeffB wrote:
Where ya been hiding Yorky??? Haven't seen you around, you o.k.?
just sat in the background buddy  Wink
but sometimes a man, as gotta say what a man thinks
HELEN if jasper wants to sing crimbo carols..in Englatere
and some yishmack...wants to say no/no
then it gets personel.
IP Logged

today is a gift.....thats why it is called the

present.
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #28 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 9:59pm »

on Dec 15th, 2006, 5:46pm, floridian wrote:

Embarassed

You sure got the spirit of Christmas down, Bob.  Like holding it down and stomping on its face.  

Thanks Flo.
And Merry Christmas to you.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life like a froward child must be humored a little

Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 12:35am »

This thread has made me sick to my stomach.

For those who believe in the Bible read Matthew 5:43-48

Also Matthew 7:3-5

If you don't believe in the Bible, the message is the same but I understand not all people believe in living as the Bible tells you to live.

It's Christmas time.  Can we stop hating people for a minute and enjoy the season?  I know I can enjoy the season without someone wishing me a "Merry Christmas"; "Happy Holidays" is fine with me.   I can enjoy the holiday singing to myself just as well as singing in public.  

If you call yourself a Christian, try to act like one (Christian means Christ-like or in his image).  You wont be perfect (neither will I of course) but give it a try.  If a person is rude to you, be nice to them.  Jesus says to do that.  If a person hates you, pray for them and love them.  Jesus says to do that too.

I'll get off my soapbox.  Happy Holidays to all no matter what you celebrate.
IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 1:54am »

Quote:
If you don't believe in the Bible, the message is the same but I understand not all people believe in living as the Bible tells you to live.

You don't know the half of it. In my family there were lots of Unitarians. They read ahead in the text to be sure they agree with it before the "sermon."  

Unitarian churches always have fun congregations too.

Charlie
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2006, 1:55am by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #31 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 3:11am »

on Dec 15th, 2006, 6:55pm, Bob P wrote:

How the heck is anyone half Christian?  It's a belief, not a bloodline.  You either believe or you don't (in which case you die and spend eternity burning in hell).

When U.S. troops who are jewish get killed in Iraq, do you believe that they spend eternity burning in hell  ?

BB
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #32 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 4:20am »

My Mom had a saying, "We're all trying to get to heaven. Some of us are just taking a shorter route."  

I don't believe ANY religion is wrong, but I also don't believe that we should try to force OUR beliefs on another person. What we believe is up to each of us individually and we have a right to our opinions. Just don't try to force them down someone else's throat.

Christmas is something we've been celebrating for centuries (as well as Haunaka -msp). Most of us are NOT going to change our ways so others who don't believe in this holiday or the birth of Christ should just keep their mouths shut and let us get on with our celebrating.  

Most of us don't know much about the Muslin religion and really don't want to know. I'm sure there's so good in it, but I'm just not interested. Quit trying to convert me. And I'm not going to quit doing what I do in the name of religion to suit your thinking. I'm going to keep on singing Christmas Carols when and where I want to and no one has a "right" to tell me I'm wrong - you or the government. America is a FREE country and I, for one, want to keep it that way. I respect your right to think as a Muslin - but YOU need to learn to respect MY right to think as a Christian (or Jew or atheist or whatever).  

And a Merry Christmas to everyone

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #33 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 9:18am »

on Dec 15th, 2006, 6:55pm, Bob P wrote:

How the heck is anyone half Christian?  It's a belief, not a bloodline.  You either believe or you don't (in which case you die and spend eternity burning in hell).

on Dec 16th, 2006, 3:11am, BikerBob wrote:

When U.S. troops who are jewish get killed in Iraq, do you believe that they spend eternity burning in hell  ?

BB

I wondered the samething Huh
on Dec 16th, 2006, 12:35am, FramCire wrote:
This thread has made me sick to my stomach.

If you call yourself a Christian, try to act like one (Christian means Christ-like or in his image).  You wont be perfect (neither will I of course) but give it a try.  

I'll get off my soapbox.  No need to brother!! Perfectly put!!! This from the brother who is apparently going to burn in hell according to another  here. Hope never to have a cross burning on my lawn
Happy Holidays to all no matter what you celebrate.

Tolerance from all would make a pleasant place.
In the absence of that at least be educated.
Then you can comment properly without being blinded by BS.

Again this comes from the one who will be burning in hell according to another despite being an individual who would lay it all on the line so he could speak his crap.

Happy holiday regardless what you celebrate and what you spew.
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #34 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 11:06am »

Ice water all around for my dear friends in hell!  I'm buying!
IP Logged

If it weren't for the gutter, y mind would be homeless.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v123/tribander_3/

You pretend to pay me, I pretend to work.

PL259
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #35 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 7:22pm »

If I am not mistaken this country (U.S.A.) was initially began with the idea of religious freedom for all. (Thats a really general idea). But freedom for all to do as you wish within the laws of the republic was the idea. Tolerance is the word. I really don't care if you remember it or not. It is a free country and each is welcome to his/her ideas. However when it comes to the men and women that gave their life for this country I do not give or back up. To even suggest that they will burn in hell gets me fired up. Want to come down to the red clay hill and tell me that to my face?  
Just my opinion, but remember opinions are like a$$holes everybody has at least one!

IP Logged

I don't really exist.
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #36 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 1:38am »

Door number one;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-DEF0F90c8

Door number two;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKTHvW2JcAA

Door number three;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLlwO7178Vs&NR

Merry Christmas Everyone
Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Josh W
New Board Newbie
USA 

Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Email

« Reply #37 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 2:23am »

No one is BURING in Hell.   There is no knowledge, work or understanding is Hell.  Look up the english def of hell.  It may not be what you think.  In Idaho we hell our potatoes.     Just my 2:00 am 2 cents.
IP Logged
ax

Email

« Reply #38 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 3:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Is there actually a law againt offending someone?

Everyone believes something.  The fact is that all the crap were hearing/reading about is just reverse phycology. It actually re-enforces peoples faith and traditions.

On another note, the real problem is greedy lawyers.

I believe in GOD. Even when I don't want to, I can't help it. To me GOD is a fact. I also believe in other things too.
If I tell you what they are, I'm afraid I might get sued... NOT

What about the pope? Does he offend other religions too?

It's all propaganda Undecided
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #39 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 8:09am »

on Dec 16th, 2006, 4:20am, BarbaraD wrote:
I respect your right to think as a Muslin - but YOU need to learn to respect MY right to think as a Christian (or Jew or atheist or whatever).  

I find it amazing that you can talk about respect for other religions a few days after your post on 'dots' which demonstrated zero respect for Hindus.  

... general thoughs on other comments

There are no laws against offending people, and freedom of speech is great.  Except when telemarketers call and call during your dinner hour, and that is made illegal, for good reason.  Except when Christian bigots stage grieviously offensive protests at the funerals of fallen soldiers, because they think they have a free-speech right to (and that should be illegal). Except when people shout FIRE in a crowded theater.  

The idea of free speech as envisioned by the authors of the US Constitution always had limits.  It was not intended as a shield or excuse for those who harass others, and only cowards and bullys hide behind it for that reason.  

Wishing clusters on anyone is the biggest taboo here. But bigotry towards other religions and other nationalities is also common here, and I know for a fact that some sufferers rarely come to this board, or no longer come at all, because of the intolerance and intentional disrespect.  

You can call me PC or whatever you want. But your actions  are worse than wishing clusters on others. Because wishing has no effect unless the world operates on magic.  But driving people away has a real effect.  

« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2006, 8:50am by floridian » IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #40 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 9:07am »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 8:09am, floridian wrote:

I find it amazing that you can talk about respect for other religions a few days after your post on 'dots' which demonstrated zero respect for Hindus.  

Flo, I tell Jewish jokes to my Jewish Friends (and they save up their Catholic jokes for me.) It's not a sign of disrespect, but just something I thought funny.  

This is one of the problems with this PC stuff -- we're all so careful not to "offend" that we're missing out on a lot of stuff. At least those who are PC are -- I just don't care about being PC at all.  

I think we all need to lighten up a little and quit taking everything so damn seriously.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

floridian

Email

« Reply #41 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 10:33am »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 9:07am, BarbaraD wrote:

Flo, I tell Jewish jokes to my Jewish Friends (and they save up their Catholic jokes for me.) It's not a sign of disrespect, but just something I thought funny.  

Sure, and some of my black friends in high school called me honky-ass and I called them n-i-g-g-e-r-s, just like they called each other. But the software on this board wont even let me type that word.  Why?  Is it simply a case of 99% black people being politically incorrect and hypersensitive?  Or would you say that anyone that understands the black community would use that word very carefully, if at all?  Curious if you use that term affectionately for people you don't know, like "excuse me, n-i-g-g-e-r, something just fell out of your pocket"?  

Maybe you didn't mean your post as active disrepect, but it is hard to see how it comes from respect. - Do you really think that someone with that tradition that comes here looking for cluster headache info will feel at home?  

Quote:
The pottu is a very auspicious symbol, reminding those who ear it of their spiritual heritage and ideals, wherever they may be. It also serves to identify a Hindu among the members of all other religions. Muslim girls often cover their face with a veil. Christian girls wear a cross. Jewish boys wear small leather cases holding scriptural passages. Men and women of a particular faith often wish to identify themselves to each other, and they do so by wearing religious symbols which generally are blessed in their temples, churches and synagogues.

You got jokes about Christian girls and crucifixes?  Never mind, I don't want to hear em. Maybe in some perfect setting, people could come together and ridicule each others traditions and faith and no one would take offense.  Imagine all the people, living for ...  nevermind, John Lennon was a foolish dreamer.  

And the bigotry on this board isn't limited to allegedly good nature jokes - there is no shortage of outright contempt for others.  JeffB said it clearly - "Who says I have to like anyone, Flo?" which is reflected in comments by several people that non-Christians are inferior and will burn in hell for eternity, or "To the Muslims of the world I just want to wish you "A Very Merry Christmas, Fuckhead. Now go home and kill your family. Please.. "  

I stand by my position - people are being driven away from pain-reducing information because other people have equated tact and self-restraint with PC. Others who have walked away were knowledgable and would have otherwise made valuable contributions to board.  Extreme ideas about free speech and the right to offend trumps the idea that this should be a board where all sufferers are welcome.  Those people aren't anti-PC, they are plain rude.  
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2006, 10:38am by floridian » IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #42 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 11:06am »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 10:33am, floridian wrote:
people are being driven away from pain-reducing information because other people have equated tact and self-restraint with PC.  

Just how is someone driven away from a free public message board? Hell, it aint like you have to log in to read all the boards.

Do you really think that someone with CH is not reading this board after finding it, Flo?

Maybe its just me and im a fucking moron......aint that what you called me, Flo

Now, whats this about being rude? Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #43 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 11:20am »

And, according to Flo, I'm not intelligent enough to understand any of this discussion (let alone the scientific method), so I'm just gonna go away. Besides, I have to go out and buy another Magic 8-ball for the office. I dun wore mine out. I need it to make all the important engineering decisions for which I'm responsible.

Before I gradjeeated from the Acme skool of Engineering, I couldn't even spel engineer. Now I iz one.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
floridian

Email

« Reply #44 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 11:24am »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 11:06am, Jonny wrote:

Just how is someone driven away from a free public message board? Hell, it aint like you have to log in to read all the boards.

Do you really think that someone with CH is not reading this board after finding it, Flo?

-- other drivel deleted --

Yeah, I know of more than one person that was a regular here that have said they think this place is frequented by a high percent of [censored by this sites software], and they rarely come by to read, no longer bother posting.  

IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #45 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 11:26am »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 11:20am, brewcrew wrote:
Before I gradjeeated from the Acme skool of Engineering, I couldn't even spel engineer. Now I iz one.

I will save Flo the typing.

Your a fucking moron, Bill....LOL Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #46 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 11:31am »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 11:26am, Jonny wrote:

I will save Flo the typing.

Your a fucking moron, Bill....LOL Grin

Doyyyyy....doy...doy....doyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #47 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 11:37am »

Im sorry, that should have read

"-- other drivel deleted --"

Roll Eyes
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

floridian

Email

« Reply #48 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 11:52am »

Some people know there is valuable information here. But when a newbie shows up and is told they don't really have cluster headaches, or that they are a fool for breaking the unwritten rule about not uttering the word 'cure', some of them assume that this place is not worth much.  

Sorry your still having a pity party, BC.  I actually liked what you said in the compassion thread about not judging a group by the actions of one or a few members.
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #49 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 11:58am »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 11:52am, floridian wrote:
Some people know there is valuable information here. But when a newbie shows up and is told they don't really have cluster headaches, or that they are a fool for breaking the unwritten rule about not uttering the word 'cure', some of them assume that this place is not worth much.  

And lots of folks show up here that dont have CH....right?

And who the fuck would say "Cure" on a board like this?

Now say your sorry for calling me a fucking moron, you rude cock-sucker....LOL Grin
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss