Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 8:10am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Bend me over.....WTF? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Bend me over.....WTF?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Bend me over.....WTF?  (Read 471 times)
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

Bend me over.....WTF?
« on: Dec 15th, 2006, 9:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have not posted this, but I am getting so frustrated its stupid. for many months I have been batteling the IRS over my fourth quater payment for 2005. Even though I got a refund they say I did not pay the fourth quarter.

"Your tax refund was mailed on July 14, 2006."  

My payroll people have sent checks that have been cashed and still I get notice (Last notice) that my house was going up for auction.....and they will attach my bank accounts. Ive emptied my accounts because of this.

This is from their site as is paragragh two of this post.

Your Refund Amount:  
$5,548.06

I fuckin paid this shit (in 2005).......does the IRS have their head up their ass?

Mom (barb)......what do I do?

Anyone else have experince with this?

IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

Re: Bend me over.....WTF?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 9:06pm »

on Dec 15th, 2006, 9:00pm, Jonny wrote:
Mom (barb)......what do I do?

Anyone else have experince with this?

She can be a doll with this stuff.  Kept me from losing my mind.   Wink
I got a notice from them that blew my shorts through the back door.
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2006, 9:13pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 9:06pm »

I once got a telephone bill for zero and was threatened the computer would cut me off if I didn't pay it.  Eventually sent them a cheque for nothing.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 9:07pm »

I asume you've kept documentation of all the refunds, tax papers, and tax bils for the last 3 years.

You'll need this...it will be difficult to fight without a lawyer, but thats your ulitmate decision.  You know how it goes, unless you pay the price to fight it, you owe...thats American taxes.   Crazy ass system, but it works....for the Government.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 9:16pm »

on Dec 15th, 2006, 9:07pm, Redd715 wrote:
I asume you've kept documentation of all the refunds, tax papers, and tax bils for the last 3 years.

Not only do I have ten years of paper work.......I cashed the damn check THEY SENT ME!

It seems like one hand is giving out money and not telling the hand that suppose to get money, and I pay for it.

Cock-suckers!!!!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 9:18pm »

Jonny  

IF you've got all the records you can go in to the IRS with an enrolled agent  (CPA, etc) and get this cleared up.  You probably won't need an attorney.

(Jim, is a certified tax preparer and  that is what he said after I asked him to call you)  
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 9:21pm »

Appears to me that unless there is proof of intent to defraud, you got your ass covered.

Don't let go of any records...

It'll be your saving grace in the end.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 9:33pm »

I have always had everything covered when it comes to taxes.....Im no jackass. I aint fucking with the big bitch!

But, why would I get a return if they think I owe?

If even ONE bid is takin on my house I will sue the FUCK out of somebody.....you can take that to the bank!!!!!

IP Logged

- Guiseppi

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 10:48pm »

Are you talking 4th quarter estimated business income taxes or are you talkng 4th quarter 941 tax from your payroll?

They sent you a check based on your tax return, and you tax return says you paid the 4th quarter.  Now they just cant find the payment, so you have to prove it to them.  You probably have cancelled checks, right?  Or you probably kept a copy of that little coupon thingy you fill out when you pay the estimated taxes?  

If you are talking payroll tax and have a service like ADP do it for you, they should take care of it pretty quick.

What sounds like happened is your tax payment check got credited to the wrong entity.  Shouldnt be a big deal to clear it up.

B$

IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 12:29am »

on Dec 15th, 2006, 9:33pm, Jonny wrote:

If even ONE bid is takin on my house I will sue the FUCK out of somebody.....you can take that to the bank!!!!!

Sounds like you got the "notice and demand" letter, the second step after a "notice of deficiency" is issued.  It's computer-generated.  Untouched by human hands.  No human being has even looked at your account yet.    

In that letter, they always tell you the nasty stuff they can do.  And they can, if a situation goes unresolved for too long.  But it isn't going to happen tomorrow.  

It doesn't sound as if the IRS has filed a lien, which is the next step they would take.  (You'd know it if they had.)  After that, they can (in the fullness of time) attach bank accounts, seize property, etc.  I don't know if they'd even file one for five grand anymore.  You're a long, long way from losing your house and your bank accounts.  
As Linda said, go in to see them with an enrolled agent, along with your documentation.  You  could probably take care of it yourself, for that matter.    It should be cleared up quite easily.

Best,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 12:30am »

Man that has to be the ultimate CRAP to go thru.......so sorry ya gotta got it goin on ! I am probly of NO help here (the usual) but there has been alot of stuff on the news here on the local stations bout the IRS sending people refunds that weren't correct for sum reason and now there tryin to get it back ? This may not have anything to do with you.......if so....sorry.....I wasn't payin attention totally to the news article cuz IRS stuff confuses me easily. Taxacoot Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 1:42am »

Quote:
does the IRS have their head up their ass?

Untouched by human hands. I hate the brave new world.

Pay attention to all the advice Jonny.  

Not to worry about people bidding Jonny. I've been threatened all year long becasue I'm paying my property taxes in increments. They don't like it that I know I can do it.  

Charle.
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 1:54am »

Just an aside to anyone who might get a letter from the IRS with an actual contact name on it.  If it's from an "auditor" or a "revenue agent", get your tax professional or accountant involved.  If it's from a "special agent", get a lawyer.

Best,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 3:18am »

Jonny,

Check your PMs.  

And remember - the IRS doesn't get in a hurry for anything. So PATIENCE my son PATIENCE.  

Not running anyone down, but lawyers are usually useless in situations with the IRS.  A tax accountant is your best bet to represent you. Most people think it's just a simple error and they can handle it and end up saying too much. The Tax Accountant on the other hand knows it's adversarial and knows not to tell them anything they don't ask about and not much at that. We also know how to play their little games.  

But if you do hire a tax accountant to represent you -- do NOT talk to the IRS after that -- refer everything to him/her.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 11:41am »

Thanks folks, lots of good advice here and in PM's.

Thank you!  Kiss
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #15 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 11:52am »

Take away your house?  
Talk to a lawyer about putting everything in a trust. Do you have your home homesteaded? Look into that too.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 12:20pm »

Yeah, I have homestead, but I dont think that can stop the IRS.

I feel better now that some folks who know about these things have calmed me down....LOL Grin

IP Logged

- Guiseppi

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 7:02pm »

Well stay calm and even after it's settled you'll probably hear from them again in a few years -- some idiot will have pushed the wrong button or something and somebody else will LOOK INTO IT! Geezz those guys need to get some organization to their rip off scheme.
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss