Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 11:44pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I wish i had been wrong »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I wish i had been wrong
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I wish i had been wrong  (Read 421 times)
Dape
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Great_Britain 

WHY BOTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

I wish i had been wrong
« on: Dec 20th, 2006, 10:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

About 3 months ago a friend of mine asked if i would have a talk with his new girlfriends brother who was suffering with severe headaches. I agreed straight away and met him a few days later, after speaking with him i told him that i didn't think it was CH but that he should go and see his Dr as he had been having them for over 2 years.

His sis told me that his family had been trying to get him to go for a long while but that he just carried on popping OTC meds, so she asked if i could let Andy (her brother)  know how serious it could possibly be so i told him that he needed to go to rule out the possibility of a tumour or other nasty things going on in his head.

I have just spoken to my friend who has told me that Andy went to the Dr after i spoke to him and he has just received his results. He has an inoperable brain tumour and they have told him that he has between 6 and 12 months left to live.

Perhaps if his family had dragged him to the Dr they may have been able to do something about it but then again maybe not, but if you are reading this and you know of someone suffering headaches and they haven't seen a Dr please do everything in your power to get them too.

Dape
IP Logged

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ???
Well i used to Sad
kimmiedawn81
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stuck in the middle with you!

kimmiedawn8199   kimmiedawn21

Re: I wish i had been wrong
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 11:26am »

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear that.  My thoughts and prayers are going to all who are involved.
IP Logged

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 12:12pm »

Oh Dape I'm so sorry, you did your best hon and I'm as proud of you as I always am. I know how you're feeling (I'm the witch remember?!) You know where I am if you want to chat.
How's my Julie and Joshie doing? Jasper is stood right beside me and he says can we see Joshie soon and he is very excited about the new baby in Julies tummy (He is labouring under the misapprehension I'm going to get a baby for him - ha!) He is busting a gut to be able to hold her and see how little he was when he was a baby!
huge hugs to you and yours honeybun, don't forget you all belong to me and mine
lots of love
Helen xxx
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Mattrf
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Thank god for my wife and kids who keep me alive.

Mattrf  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 1:33pm »

That is very sad.
I will pray for his family and friends, worst fears realized.
I know we have all had them at one time or another but to hear them come true for someone is just horrible and very sad.

Matt
IP Logged

There is no stronger a person then one who can deal with brain pain and still function.
Dape
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Great_Britain 

« Reply #4 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 1:49pm »

Hi Helen,

I know i did my best i just wish i had met him sooner and also that i could have told him it was CH. I tried to ring him but he doesnt want to talk to me as he blames me for him finding out that this may be his last christmas, it is ok though as i dont blame him and i think if it was me in his shoes i would be the same.  
It is going to take him a while to come to terms with it so i will just give him some time and be there if he wants to talk.

on Dec 20th, 2006, 12:12pm, LeLimey wrote:
How's my Julie and Joshie doing? Jasper is stood right beside me and he says can we see Joshie soon and he is very excited about the new baby in Julies tummy (He is labouring under the misapprehension I'm going to get a baby for him - ha!) He is busting a gut to be able to hold her and see how little he was when he was a baby!
huge hugs to you and yours honeybun, don't forget you all belong to me and mine
lots of love
Helen xxx

I was hoping to come and see you before Christmas with the little 1 but Julie just isn't playing to my schedule lol. Once the little one is born we will come and see you i promise.  
Joshua is being a monster and is going mad because he cant go back to school until till after the new year, he must get it from Julie as i couldnt wait for the holidays.

Dape
IP Logged

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ???
Well i used to Sad
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 1:51pm »

Huh! I'm not making Julie come out with a new baby - I'll come to see you you muppet! I cannot wait to be Auntie Helen  Grin
IP Logged

Dape
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Great_Britain 

« Reply #6 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 2:04pm »

on Dec 20th, 2006, 1:51pm, LeLimey wrote:
I cannot wait to be Auntie Helen  Grin

Well every child needs to have a mad auntie i suppose  Grin

Dape (who is going into hiding)  Grin
IP Logged

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ???
Well i used to Sad
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 2:22pm »

Well then count your lucky stars honeybun 'cos they don't get much madderer  Roll Eyes

Umm.. was I supposed to be offended by that remark btw?  Tongue
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 3:49pm »

How I wish I could do more tha vibes and prayers.  

So sorry to hear of this.  Cry

Charlie
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2006, 3:49pm by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 11:00pm »

I'm at a complete loss for words, Dape.  Very, very sorry to hear this.  It's a nightmare come true.

Best wishes--to you, and to Andy.

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Cathi04
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 11:36pm »

It's a dificult position, Davy. My mother in law complained of a distended stomach and pain for years, and she was 'afraid of what the Dr would tell her". I told her what she didn't know could be far more deadly than what the Dr's could identify and treat. I finally backed her into a corner, and drove her to her Dr's appt. She had stomach cancer, and by the time she got to the Dr, it had metastasized.
If these people were more aware of their bodies, and less afraid of the consequences, they might both be doing well today.
I'm sorry your friend blames you, but the die is already cast, isn't it? Take comfort in the fact that you did make your best effort. Perhaps he will come around in time. After all, it is NOT your words that have him where he is today, and YOU allowed him to learn of this so whatever time he has remaining can be the very best.

I hope I made some sense here. I'm reminded once again, God helps those who help themselves. If something is wrong on your body, find the appropriate Dr to help you- isn't that waht we tell people here every day? See a good Neurologist...........if it's something else, seek the appropriate professional.

Hugs going out to you, Davy,
Cathi  
IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss