Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 6:27pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « THE LAW IS THE LAW »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   THE LAW IS THE LAW
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: THE LAW IS THE LAW  (Read 512 times)
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

THE LAW IS THE LAW
« on: Dec 20th, 2006, 10:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

If the US government determines that it is against the law for the words "In God we Trust" to be on our money, so be it.  

If that same government decides that the Ten Commandments are not suitable in courthouses and religious displays not suitable in government installations, so be it.

I say, "so be it," because I am a law abiding US citizen that would like to think that intelligent and open-minded leaders are elected to make important decisions in the best interest of all Americans.  

SO… so be it – however…

Since we can't publicly pray to a God, can't Trust in God and cannot have any religious references or celebrations in public installations, I don't believe the Government should participate in any religious holiday honoring beliefs or celebrations it is eliminating from many facets of American life.

All government services must continue on every religious holiday.  After all just   recognizing these days is undermining the American way of life.    

The U.S. Supreme Court must be in session every holiday morning.  The highest court in the land, interpreting the law, cannot participate in anything that undermines the American way of life.    

The U.S. Senate, House of Representatives and all government officials must remain in session and stop rushing/worrying about getting home for any holidays.  Lawmakers must never participate in something that undermines the American way of life.

Productivity should improve when government offices & services remain open on religious holidays.  Taxpayer dollars will be saved when legislators stop wasting taxpayer money to host lavish holiday parties/affairs and traveling for the holidays.  These days must be treated just like any other day of the week by a government so dedicated to "political correctness."

In fact, our government should also work Sundays because this day was set aside as a day of worship.  Sunday is just another day to a government dedicated to political correctness.  

Maybe our leaders will once again protect “Freedom of Religion” rather than interpreting it as “Protection from Religion” to appease a vocal minority.  Maybe the trend of restricting individual freedoms and catering to "special interests’ can be reversed if the leaders imposing these restrictions are forced to strictly adhere to their own laws.    

What do you think?  
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2006, 1:20pm by burnt-toast » IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

Re: THE LAW IS THE LAW
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 11:00am »

Amen!!

DD
IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 11:29am »

Too much common sense, they'll never go for it.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 12:14pm »

I couldn't agree more!
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 2:24pm »

on Dec 20th, 2006, 11:29am, thomas wrote:
Too much common sense, they'll never go for it.

sooooooooo true!

IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 3:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

... or we could respect religious differences and maximize freedom.  Mandate the 4th of July and Memorial Day as the only national holidays. Then give people a certain number of flex holidays (so the total is what they now get). Give legal protection so that all are guranteed to be able to apply these flex holidays to bonafide religious holidays, or on other days according to work schedule and supervisor approval like a vacation day.  

That would make things better for the millions of Christians in the United States that celebrate Christmas or Easter on a day different from the largest groups. Why force them to take a day off because others mixed up the date for these holidays, then when the real date comes around, they need to take personal time off, if they are allowed.  

Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2006, 4:23pm by floridian » IP Logged
dave.....
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 3:52pm »

burnt-toast .......... i am voting for you in the next election Roll Eyes
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 5:06pm »

on Dec 20th, 2006, 3:18pm, floridian wrote:
... or we could respect religious differences and maximize freedom.  Mandate the 4th of July and Memorial Day as the only national holidays. Then give people a certain number of flex holidays (so the total is what they now get). Give legal protection so that all are guranteed to be able to apply these flex holidays to bonafide religious holidays, or on other days according to work schedule and supervisor approval like a vacation day.  

That would make things better for the millions of Christians in the United States that celebrate Christmas or Easter on a day different from the largest groups. Why force them to take a day off because others mixed up the date for these holidays, then when the real date comes around, they need to take personal time off, if they are allowed.  

Smiley        

But what about those of us that don't have a job? Personal time is all I got.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Mattrf
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Thank god for my wife and kids who keep me alive.

Mattrf  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 5:21pm »

Sounds good to me as well, we are far to PC in my view.

Matt
IP Logged

There is no stronger a person then one who can deal with brain pain and still function.
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 6:47pm »

I think everyone should cut and paste this in a letter to their Senators and congressmen. If enough people did that maybe they'd get the idea that things have gone a bit overboard with all this PC stuff.  

Hugs Bd
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Fredmyyster
New Board Old Timer
USA 

SK8 2 Live !

Fredmyyster  
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 7:43pm »

< Golf Applause > Smiley
IP Logged

Have pump will travel...
Will work for Pools.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 9:46pm »

It's time that our government stop paying attention at all to religion.  

What a joy that would be.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss