Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 3:53am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Just lost my best friend. (not dead just lost) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Just lost my best friend. (not dead just lost)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Just lost my best friend. (not dead just lost)  (Read 779 times)
Mattrf
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Thank god for my wife and kids who keep me alive.

Mattrf  
Email

Just lost my best friend. (not dead just lost)
« on: Dec 20th, 2006, 1:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been fighting this cycle of SUNCT for a year now, one of the hardest parts has been getting family and friends that don’t live near me to understand.  
I have tried over and over but just get flack about how I don’t come visit or cal, you know the routine. I just got an email from my best friend who lives a little over an hour away, he tells me that he went out to dinner with my sister and her husband on Sunday and got to thinking that he needed to tell me that he got married a few months ago, WTF!  

This guy was my best man four years ago and he doesn’t even tell me he got married? He said they wanted it to just be the two of them in Vegas but her mom came and they had a couple friends there but it was very small and they wanted to keep it quite. I can understand that and would have respected his wishes but to not tell me and then to tell me in an email like it was an after thought months later?
I know I have not been the best of friends and have only seen him a few times in the last couple years but it was because of all the medical problems I have had and have tried to make that very clear, I have told him many times how I miss hanging out with him and wish I was up to doing the drive and hanging out but that it was hard enough to just get through a day.
He was my best friend, and it makes me very sad to be treated like this by him, I guess there is no true way to get them to understand the hell we call our lives. If they did they would never be this way, like I wasn’t depressed enough today.

Sorry for being a downer guys, just feel like I just lost my best friend but the truth is I probably lost him a long time ago, it just hit home is all.

Matt

Cry
IP Logged

There is no stronger a person then one who can deal with brain pain and still function.
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: Just lost my best friend. (not dead just lost)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 2:09pm »

Matt hon I'm sorry, I've lost count of the number of friends I've lost in the past few years and it hurts. You deserve better, its HIS loss and you'll always have us  Smiley
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 2:11pm »

Cry Cry Cry
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
kimmiedawn81
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stuck in the middle with you!

kimmiedawn8199   kimmiedawn21

« Reply #3 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 2:33pm »

Matt, I've noticed the same thing about one person that I thought was my best friend.  I've realized though that sometimes you have to "break up" with friends.  Sometimes that's just how it goes, but I totally understand what you're going through.
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 3:54pm »

Sorry about that Matt.  

Look in on him from time to time though. I lost one several years ago and finally reconnected through his wife. He has depression from hell and until he takes his pills, not a lot can be done.  

We drank a lot of Bud over the years.

Good luck Matt.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 4:07pm »

Been there, done that,

Only he never told me I found out through rumors.

The only best friends I have left are the ones here. Sorry to hear your in the same boat.

Paul

IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #6 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 4:34pm »

The day I'll say "I lost my best friend" is the day my bride dies before me, God forbid. Everyone else is second tier.

Sorry to hear of your loss, Matt. I had a friend who has travelled a similar path, except he and his wife are headed off into eternal bliss with some non-denominational church. Apparently friends from their previous life aren't welcome unless they become members.

Screw 'em.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
alienspacebabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

yup. i am. i do. uh huh. you know it hon.

alienspacelizzie   MzClusterhead
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 12:40am »

It hurts like hell when you lose a really good friend. Sorry you're going through this....
IP Logged

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 10:40am »

This happened to me as well after my Mother passed away.  Between having to make the final arrangements, having 2 brothers and a nephew staying with me and the kids in my small 2 bedroom apartment, and my head exploding on regular basis, I guess my best friend Sue was a bit put off that I wasn't on the phone to her seeking her shoulder, and keeping her informed of all the plans.  I put the notice in the paper..all she needed to do was read it, I had my hands pretty well full.

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
B14CK5H33P
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Circa '92

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 1:55pm »

I've lost some friends over the years. I've gained a few great friends as well.
Recently, I had to kick an old friend to the curb who did nothing but make me miserable and tear me down constantly. THAT is not a friend. That is a target for a boot to the ass out the door - and he pushed me too far one day and got it.

I'm sorry for how you feel though. I have lost some friends and it hurt alot so I can relate.

Stay Hard,
Carl D
IP Logged

My show is Sundays from 7pm - 1am eastern on www.wildbunchradio.com

Reality Is For Those Who Lack Imagination - Ken Olsen (R.I.P.)
Won't give up it wants me dead, Goddamn this noise inside my head -NIN
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 2:39pm »

Matt, I, too am sorry.  FOR HIM.  He lost a true friend.

Quote:
wish I was up to doing the drive

Too bad he couldn't have taken the effort to come visit YOU.

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Tata

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 3:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I don't know you Matt, but I know exactly what you're going through. I had a best friend for over 20 years and we've totally drifted apart--some of it my fault, some of it hers. No matter what happens, when it ends it hurts. I contacted her recently because she's having major health problems--but it will never be the same. But maybe that's OK--relationships change and evolve, just like the rest of our lives do. Reach out to him when you feel up to it. Maybe it won't be exactly the same, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I hope everything works out for you. Take care.....
IP Logged
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 4:40pm »

Matt,

It hurts to lose a good friend, especially someone who you considered to be the best friend.  

Remember, nothing in life remains the same.  Everything is always changing and evolving.  This does not excuse your friend, but it's just life.

Take the high road.  Swallow your hurt, and wish him well in his marriage.  Don't count on him to be there for you should you need him in the future, but don't burn the bridge either.  Who know what the future may bring?

We may not be your best friends, but we are your friends, and we're always here for you.

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 10:23pm »

WAHHHH, people leave your life....get use to it, damn it!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 11:05pm »

sorry Matt...  

jonny..... sheesh... cut the guy some slack...not everyone has a billion and one friends like you...love ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Mattrf
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Thank god for my wife and kids who keep me alive.

Mattrf  
Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:11am »

on Dec 21st, 2006, 10:23pm, Jonny wrote:
WAHHHH, people leave your life....get use to it, damn it!

Thanks Ree.

Jonny it's crap like this that people talk about when they say where's the compassion here. I normally like your input but dam dude if you don't have anything nice to say to a brother in pain that is sharing pain of another kind then please shut the hell up.  
I don't normally reply to the negative posts but dam dude, can you be any colder at Christmas?

Ok I am done replying to negative posts so if you do it again don't expect a reply from me.

Matt
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:11am by Mattrf » IP Logged

There is no stronger a person then one who can deal with brain pain and still function.
Shedz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

OUCH UK MEMBER

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:46am »

It's never a good time to loose anyone, whether they be family or friends. We still here for ya chap thumb
IP Logged

I push my fingers into my eyes, It's the only thing that slowly stops the ache, But it's made of all the things I have to take, Jesus it never ends it just works its way inside, If the pain goes on, I AM gonna make it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xps7AM8HbjE
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 22nd, 2006, 1:46pm »

Sorry to hear Matt.  Yours is not such an uncommon stoyr among CHers.
I feel your pain.
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss