Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 3:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « A Holiday Wish »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   A Holiday Wish
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A Holiday Wish  (Read 333 times)
B14CK5H33P
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Circa '92

WWW Email

A Holiday Wish
« on: Dec 21st, 2006, 2:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be that all the children to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.  
If I had two wishes I could make this holiday season, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace. And the second would be for 30 million dollars a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account.  

You know, if I had three wishes I could make this holiday season, the first, of course, would be for all the children of the world to get together and sing, the second would be for the 30 million dollars every month to me, and the third would be for encompassing power over every living being in the entire universe.  

And if I had four wishes that I could make this holiday season, the first would be the crap about the kids definitely, the second would be for the 30 million, the third would be for all the power, and the fourth would be to set aside one month each year to have an extended 31-day orgasm, to be brought out slowly by Rosanna Arquette and that model Paulina-somebody, I can't think of her name. Of course my lovely wife can come too and she's behind me one hundred percent here, I guarantee it.

Wait a minute, maybe the sex thing should be the first wish, so if I made that the first wish, because it could all go boom tomorrow, then what do you got, y'know? No, no, the kids, the kids singing would be great, that would be nice. But wait a minute, who am I kidding? They're not going to be able to get all those kids together. I mean, the logistics of the thing is impossible, more trouble than it's worth! So -- we reorganize!

Here we go. First, the sex thing. We go with that. Second, the money. No, we got with the power second, then the money. And then the kids. Oh wait, oh jeez, I forgot about revenge against my enemies! Okay, I need revenge against all my enemies, they should die like pigs in hell! That would be my fourth wish. And, of course, my fifth wish would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace. Thank you everybody and Merry Christmas.

written by Steve Martin
IP Logged

My show is Sundays from 7pm - 1am eastern on www.wildbunchradio.com

Reality Is For Those Who Lack Imagination - Ken Olsen (R.I.P.)
Won't give up it wants me dead, Goddamn this noise inside my head -NIN
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wide open till you see God, then brake

Email

Re: A Holiday Wish
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 2:38pm »

"Grand Pa bought a rubber" Grin

IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 2:49pm »

If I had one wish I'd wish for 10 more wishes. At wish number 10 I'd wish for 10 more. Repeat.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #3 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 3:03pm »

If they granted you only one wish,  
would you ask for something,  
like another chance? - Steve Winwood "Low Spark of High Heeled Boys"

Is there a better piano intro in all of music?
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 3:57pm »

on Dec 21st, 2006, 3:03pm, seasonalboomer wrote:

nope  

IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #5 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 4:21pm »

on Dec 21st, 2006, 3:03pm, seasonalboomer wrote:

No, but it's predicated on the outstanding rhythm track behind Winwood by Ric Grech and Jim Gordon, allowing for all the wonderful syncopation in the piano.

Steve Winwood was only like 22 or 23 when he recorded this album.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss