Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 8:20pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Evening in ER..... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Evening in ER.....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Evening in ER.....  (Read 683 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Evening in ER.....
« on: Dec 21st, 2006, 9:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Caleb got smart this afternoon and decided to Pull a lawn chair home with his four-wheeler. Since he didn't have (his words) a trailer hitch, he just held on to the chair and started home dragging it. Wellll.. seems there was some prutruding object between where he was and the house. The chair caugh on it, pulled him off and he got banged up. His wrist is "maybe" broken (they have to wait till tomorrow for the radiologist to READ the damn x-ray (give me a break!!), but the doc thinks it may just be a little bruised - maybe. They put a splint on it and told us if he could move it in the morning don't worry about it, but if he couldn't then we needed to see a otho guy.  

But THEY couldn't do anything tonight (it's a damn hospital isn't it -- call someone who can).  

Anyhow he told me that he wasn't going to school tomorrow cause his arm was hurt and that I'd have to wait on him till it got well.  

This is wonderful.... Christmas coming, trying to move in the new house and Caleb with a "maybe" broken wrist. My days just get better and better.  

PF night to all of you. I'm going to bed now...

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

DonnaHar

Email

Re: Evening in ER.....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 9:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I've had a broken wrist and could move it in a certain direction, and I knew a mail carrier who walked for three months on a broken ankle, so I don't believe the tale about if you can move it, it ain't broken.

Then again, I had a sprained ankle and couldn't put any pressure on it at all, let alone walk on it.

I'd see that ortho guy anyway.
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 10:38pm »

on Dec 21st, 2006, 9:56pm, DonnaHar wrote:
Then again, I had a sprained ankle and couldn't put any pressure on it at all, let alone walk on it.

True, tearing many ligaments on one side gives you no support, is slow to heal, and swelling is outragous if you walk on it.

In junior high I fell on my wrist pole vaulting.  Never got it looked at but I know it was damn useless for couple weeks.  
  Some things are very painful and there isn't much you can do about it except to baby it awhile, badly bruised ribs being another you're familiar with Barbie.  
Hope none of them little bones in there are disrupted for the little guy either.    

Lots of granny kisses and hugs for Caleb.  Getting dressed will be one toughy for him, innovative teeth brushing, lots adjustments for awhile Barb and try not to bump it, difficult for a little kid.

Being a kid is tough Caleb.    Wink

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2006, 10:53pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 22nd, 2006, 12:21am »

on Dec 21st, 2006, 9:49pm, BarbaraD wrote:
Caleb got smart this afternoon and decided to Pull a lawn chair home with his four-wheeler. Since he didn't have (his words) a trailer hitch, he just held on to the chair and started home dragging it.

Caleb, life is filled with lessons.  Today's lesson was: "Don't drag a lawn chair behind a four-wheeler with your arm."  

There will be many more.  
 Wink

Best,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 22nd, 2006, 5:06am »

Oh boy Barb!
Barney broke his arm while Carrie and I were on our way to Stonehenge of all places and it was banged up to above the elbow in a cast by the time Matt got here.
2 days after Matt left Barney decided to go jumping on a trampoline (as 11 yr olds DO) and broke his cast.  
How many mothers get to go to the hospital with a kid with a broken cast huh? I'm just "lucky" I guess  Roll Eyes

Either way, it sounds like the fun with Caleb is only just beginning, I'd recommend a straight jacket for him until all is heeled, call it his "Houdini" Christmas pressie LOL

IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 22nd, 2006, 5:32am »

on Dec 22nd, 2006, 12:21am, georgej wrote:

Caleb, life is filled with lessons.  Today's lesson was: "Don't drag a lawn chair behind a four-wheeler with your arm."  

There will be many more.  
 Wink

Best,

George

Yeah, know what you mean... He ALSO knows that the potato peeler will CUT your finger if you don't do it like Granny says.... (only required a small bandaid).  

His parents are "paranoid" that he's going to get hurt (poor baby), but his Dad doesn't remember how many times we graced the ER when he was that age (Bud actually BIT a hole in his tongue one night and he's got so many stitches in his head I lost count years ago). He's JUST a 5 year old who won't take anyone's word for anything -- has to see for himself - stubborn to a fault.  

I like the idea of the straight jacket... Maybe till he's 40? My hair is gettin' grayer and grayer.  Cheesy

Hugs BD

IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 22nd, 2006, 3:03pm »

praying Caleb is doing ok ,sis...I would have freaked out...Tristan is such a dare devil he scares me alot.  WIshing all of you a  MErry CHristmas.  Thanks for the beautiful card. smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 22nd, 2006, 4:27pm »

What a deal. Rats.  

Damned ER Doctor should be able to tell. They're just covering their collective asses.

Hang on and have a good day anyway.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss