Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 4:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Talk about a white Christmas after all? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Talk about a white Christmas after all?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Talk about a white Christmas after all?  (Read 570 times)
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Talk about a white Christmas after all?
« on: Dec 22nd, 2006, 5:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, it's finally snowing here in the greater Central WI area, and after 2 days of rain, the roads are now ice under VERY heavy and wet snow cover that makes stopping damn near impossible.  In the span of just 2 intersections, I was almost rear ended once, and the very next one I almost rear ended a Hummer. If I had 1/2 inch between us thats being generous.  

I think snow like this, the big heavy wet flakes is darn pretty...as long as I can stay inside and not have to drive in it.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Talk about a white Christmas after all?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22nd, 2006, 7:09pm »

Well in south central wi we are still dreaming of a white christmas and are getting nothing but rain. Undecided  Nice to know someone is getting the pretty white stuff around here.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Fredmyyster
New Board Old Timer
USA 

SK8 2 Live !

Fredmyyster  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 22nd, 2006, 8:32pm »

Well i wont EVEN talk bout shoppin all day in shorts and a T..........    
  Wish you were here   Grin
IP Logged

Have pump will travel...
Will work for Pools.
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 22nd, 2006, 9:08pm »

Well the snow is so wet and heavy, that the power is flickering on and off...  
Just waiting for it to go out all together...
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 22nd, 2006, 9:13pm »

Quote:
almost rear ended a Hummer.

Good Lord, I can hear the lawyers now (glad they missed getting a nice settlement from you)  

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 22nd, 2006, 9:22pm »

You and me both Linda...I was on my way to pick the kids up from their Dad's.  I pulled into the parking lot of the University, called and said I'd appreciate if the ex would be willing to drive tonight, but if not, I'd come in the morning when the roads are cleared.  My heart was in my throat.  

He agreed to drop the kids off, and the kids said he was sliding all over too.  Least he got them here in one piece.

I get real paranoid in this kind of weather when driving.
IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Find joy in your day

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 23rd, 2006, 9:33am »

Green and brown Southeastern Wisconsin chiming in . . . . no white in sight!

We had 11 inches of snow a couple of weeks ago but it's melted and it's durn ugly now!
IP Logged

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter. ~Author Unknown
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23rd, 2006, 9:38am »

As of 10PM last night the news was reporting 8600 homes without power on the other end of town, and on the north side here, the power had gone off and on alot, and flickers between times, but it hasn't gone off totally.  I haven't heard if the power is back on the south side yet.  

White Christmas Brings Along Winter Nightmare  
Reporter: Jeff Thelen

Several inches of wet heavy snow fell on NorthCentral Wisconsin Friday (12/21/06) fulfilling dreams of a white Christmas.  

However, it also brought hundreds of accidents and took electricity from thousands.

Sheriff's deputies in Marathon County say they responded to an estimated 100 to 200 accidents after the snow started falling and streets got slippery on Friday. All off duty deputies were called in and those already working were kept on duty well beyond their regular shift.

Portage and Lincoln Counties report dozens of accidents as well.

The wet heavy snow also brought down countless trees and branches, many of them into power lines.

Up to 8600 people were without electricity Friday night in Stevens Point, 2900 in Wausau and 845 in Rhinelander. Workers were dispatched to restore the juice, but a Wisconsin Public Service spokeswoman said, depending upon the weather, it could be as late as Saturday afternoon before the juice was all restored.

to add: the news story
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2006, 9:49am by Redd » IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Find joy in your day

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:37am »

on Dec 23rd, 2006, 9:38am, Redd715 wrote:

The wet heavy snow also brought down countless trees and branches, many of them into power lines.

Up to 8600 people were without electricity Friday night in Stevens Point, 2900 in Wausau and 845 in Rhinelander. Workers were dispatched to restore the juice, but a Wisconsin Public Service spokeswoman said, depending upon the weather, it could be as late as Saturday afternoon before the juice was all restored.

Time to call FEMA for your $2000 debit card.  I'll round up Movie stars and talking heads to have a fundraiser concert/telethon for you.  Has the Governor done a fly over yet?  Call from the President?

LOL.

See the Storm in San Diego thread to see how this got started . . . .
IP Logged

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter. ~Author Unknown
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:52am »

County Emergency government just cut into the Cable broadcast to state that there are now over 20,000 residents without power in our county.  

They are opening the highschool for an emergency shelter for these people.  No power means no heat for so many people.

The highschool is in walking distance from my apartment in case things get worse.

IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss