Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 10:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « My baby girl is getting dental surgery.. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   My baby girl is getting dental surgery..
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My baby girl is getting dental surgery..  (Read 1948 times)
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

My baby girl is getting dental surgery..
« on: Dec 27th, 2006, 6:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

today!  I could use some well wishes for her as well as me and my worry!!!  My poor baby is only 5 and "luckily" inherited me and my family's genes for soft teeth!
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
Dape
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Great_Britain 

WHY BOTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Re: My baby girl is getting dental surgery..
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27th, 2006, 6:31am »

Hi Taraann,

We have the same problem with my son josh and he had to have surgery to have 5 teeth removed, i was terrified but everthing went ok. I am sure that all will go well for your daughter and she will be happier afterwards with out this small problem.

All the best for you both.

Dape
IP Logged

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ???
Well i used to Sad
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 27th, 2006, 6:41am »

Grin Grin GrinGood vibes on the way, don't worry, most Dentest that cater to kids have a protocol that leaves the little ones at ease, Just stock up on Pudding and Jello or Ice cream for the few days of discomfort that will follow the procedure.  My baby just had to have her Gall Bladder taken out a month ago so I understand you fears. Of course shes 22 year old!  Lol
        We have been blessed with good health for all of the 6 Grandkids, and number 7 will arrive in June! Pappy
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2006, 6:41am by sailpappy » IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27th, 2006, 6:46am »

How was the pain for Josh afterwards Dape?  And the amt. of healing time?

Sailpappy... congrats on the upcoming new arrival!  aww to hold a new baby!

Antoinette also grinds her teeth badly in her sleep (like her mommy) and that just has made bad matters worse.  2 of her back molars have broken off and quite a few of her other teeth are "rotting" from the inside out (for lack of better words at the moment.  My kids get a TON of calcium, they love milk, cheese, yogurt, etc...  It was so shocking to know she has teeth that are apparently good but truly are not (xrays dont lie Undecided )
IP Logged

Dape
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Great_Britain 

« Reply #4 on: Dec 27th, 2006, 7:05am »

Hi Tara,

I wont lie to you, he was in a lot of pain when he came round from the surgery and every breath he took seemed to increase the pain for about an hour but after that it started to get easier for him and about 3 hours later he had a small bowl of jelly.

It only took him a few days to get back to his old self and it was a few weeks before he could eat or drink anything too cold but the difference in him was visible straight away.

Dape
IP Logged

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ???
Well i used to Sad
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 27th, 2006, 7:13am »

Dape...

Aw ok, good to know.  I was planning on getting some banana's and berries to make smoothie's for her.  I'm just so nervous!  She's excited (she has no IDEA, she just thinks she gets to be queen for a day and earn a sticker or a balloon by being "tough as nails"Wink She get's happy to get immunization shots cause she gets a sticker and a cool pencil after.  But man, the poor thing has no clue that with a shot the sting is gone right away but with a dentist it lingers on and on.
IP Logged

Cathi04
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: My baby girl is getting dental surgery..Hey, T
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27th, 2006, 7:28am »

Hey, TA! Ok, hon, you're scared, but please don't project that on Toni! Drs have such skill, a lot of the "old procedures" we related to with pain, no longer have any attached at all! I hope all goes well today, and all your fears are in vain!

Cathi
IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

Re: My baby girl is getting dental surgery..Hey, T
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27th, 2006, 7:42am »

on Dec 27th, 2006, 7:28am, Cathi04 wrote:
Hey, TA! Ok, hon, you're scared, but please don't project that on Toni! Drs have such skill, a lot of the "old procedures" we related to with pain, no longer have any attached at all! I hope all goes well today, and all your fears are in vain!

Cathi

Oh I know ... That's the thing the kids think mommy is fearless (from their perspective daddy is the one that has fears and such) I never project my fears onto the kids atleast 99% of the time and to day will not be an exeption.

IP Logged

Dape
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Great_Britain 

« Reply #8 on: Dec 27th, 2006, 7:43am »

Just thought of another thing, don't panic if she tends to bleed after eating and drinking, Josh did for several days and i must admit i panicked and took him to see the Dr.  
He told me it was normal even with soft foods and just to keep rinsing his mouth with slightly warm water.
They may suggest ice cream but if i was you i wouldn't let her near it for at least 2 weeks.

It sounds like you have a very brave daughter if she is also clever keep your eyes open for the "oh i cant eat that it hurts my mouth, cant i have ice cream" as they soon work that one out  Grin

Dape
IP Logged

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ???
Well i used to Sad
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 27th, 2006, 1:39pm »

Ok Mom, take it easy.

She's going to be fine.  If you have a good dentist, who is well versed in treating children, she will have much more fun than you do.  She won't feel a thing during the procedures, and afterwards, I highly recommend popsicles!

We went through massive dental work on my youngest daughter who was born with a very small lower jaw, and an upper jaw that was not much bigger.  When her baby teeth started coming in, they were literally sideways.  Her permanent teeth started coming in, and there was no room.  Her pediatric dentist pulled permanent teeth, surgically cut out permanent teeth, to make space.  All in all, she had 11 teeth removed, eventually braces, and now, at age 27 has a beautiful, even smile.

After the surgery, give her the popsicles, ice cream, frozen fuit juice cubes.  She will bounce back so quickly - kids are much more resiliant than their parents.

Best of luck, Mom.  You are the one that's going to need it.

Sandy

PS.  This began when she was 4 years old, and she loved her dentist.

« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2006, 1:41pm by Sandy_C » IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #10 on: Dec 27th, 2006, 2:43pm »

I, too, have had 11 teeth pulled on the way to a brighter smile (if it weren't for all the tetracycline I took as a kid, which discolors the teeth). Baby teeth, permanent teeth poised to replace them, wisdom teeth, 4 years' worth of braces. None of it considered to be oral surgery. It started in the 5th grade, and I asked my mom to be there when they started pulling. As soon as they started cranking on the first one she turned white as a ghost and had to leave the room.

Honest to God, I harbor no ill will toward the dentist who did it. The orthodontist, on the other hand, was a vile creature.

She'll be fine, Tara. Usually children's tylenol, combined with frozen treats, will keep the pain to a minimum. And she'll be back to practically normal in a matter of days. We'll all be pullin' for y'all.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 27th, 2006, 6:05pm »

Hope all goes well. Kids are tougher than we know sometimes. Everything "works" at that age. No glitches in the old recuperatory systems.  

Quote:
I, too, have had 11 teeth pulled on the way to a brighter smile (if it weren't for all the tetracycline I took as a kid, which discolors the teeth).

Me too. (no teeth pulled because of it though) I took tons of it and have gray teeth. One doctor thought I chewed tobacco.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 28th, 2006, 6:19am »

Hang in there, TA  Kiss
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Tata

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 28th, 2006, 8:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Oh, that poor kid--I hope she's doing well. Wouldn't it be easier if we could just take their pain and have it instead of them? You guys will definitely be in my prayers.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss