Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 8:12pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 3 page letter »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2007 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   3 page letter
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 3 page letter  (Read 325 times)
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

3 page letter
« on: Jan 10th, 2007, 3:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just got it from my last doc that is quitting his practice.....and the letter explained why he is leaveing along with several others and WHY and WHAT is goin on....and that more will leave in the future ! Seems our new branch of the Cleveland Clinic that moved into town is shoveing family docs OUT for one thing.....we have this nice brand new 'health point' facility next to my docs clinic I go to that has PT and you name it.....lots of stuff for theropy and stayin fit and programs for health stuff or fitness programs too. Real nice building and place... and my docs clinic next door is a spin off our hospital too. He also mentiond Ohio bein one of the worst states for starting and maintaining a private practice. He went on to say malpractice ins should run 6 to 8 thousand but here it is about 44 thousand !!!?? I heard my new new newest doc that took over at the private clinic I got to (there are two new ones actually AGAIN) will probly only stay 4 years then the pressure will be on. Guess they have a 4 yr contract rite now to ride out but alot of politics to deal with also with the Cleveland Clinic. CC doesn't want us useing our own town facilities....if you BOW DOWN and go to them they will see you for one or two visits then 'send you off' to the BIG CLINIC in Cleveland that is a long long drive in terrible traffic and highways and a bad neighborhood to booT. Plus if you need PT you have to go to there facility in Cleveland 2 to 3 times a week and also to pick up meds if they can't call them in. So all in all you spend alot of time in Cleveland.....NOT a place I want to go or be. Nor do I want to get caught up into that gauntlet of docs. They send you to there docs for every little thing verses one like now with our town private docs. How come this is  happening !!!???? These private town docs are takeing hospital jobs mostly out of town or state. They say it is impossible to continue a private practice in Ohio period let alone fight the CC docs in our town. I like stayin in my own town Pam  

My doc leaveing sudgested patients try to stay with the new docs moveing into his old clinic and not fall for the CC take over. But when you have alot of issues it makes it hard to keep starting over and over and over again and HOPE the next doc continues with you and what works and meds !!!!! It is startin to freak me out !!!!! What is goin on ????????????????????
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2007, 3:40pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: 3 page letter
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10th, 2007, 4:14pm »

Pam I am so sorry you are going through this stuff.  It isn't fair.  However it does sound like if you get one of the new drs(ask for one) that they will be around for 4 years at least.  So that don't sound to bad.  I just hope and pray you can get a new dr that sticks around based on his contract.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

Re: 3 page letter
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10th, 2007, 4:53pm »

I am goin to one of the new new new docs at the private clinic and I met him once and really liked him and he is goin to keep up with meds and stuff as far as I know or so he said.......but.........the thing about all this is.........I don't think it is goin to just be a crisis in MY TOWN........I think this is goin to start happening all over with big clinic take overs into small towns shoveing private docs OUT. And of course these big clinics have there own BASE they end up sending 'everyone' after one or two local town or home town visits........and.......they won't allow you to use your own PT facilities ect ect in your own town. You will have to use THERE'S that are at the main biggest base'd clinic and they also make you use there facility for MRI's and exrays and tests....NOT your convieneint local yockle places. And since the docs we met and get to like that are new of course end up at hospitals all over the state or out of state cuz they can't afford there own practice cuz of ins and the big clinics pressureing them with politics out of town. So we can't even follow the docs we like to there own new places. And why is Ohio the worst with ins issues I wonder and does it have sumthin to do with the big takeover clinics like Cleveland Clinic ? CC is starting new branches in small towns.....then takeing over and sending patients to there main branch after a visit or two and for tests ect ect ect. Only in America Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss