Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 5:15pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone wanna argue???? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2007 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone wanna argue????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone wanna argue????  (Read 1624 times)
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

Re: Anyone wanna argue????
« Reply #25 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 8:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 17th, 2007, 12:47pm, vietvet2tours wrote:
I'm against the death penalty.  I think they should hire jonny to weld all of the death row inmates in their cells.  Ya die in there  Sorry bout yer luck.

Potter

Perfect. Suits me fine so long as they get stuck eating no better or worse than the rest. I hate the death penalty....misnomer as well.

Someone somewhere, said that it might be nice to allow the survivors to come in and beat the shit out of the convict several times a year.  Shocked

Charlie
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2007, 8:16pm by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
chewy

Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 8:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
How about "Thou Shall Not Kill" ?

How about "An Eye For an Eye" ?
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #27 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 9:42pm »

on Dec 17th, 2007, 8:12pm, chewy wrote:

How about "An Eye For an Eye" ?

Or even "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and unto God what is God's."

*And that's NEW Testament stuff.
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2007, 9:49pm by Brew » IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #28 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 9:52pm »

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...Ghandi
 Wink
thebb
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2007, 9:54pm by thebbz » IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #29 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 9:56pm »

on Dec 17th, 2007, 9:52pm, thebbz wrote:
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...Ghandi
 Wink
thebb

I don't remember Ghandi claiming to speak the word of God.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 10:01pm »

Dont know about all that brew, I was just throwin gas on the fire Grin
thebb Grin
edit:I am Christian I am Muslim I am Jew...Ghandi
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2007, 10:02pm by thebbz » IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 7:07am »

And what about Charles Manson? How much has it cost to keep him in prison? And how much damage has he done while BEHIND bars? And he STILL comes up for parole periodically - gets denied, but still comes up for it because of the damn law. He was paroled when he went on his killing spree last time.....  

Back when I was in school we learned that when someone was convicted they lost their civil rights, yet today the ACLU gets into it and tries to give them MORE civil rights than most of us (law abiding citizens) have. Victims have lost THEIR rights.  

Ok, you want to give them life without parole - put 'em to work - take away the frills in the prisons (no TV - no playrooms - no frills at all). They work 12 hours a day and prisons become self-supporting so our tax money doesn't have to go to take care of them. We shouldn't have to PAY for their crimes. Let 'em grow their own food, raise their own meat (cows, pigs), do their own laundry, etc.  

Prisons are not a place to "reform" criminals - it's a place of "punishment" for their crimes. Unfortunately someone has forgotten that and screams "cruel and unhumane punishment" (mainly the ACLU). Well, what the hell did they do to their victims? The ACLU needs to get behind VICTIMS rights instead of the criminals.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

jimmers
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hello GOD! The gene pool needs some chlorine!

« Reply #32 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 7:59am »

on Dec 17th, 2007, 8:07pm, Melissa wrote:
I know how to solder, does that count??

If you going to make stained glass windows for their prison cells Grin

There shouldn't be "Death Row"

There should be "Death Week!"
IP Logged

I don't suffer from INSANITY; I'm enjoying every minute of it!
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #33 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 8:05am »

on Dec 18th, 2007, 7:07am, BarbaraD wrote:
The ACLU needs to get behind VICTIMS rights instead of the criminals.

Though a rather nominal fee in comparison when convicted, along with court costs, fines, supervision fees (probation), there is a CVRF fee for victim relief fund.  I don't know who established it or what it goes for though.  

You're right though, very nominal and improportioned in comparison to some crimes.
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2007, 8:19am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #34 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 9:22am »

on Dec 17th, 2007, 8:07pm, Melissa wrote:
I know how to solder, does that count??

Hey, we can teach you to weld in no time!

As far as being self-supporting, if I'm not mistaken, Angola State Prison (right here in Louisiana) is almost completely self-supporting.  It is also the largest prison in the US.  Escape from Angola is really not much of an option either, considering it's surrounded on three sides by the MS river.  Of LSP's inmates, 86% are violent offenders.  Fifty-two percent (52%) of the inmate population are serving a life sentence and will never be released from prison.  There are currently 84 male inmates at LSP and 1 woman inmate at Louisiana Correctional Institute for Women on Louisiana's Death Row.

I believe Parchman State Penitentiary in MS is fairly self supporting...

During FY 2006, inmates worked a total of 716,160 hours in the agricultural program.  
 Inmates planted approximately 1,620 acres of vegetables, 360 acres of rice, 2500 acres of soybeans, and 1,220 acres of corn.  
 During FY 2006, 89,520 inmate man-days were expended.  
 During FY 2006, 4,141,381 pounds of vegetables were harvested.  
 The swine operation weaned 806 litters averaging 7.99 pigs per litter with 6,439 weaned.  
 Feeder hogs marketed totaled 5,159 for $583,603.98.  
 The breeding herd received 253 raised gilts into the herd.  
 The current inventory for breeding, farrowing, nursery, and finishing is 4,449.  
 There were 640,050 dozen eggs produced ($360,842 cash value).  

Of course we could take the worst offenders and put them in ADX in Colorado.

I remember watching a show on the prison system in the US, where they showed the 10 worst prisons to be incarcerated in (not the lack of care, but witht he worst of the prison pop), and ADX was at the top.  Angola was in there too.

Here's a partial list of some of the *guests* at ADX prison.

Ted KACZYNSKI, the unibomber, Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, Eric Rudolph, ZACARIAS MOUSSAOUI, RICHARD REID, and other various and assorted criminals.  Most prisoners don't come to ADX when first convicted, they make it there because other prisons cannot handle them.

Oh and I forgot Pelican Bay in California.
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2007, 9:27am by deltadarlin » IP Logged

If it weren't for the gutter, y mind would be homeless.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v123/tribander_3/

You pretend to pay me, I pretend to work.

Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

« Reply #35 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 10:29am »

Timothy McVeigh was put to death in 2001. Rightfully so.

B
IP Logged

"Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime."

Eventus stultorum magister.
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #36 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 10:46am »

Carolyn,

I like your statitics and think LA has the right idea. Now if we could teach the idea to the rest of the prisons.... Unfortunately Texas still hasn't gotten that idea... I don't have the stats handy but it "costs" way too much to support one prisoner for one day. More than it would on the outside. Some of them have it better on the inside. Great deterient to crime!  

is that one in CO the one with the concrete cots? I saw something on TV about that. Economical, won't rust, won't have to be replaced - not a bad idea....
IP Logged

Monty

Email

« Reply #37 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 10:47am »

on Dec 18th, 2007, 10:29am, Racer1_NC wrote:
Timothy McVeigh was put to death in 2001. Rightfully so.

B

I have no doubt that McVeigh was involved, and that the death penalty is a fitting punishment for that.  I find it rather strange that his execution was carried out so quickly - there are still major questions about who (other than Terry Nichols) may have been involved.  

If you want to reduce the costs of the prison system, how about ending the 'war' on drugs?  Why should pot-heads and people with cancer that want medical mary jane be locked up?  I don't think they pose a threat to society.

« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2007, 10:50am by Monty » IP Logged
Maffumatt

Email

« Reply #38 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 1:00pm »

Its not hard to stay off Death Row. I's a personal choice of mine not to kill anyone or rape a kid under 6 years of age.
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #39 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 1:40pm »

Quote:
Ya get oatmeal an toast fer breakfast 365.  B'loney sanky fer lunch 365.  Fer dinner we got critter burgers, or  critterloaf and I do mean critter 365.  All the water ya want tho.

Crap!!!!  I've been in prison for the last 25 years and didn't even know it!

"Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man."  Gen. 9:6
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2007, 1:48pm by Bob P » IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Paul98

Email

« Reply #40 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 3:14pm »

Gary Leon Ridgway, Randy Steven Kraft, John Wayne Gacy, David Berkowitz, Jeffery Dahmer, Ted Bundy...

Throw the switch and get rid of these types of people.  The death penalty is not a deterrent, it is an absolute.  

They absolutely will not harm anyone again.

-P.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

Email

« Reply #41 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 9:36pm »

on Dec 18th, 2007, 7:07am, BarbaraD wrote:
And what about Charles Manson? How much has it cost to keep him in prison? And how much damage has he done while BEHIND bars? And he STILL comes up for parole periodically - gets denied, but still comes up for it because of the damn law. He was paroled when he went on his killing spree last time.....  

Back when I was in school we learned that when someone was convicted they lost their civil rights, yet today the ACLU gets into it and tries to give them MORE civil rights than most of us (law abiding citizens) have. Victims have lost THEIR rights.  

Ok, you want to give them life without parole - put 'em to work - take away the frills in the prisons (no TV - no playrooms - no frills at all). They work 12 hours a day and prisons become self-supporting so our tax money doesn't have to go to take care of them. We shouldn't have to PAY for their crimes. Let 'em grow their own food, raise their own meat (cows, pigs), do their own laundry, etc.  

Prisons are not a place to "reform" criminals - it's a place of "punishment" for their crimes. Unfortunately someone has forgotten that and screams "cruel and unhumane punishment" (mainly the ACLU). Well, what the hell did they do to their victims? The ACLU needs to get behind VICTIMS rights instead of the criminals.  

Hugs BD

We try not to kill psychotics is all.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #42 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 7:51am »

Ok, Charlie -- they kill someone - they get off because of "Mental Defect" - get to go to a Mental Facility until such time as they're fit to be put back in society (maybe 6 months or so). Get released - get off meds - go back out and kill someone else. How MANY times has this happened? Excuse: Well, they should have stayed on their meds. Duh?  

Somehow this just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. But in most states (all for all I know) you can't convict someone who commited a crime when they were mentally defective.  

All in all, there are way too many loopholes in our legal system to get criminals off and we're headed for more and more 'frontier judgice" and people taking the law into thier own hands because the "law" won't protect them.  

« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2007, 7:53am by BarbaraD » IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #43 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 8:16am »

on Dec 19th, 2007, 7:51am, BarbaraD wrote:
they kill someone - they get off because of "Mental Defect" - get to go to a Mental Facility until such time as they're fit to be put back in society (maybe 6 months or so). Get released - get off meds - go back out and kill someone else. How MANY times has this happened?

Barb, six months???   Grin

No, even for less than murder, as a threat and until determined not, I've seen eight years.  Inside there are still problems, you just don't see them, meds aren't consistently effective but they can do well enough for long whiles.
  However, even with eight years, being released due to state mental health cuts and still taking meds can mean a lot of possible serious trouble.  

We release prisoners here too though by the hundreds because of overcrowding and some have again gone on to very serious crimes, and including murder.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2007, 8:31am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #44 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 8:20am »

That gives one more reason to thin the heard! Grin

Mike
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

Email

« Reply #45 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 10:12pm »

Everybody knows that you don't return Albert DeSalvo, Charles Manson, and the Jeffery Daumers of the world back into to society. You just don't kill them for things over which they have no control. It's unsatisfactory but it's what western and the vast majority of societies do.  

Charlie

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #46 on: Dec 20th, 2007, 8:28am »

But the bad part, Charlie, was that Manson, WAS released back into society AFTER telling the parole board NOT to release him because he would commit more crimes. They went right ahead and let him out and he went right ahead and did those horrendous things.  

That tells me he's not crazy -- he's just BAD.  

And what's even worse - our prison systems have to PROTECT these monsters while they're in prison - at an extra cost to the taxpayers. Can't let the other prisoners at 'em. See what happened to Daumer when we let him in General Population? Gotta protect these others.... BS!!!!  

Ok, I've got another solution, if ya don't want to put them to sleep. Work them to death. Put them in a enclosed yard with a BIG rock with a little pick axe (a small one) and let them chop the rock into little pieces - 12-14 hours a day would be good). If the area is enclosed a guard wouldn't be necessary - solitary is good.  

Instead of sitting in a cell all day reading magaizines, watching TV and whatever - let 'em WORK all day at hard labor 7 days a week. Give 'em a quota of rock to chop in a day and if they don't reach the quota - let 'em work overtime. Make 'em wish they were dead.
IP Logged

Maffumatt

Email

« Reply #47 on: Dec 20th, 2007, 12:44pm »

People are animals, and those people are no different than a rabid dog. Its the humane thing to do. Hows that for an argument for evolution?
IP Logged
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #48 on: Dec 20th, 2007, 2:01pm »

I am with ya, Barb!  100%.

Back in the "olden" days, DNA testing either didn't exist, or was still in it's infancy and considered unreliable.

Well, now we know that DNA testing can either eliminate, or prove that somebody did something, or didn't do something, with pretty darned good accuracy.  Not 100%, but pretty darned close.

Here's my thoughts.

OK, we have a vile, brutal murder. The first thing the cops do is DNA testing on both the vic and the accused perp.  DNA testing will show one of four things.

1.  He didn't do it - not possible - % match too low to convict.
2.  He might have done it - not sure, % match too low, but there are some similarities.
3.  He probably did it - but also not sure, % match very high but not 99%.
4.  He absolutely did it - 99% match.

At trial, the perp gets convicted.  

1 & 2,  No death penalty, as many appeals, re-trials as possible.
3.   Death penalty sentence with as many appeals, re-trials as possible.
4. Death penalty.  One appeal, if that fails, immediate execution.

Just my 1.23 cents.

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

« Reply #49 on: Dec 20th, 2007, 5:19pm »

Prisoners under Communist regime dont get any benefit. They have to work 12 hours a day doing hard labour in exchange for 3 meals, no work no food. There is no entertainment of any type. No TV, no books ( only newspapers ) and they stay in the most primitive cells. If they try to escape, they will be shot on sight, no question asked. If they get sick and die then its bad luck. There is no such thing as parole.  

Is that what we want in here too ?  

IP Logged

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Arthur Conan Doyle
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss