Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 12:47pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Teliban marketers »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2007 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Teliban marketers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Teliban marketers  (Read 439 times)
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

Teliban marketers
« on: Dec 17th, 2007, 2:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

How does that work.......how do they get the jobs of sales reps for repitable business's as far as phone calls for sales goin on or for promotions or billing issues ? I am FED UP with them.....would like to set there turbans on fire.......arghhhhh !!! They call here and can't even speak english well enuff for us to understand what the hell they want or are saying....why would a big business hire people that can't even get there message across ? One called the other nite about  my direct tv account (I had paid it tho)....Brad could not understand a word that lady tried to say and got pissed off. Of course tho ya don't want to be RUDE to a business ya deal with, but he couldn't even understand who she was working for let alone the message she had to say. Then today a teliban dude called about puppies....at first I didn't know what he rattled off but heard sumthing about PETS. Then I heard lots of other voices in the background on other phones....he wanted to know if I had pups advertised and I wanted to know WHY....well heck I don't want to blow off potential customers either and could not understand WHY he was calling. He got quiet and then asked....do you have puppies for sale and do you want to sell them.....duh.....so I asked him if he was selling sumthing and he got quiet again.....then he said he was NOT selling anything and wonder'd why I was so rude. Then he asked the price and said it was WAY TOO LOW and I could get lots more then that if I used this other form of advertiseing.....I told him NO and hung up !!!!!! Are these people sittin in little boreing rooms with baby crap yellow walls and occational gun shot holes with sun flitering thru sitting at beat up desks cover'd in a sandy dust with old rotar dial phones calling me from the desert ???? They seem to do all the calling for Penny's and Pet Supply Plus and sum other big stores. I've had billing issues with that quick check service and had to call and got teliban types.....barely can understand them and hard to reason with. What's up with all that....course I've also had south of the border callers too reps for US companies. Are we stupid Americans for hireing them or are they smart foreigners for gettin the jobs Pam  

That guy today wanted to argue with me that I LISTEN to him and not get so pissed off....yet he WAS selling sumthing one way or the other like I thought ! He treated me like I was a dumbass for not listening !!! Got a lady sellin cancer ins the other day that told me our family WAS goin to get it....and we had better buy the ins cuz she was only tryin to help us !!!! She aruged with me when I said NO.......we just don't need one more policy to pay for !!! She would not take no for an answer.....I am getting fed up with this crap !!
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2007, 2:36pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: Teliban marketers
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 3:33pm »

Pam...um....I don't believe it is the Taliban calling you hon.  More likely outsourcing from India.  The company does it because 3rd. world countries work for a lot less money.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 3:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

LOL  Grin
IP Logged
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 3:50pm »

Pam do you have your number on the "Do Not Solicit" List?  If you do and they still call you can ask for a supervisor and their company name and get them in a lot of trouble for calling you.
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
artonio7
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Home since 11/18/06

artonio9  

« Reply #4 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 4:02pm »

5 words...

National DO NOT call list

I've been on it since it first came out and now the only unwanted call I get are the pre-recorded campaigners and poll takers and an occasional Non-Profit Organization.

(actually I kinda miss torturing the solicitors Roll Eyes )

with warm regards,
Tony
IP Logged

Hope! http://artonio7.com
CH Pain Calendar Free Download
For artwork
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 5:57pm »

on Dec 17th, 2007, 2:35pm, cootie wrote:
Are these people sittin in little boreing rooms with baby crap yellow walls and occational gun shot holes with sun flitering thru sitting at beat up desks cover'd in a sandy dust with old rotar dial phones calling me from the desert ????

crackup

Haven't gotten any phone solicitations for many a long year.  When we had a landline, it was unlisted.  We just have cell phones now, and the Taliban haven't caught up with those yet.

Great rant, though, Pam.  Wink

Best,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 8:44pm »

I think we have to renew our Do Not Call listing by April or so. I'm on it but now and then I get something. I never let them get going.  

Recently,  one of these PITA relay systems set up shop here. They hired a lot of people so they are forgiven by most of the town.   Roll Eyes

Good luck kids.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 10:51am »

Yeah we WERE on the 'don't call me list'.....I am getting TONS of them people calling. Sum call acting like there interested in pups if I have an add running and they ask how I am and lots of puppy questions....I can usually SMELL A RAT tho...but not long ago I got rude to sumone and it WAS a ligit customer so I am tryin to be cautious. We get calls daily......lots of charity pressure calls too and these people have actually been argueing with us to donate....that seems to be the new tactic. The people are so hard to understand we sumtimes NEVER figure out what they wanted and hang upand they sound teliban'ish to me ! I don't talk to them anyhow but have been caught in the wrong frame of mind and argue'd back....esp that ins sales lady that said we HAD to buy her ins and people that refer'd her to call us (Brad's busniness partner/boss) who bought it and told her they were so very worried about us and that they wanted her to call us and help us be safe. Yeah rite.....I don't think so !!!! What a pitch she had goin on and she probly called the other guys and got them to sign up cuz they THOUGHT the boss man wanted them to and was so very very concern'd. They all sound foreign to me Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Monty

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 11:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 18th, 2007, 10:51am, cootie wrote:
.....I am getting TONS of them people calling. Sum call acting like there interested in pups if I have an add running and they ask how I am and lots of puppy questions....I can usually SMELL A RAT tho...but not long ago I got rude to sumone and it WAS a ligit customer so I am tryin to be cautious....

Too funny - you crack me up!
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 11:12am »

Pam, there's a little button on the phone -- it hangs it UP.  Now wasn't that easy.. Grin

Seriously, if it sounds fishy - just hang up. I let them get to the part, "How are you today?" before I press the little button. Works every time. Since I got on the "Do Not Call List" I'm getting fewer and fewer calls. Mostly local and I just tell them I give at the first of the year and it's already earmarked for my "favorite" things. Maybe next year.  

I just don't let the telephone upset me. It's just too easy to hang up if you don't like what you're listening to.  

Hugs
No Stress BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Yorky
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

learn to meditate (or just sit & do nowt)

« Reply #10 on: Dec 20th, 2007, 6:25am »

on Dec 17th, 2007, 3:33pm, Linda_Howell wrote:

Pam...um....I don't believe it is the Taliban calling you hon.  More likely outsourcing from India.  The company does it because 3rd. world countries work for a lot less money.  
its what they call the..yellow, pink...and

green effect (honest)  

IP Logged

today is a gift.....thats why it is called the

present.
cynjeep89
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 20th, 2007, 8:48pm »

When I called Dell to order my last computer I had to keep asking the lady to keep repeating her last question because I could not understand her due to her thick Indian accent.

This video reminds me of that phone call:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmiQJo0lorg

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss