Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 2:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone here work from your home? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2007 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone here work from your home?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone here work from your home?  (Read 1290 times)
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: Anyone here work from your home?
« Reply #25 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 8:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Stay out of this Potter.  Mel and I are on a roll here.   JK

and LMAO   at the sight of Mel with 3 kids in tow...begging on the street where she lives.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 8:48pm »

ok I let you in my little secret...I do all kind of tests for mechanics, service advisors, service and parts managers and sales for car dealerships. The high: the pay is good, about $10 to $15 the hr depending of the lenght of the test and the grade I get (I make more if I get 100's) I also make more depending of the line of vehicle, MB and BMW pay more than Chrysler or Ford. The low: it is seasonal, only during certification times, that would be every 4 months or so. You also need to know someone in the field, because this is totally underground, no one is supossed to know  Wink. But I get my regular phone calls asking for my services.

I don't need to know anything about a car (I don't drive you see) but I have good memory and I can do multiple choices and math problems real good  Wink. I use my engineer skills to do these tests when I don't have any other project going on.

Hope you find something that will work for you.
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 9:19pm »

on Dec 19th, 2007, 8:48pm, Rosybabe wrote:
ok I let you in my little secret...I do all kind of mechanics, service advisors, service and parts managers and sales for car dealerships. The high: the pay is good, about $10 to $15 the hr depending of the lenght of the test and the grade I get (I make more if I get 100's)

Lips Sealed...................................... Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

cash5542
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

cash5542

« Reply #28 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 9:27pm »

My sister used to bake cheesecakes for restaurants in Maine. The health dept. came through and certified her kitchen and she said it was no big deal. It does have overhead but she had contracts and knew the money she made would pay for the supplies.  I remember a few years ago one of our students mom used to sell candy at our schools for various holidays and that worked. The bakery idea Pat had would probably be a good start too. My husband is a potter and has been working at home for almost 30 years.  There are lots of ups and downs but the best was the childcare aspect. Also we have some pretty good tax advantages. Good luck!

Charlotte
IP Logged
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #29 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 9:51pm »

My oldest stepdaughter works from home and does quite okay financially.

She does service calls for one of the natural gas companies.

It meant she had to have a decent computer with a phone nearby.

She takes service calls - people who have had their furnace quit - or they need prices on new hot water heaters - any number of problem type calls like that and then she enters it into the computer where it's dealt with by the technicians.

She only works evenings after the baby has gone to bed.

She used to also do one of the pizza places as well but it didn't pay as well so she dropped that one.

Lots of the big companies are outsourcing their service work to home workers.

Hope this is yet another thing for you to mull over.

Carol
IP Logged
jimmers
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hello GOD! The gene pool needs some chlorine!

« Reply #30 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 9:52pm »

Mel,

jonny and I will send you all of our empty beer cans, at 75 cents a pound you'd probably make about 2 grand a week! Grin

jimmers
IP Logged

I don't suffer from INSANITY; I'm enjoying every minute of it!
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 10:02pm »

OMG... and if Brian in Australia added his...you'd be rich enough to take care of everything at home...as well as send everyone here to every convention for the next Milennia.     crackup crackup
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 10:15pm »

on Dec 19th, 2007, 9:52pm, jimmers wrote:
Mel,

jonny and I will send you all of our empty beer cans, at 75 cents a pound you'd probably make about 2 grand a week! Grin

jimmers

Woot, there its is, Woot there it is....LOL. Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: Dec 20th, 2007, 12:01am »

I found it I found it.!!!    lol

Here is Rays wife's link.   If anyone wants to buy really natural products here it is:

http://shadesgarden.pastormommy.com/

Mel...you may want to e-mail her and at least ask her  about this?  huh?  maybe sorta? Kinda?

I get paid nothing for this announcement.  Trust me.   Roll Eyes

Linda  

IP Logged

writer
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #34 on: Dec 20th, 2007, 8:38pm »

You might think about boarding dogs or cats in your home.  Years ago when my son craved a dog and I was a single parent with no money to spare, I decided we would board dogs.  We did, and the money came in handy.  We operated mostly by word-of-mouth, although once I put an ad in a little local paper.

Clients in this situation provide all the food.  However, I always gave our (boarder) dogs little healthful extras when we were having things like roast beef and brown rice, etc.

Things to consider: You will need to write up something and get your potential client(s) to sign, absolving you of responsibility in case of accidents and authorizing you to take their pet to ______ animal hospital if necessary.

Your dogs should be walked at noontime.  My junior high son left school to come home and take out our boarder.  (I was employed full-time elsewhere.)

We made it a point to offer potential clients an entirely free weekend at our place BEFORE the actual boarding began.  This way the pet was not nearly so miserable when he/she came back to board with us--the (dog) had lived with us for a weekend and gotten plenty of love and pampering.  It made our later work much easier and I highly recommend it.

Interesting: we never had a dog urinate or vomit or do anything else unsociable in our house while with us.  We fell in love with each and every one and missed them when they left us.  

A bit of work, but it's all profit and love!

IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #35 on: Dec 21st, 2007, 12:46am »

on Dec 19th, 2007, 1:54pm, Melissa wrote:
I
BTW, I can't do in home daycare/babysitting due to Jesse's job,

I'm confused. Lucy, please 'splain.  Smiley
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #36 on: Dec 21st, 2007, 7:46am »

on Dec 21st, 2007, 12:46am, nani wrote:

I'm confused. Lucy, please 'splain.  Smiley

I'm betting he has to sleep during the day.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #37 on: Dec 21st, 2007, 10:02am »

For example, this week he's on 2nd, shift, next week he's on 1st shift, the following week he's on 3rd shift, so not only do I deal with that, I also have Lily's Karate commitment to stick to.

Brew is correct.  

writer- thanks for the suggestion but my husband would say a resounding no, not only that, but I'm just wanting to make a few hundred dollars to buy my camera and equipt., so something like that would be a whole different direction I don't want to go in.  Thank you for time though! Smiley
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss