Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 8:09am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I have to share this. Holiday Spirit »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2007 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I have to share this. Holiday Spirit
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I have to share this. Holiday Spirit  (Read 608 times)
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

I have to share this. Holiday Spirit
« on: Dec 21st, 2007, 3:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I finally am in the Holiday spirit.  This year was a bit tough to get into the spirit of the holidays, but something happened that has shown my husband and I that once more this was a good thing for us to move out of Vegas.  

Here at the Univ., we only get paid once a month. And I wont get my first paycheck until the 31st. So we don’t have a lot of extra money to get the kids a lot of stuff.  The kids saw at Build a Bear that they have Rudolph and Clarice, and they really want them. I had to tell the kids that they would have to wait until I got paid to get them.  

The gals I work with where talking about what we where getting our kids for Christmas yesterday morning. And I told them about Build a Bear.  I told them that my kids where great about it and that my 5 yr old even told me that it was ok if they had to wait until next year.  2 of them had left the office at lunch and where gone the rest of the day.  And I did not think anything more about it.  

So about 4 a clock last night, Megan called me into her office and handed me a piece of paper.  Here is what it said.  

Every once in a while a moment comes along to teach you something about family and love. Everyday we see those moments manifested in you.  

We are moved by how you cherish the people in your life and strive to make each moment you spend with them matter. Your children are a testament to the home you've created with your husband; they are respectful, caring funny and inspired.  

Shara is such a good sister to Cameron. It is wonderful to watch her talk to him and make sure he is included in every conversation. She is a smart girl with a maturity reaching beyond her 10 years and an enthusiasm for life that will take her far.  

Cameron is full of spunk and wonder. His imagination makes him such an endearing boy - taking every moment to learn something new and believe that anything is possible. That is something to honor and keep as long as possible.  

This is simply a gift to you and the family you've created.  You come into our lives with a smile everyday and a laugh that fills every space around you. You're a woman to be recognized and congratulated.  

Merry Christmas!

Then she handed me 2 gift cards to Build a bear, for my kids.  She told me that I had  to promise that I would not tell the kids they where from anyone but Shaun and I.  That the that we all deserved the chance to have a memorable Christmas and they wanted to help Shaun and I be able to get something special for our kids without having to worry about where the money was coming from.  

I could not help it but start to cry.  Even telling you all now, is bringing a tear to my eye.  

But this has just reinforced the reason that we brought our family here for a very good reason.  It is truly a wonderful thing to have people surprise you and show a love and caring that I greatly missed.  

May you all have a wonderful Holiday and cherish those around you.  

Tia

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2007, 4:42pm by Tiannia » IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

Re: I have to share this.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21st, 2007, 4:11pm »

on Dec 21st, 2007, 3:55pm, Tiannia wrote:
Even tell you all now, is bringing a tear to my eye.

Well add that one to my four - now we've got five tears.

What a blessing to find out in such a profound way that you're home.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2007, 4:11pm by Brew » IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

Re: I have to share this.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21st, 2007, 4:15pm »

OOh that was a beautiful thing Tia!! Clarice and Rudolph will  make a wonderful gift. Hurry to get them. We got the last ones last week at the mall near to us  Wink.
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Tiannia_L  
Email

Re: I have to share this. Holiday Spirit
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21st, 2007, 4:47pm »

We are going tonight.  

/huggs  

IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
cynjeep89
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21st, 2007, 5:07pm »

You have a bunch of great co-workers for sure but just remember, they think very highly of you.

Very cool story about all involved.
IP Logged
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #5 on: Dec 21st, 2007, 5:28pm »

Such happy tears though!  Isn't it wonderful when people truly show the spirit of the season.

Carol
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 21st, 2007, 7:31pm »

I think this is one of the loveliest things I've read. Thanks for saring Tia and a wonderful Christmas/Yule to you and yours

Helen xxx
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 21st, 2007, 11:37pm »

Tia,

That is the nicest story I've heard this holiday season.  Sometimes when we're in the thick of it we don't realize the effect we have on those we come in contact with.  Obviously you have made an impression on your new community.  Congratulations on allowing all that is loving and good in you shine through.  Looks like you've found your new home.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #8 on: Dec 22nd, 2007, 12:07pm »

This is why I still maintain faith in human beings despite all the crap we hear about everyday.

How sweet of them to do that for your children Tia.  Goes to prove that what goes around, comes around. Wink
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 22nd, 2007, 3:36pm »

Tia, you have a good spirit. Have a joyful Yule, and a Happy Holiday!  hug
IP Logged

Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 22nd, 2007, 3:40pm »

I love that place... hope you are having a wonderful time putting them together...  

love to you Ree

ps have a blast with that first paycheck... this New Year will be great for you I just know it...
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 26th, 2007, 12:19pm »

Thanks everyone. We where not able to get Rudolph and Clarice, company wide the sold out over a week ago.  

But the kids where able to get whatever it was they wanted. Each kid had $30 to spend.  I really was not expecting that.  

I'll post a pic tonight.  My son got a triceratops in a Seahawks sweatshirt. and my daughter got a pink leopard with a Hannah Montana outfit.  It was so nice to not have to tell them no we cant get this or that.  

I count myself very lucky.  Hell it is a blessing to find work that you enjoy and have a passion for, and to have people like this who are my co-workers... I figure I am doubly blessed.  This must be one of the bonuses I get for dealing with no many a$$holes for employers in Vegas. Smiley  

IP Logged

Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 26th, 2007, 2:41pm »

I am sorry Tia (about clarice and rudolph) Sad. But the pink leopard is very nice too  Cheesy.
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss