Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 10:33pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What's for dinner..... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2007 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What's for dinner.....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What's for dinner.....  (Read 1617 times)
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: What's for dinner.....
« Reply #25 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 4:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Okay whats emerald salad when it's at home? I want to know EXACTLY what craberry-raspberry jello salad is too. Cathi ALL the wild rice leftovers are mine. They'll poison everyone else I promise so it's best if only I eat 'em  Wink ( I adore wild rice and Pauls mum cooks it perfectly)
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 4:47pm »

I can't wait to have whatever Hannah is throwing on the floor.

Gotta love toddlers laugh
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 5:08pm »

or when she grabs a cookie sucks in it until it is all wet  and then gratefully wants to share it with you  Grin
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #28 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 5:12pm »

LOL!
Helen, emerald salad is a concoction my 102 yr old grandmother still asks for. It is a very interesting(ok, disgusting )melange of lime jello, grated onion and cucumber, mayonnaise, cottage cheese and slivered almonds.......surprisingly, it isn't bad, really!
The wild rice didn't go over very well, actually. My daughter has gone vegan, and I wantd to be certain she ate something other than salad and dessert! You can have all that remains, look for a carton in the mail! Shocked Grin
Cathi
IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 9:57pm »

For Christmas Dinner we had Beef On Weck It's a very Buffalo and western New York dish and wonderful:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Sandwiches/BeefOnWeck.htm

We need more places in town to serve it. Drool.....

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 6:51am »

Do tell Helen, was it a sherry trifle or do you get creative like we do and have multi coloured and flavoured options for your trifle?

I'll never forget the year my Nana made individual trifles for everyone with green jelly and creme de menthe - I think she put enough booze in each one to make a big one.  She got us all grandkids drunk on the desert that year LOL.

Ours was a lovely meal of the traditional fare - Christmas Eve was munchies - cornish pasties, sausage rolls, cheese trays and cookies and candies - Santa only likes cornish pasties I'm told Wink  Clark and I got to bed around 4:30 a.m. on the 25th after only arriving in Canada at the end of a 19 hour drive from hell at 5:30 a.m. on the 24th.   This trip has been one for the record books - Dinner was at my brothers house (my grandmothers place before she passed a couple years ago) and had Turkey and dressing, corn, potatoes, mixed green beans and carrots, water chestnuts wrapped in bacon served over old sharp white cheddar, pumpkin pie, trifle and a yule log.  

Of course the munchies were out as well and we indulged in oysters, cheese, beef tongue prepared according to my fathers special recipe which is only handed on to the men in the family so I can't tell you about that one Helen - not that you would want to know LOL - cornish pasties, cheese and pastrami mix, shrimp pate and a few other yummies.

So much for me having lost any weight, I put every pound back on just over the 24th and 25th!

Despite the unusually high levels of stress this Christmas season brought it was all made worthwhile when I heard Ayden (7) on Christmas morning when he thought no one was around to hear him:  About 7 a.m. ish, and he was in fine form after opening his stocking that Santa left, and he had gotten Mommy and Daddy awake and Nana and Papa Barrie awake, and he was in the hallway with the dog just waiting for everyone so he could open the parcels that Santa left and I heard him say "It's a VERY special day Cisco!" (Cisco is our puppy dog).  It made every second of the treacherous trip and the long night of wrapping and preparing worth every second of my breakdown Wink

Gotta love the magic of kids on Christmas morning Smiley Smiley

Cat

p.s. can you believe that Santa Clause knows how to get a pack of playing cards from Omaha NE AND a bouncy ball from Canada into a stocking??  He's a magical guy that Santa Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2007, 6:55am by catlind » IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss