Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 1:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Gospel of wealth facing scrutiny »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2007 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Gospel of wealth facing scrutiny
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Gospel of wealth facing scrutiny  (Read 209 times)
deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Gospel of wealth facing scrutiny
« on: Dec 28th, 2007, 9:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071227/ap_on_re_us/prosperity_preachers;_yl t=AgC2YINsMtTnAjZIqGVG4VJH2ocA

Does anyone think this is actually going to make a difference?  For myself, I hope it does.  There have been so many of the elderly and uneducated that have given up their savings to these scum suckers.
IP Logged

If it weren't for the gutter, y mind would be homeless.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v123/tribander_3/

You pretend to pay me, I pretend to work.

monty
New Board Veteran
USA 

Re: Gospel of wealth facing scrutiny
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 10:01am »

Not much of a difference. There is only so much that a government can do to protect people from their own foolishness.  

If it is outright fraud, then action is in order. If you are advertising a book for ten dollars and you pocket the money but dont send the book, fraud. But investing in religious magic is not the same.
IP Logged

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 12:25pm »

What?  People using religion to take money from other people?  Say it ain't so.
IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 1:34pm »

Greedy evangelists fleecing people of their money!? Say it ain't so Olie.
IP Logged

stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 3:03pm »

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
Steven Weinberg

Steve G
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 1:44am »

These guys are slimes. Benny Hinn right near the top.

There was really sickening guy from Texas, I think, that sat behind a silly desk pretending to read messages and that he had some shortcut to God but it wouldn't work unless you sent in big time....usually a thousand dollars. If you did, you'd clean up and cure your arthritis.

Nothing changes.  He's done  time for fraud I think.  

God always needs money.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
MvT
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Computer Technician

« Reply #6 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 2:06pm »

George Carlin on religion

When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!  

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!

http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/Carlin_on_religion.htm
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2007, 2:08pm by MvT » IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Who loves ya baby!

Hendrix1473  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 4:24pm »

Lips Sealed Give me strength.
IP Logged

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 6:34pm »

on Dec 29th, 2007, 2:06pm, MvT wrote:
George Carlin on religion

When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!  

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!

http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/Carlin_on_religion.htm

You've got to stop holding your opinions inside. Let it out. Tell us how you relly feel, buttmunch.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 7:44pm »

on Dec 28th, 2007, 12:25pm, fubar wrote:
What?  People using religion to take money from other people?  Say it ain't so.
lol fu... yah its been going on since the beginning of time... I'm here to tell ya that God is free... and love is free... AMEN... HALLELUIA...God doesn't want us to be broke to support His church because HIS church is every where. ok now send me $5 bucks...

Wink
ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss