Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 4:59am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « back after 18 months »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   back after 18 months
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: back after 18 months  (Read 498 times)
javi_spain
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

back after 18 months
« on: Dec 28th, 2005, 11:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am being hit as I type, blocked nose, reddened right eye, throbbing pain around my eye and temple... all the signs are here.

I have problems typing cause my hands got too cold after holding a packet of frozen peas against my head, cold seems to help sometimes.

I am a fortunate one, my pain-free periods often last for two years and my cycles are typically a month long... during my pain free periods I often forget how much this hurts, It is unreal and hard to explain to others that a headache can be so bad.

Yesterday I suffered my first biggie after eighteen months of blissful normality, I was driving my mum and sister yesterday to visit some relatives when I got the kind of shadow that often precedes a hit, I am not a religious person but I was kind of praying "don't let this develope into a full-blown hit..." all in vain... the car was very hot, and that was not helping.

I didn't want my mum and sis to see me in pain, so I tried to conceal it but the harder I tried the worse the pain, I eventually decided that playing the big boy while driving was not safe so I stopped the car and let my sister drive for the rest of the way.

Today I am being hit again, but pain is subsiding now...  I am noticing that the frozen peas really stink of fish, I need a shower.

Thanks for listening

Javi
IP Logged
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

Re: back after 18 months
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 11:57am »

Well Javi the beast deffinately doesnt forget how to reintroduce its self, We've never talked before but I am glad you didnt forget us here. Sorry you had to re-appear though. At least you have been able to enjoy a good PF time! Welcome back and good times to be had by all! Grin Grin Grin

Mike
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
Will_Williams

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 1:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

HAHAHA!!! That happened to me about 3 weeks ago. I was driving my mother and 2 sisters around to look at daycare sites, because my mother is opening a center. Suddenly, I get the throbbing feeling. You know the, "you better make some fast adjustments because I'm coming light speed to the temple" feeling! I didn't take chances though, I just pulled over and let my sister drive immediately. I hate driving with a headache. One time I was stuck in traffic... smh... You can't imagine. After 30 minutes it was unbearable and I jumped on the shoulder ramp took the next exit and drove to a train station to wait for my mom to get off of work! haha! I know this shouldn't be funny, but I'm just relieved to find people who know what I go through.
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #3 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 6:10pm »

on Dec 28th, 2005, 11:13am, javi_spain wrote:
I am a fortunate one, my pain-free periods often last for two years and my cycles are typically a month long... during my pain free periods I often forget how much this hurts, It is unreal and hard to explain to others that a headache can be so bad.

I can remember my first couple cycles going that way.  Happy they are over and don't have to go through that anymore. Its gone!  
  A good space of time, then a VERY RUDE awakening.  DAMN these things HURT!!!  Incapacitating.   OMG!

Ya just got the peas Javi?  It's a tough one to ride out a month.  Oxygen is great at home, seeing a doc?  If not, there are things here about kudzu too, I'm not personally familiar though.  Well, I've used those icepacks you can keep in the freezer, very cold.  

Welcome back again, hang in.   Smiley  

we're always open here, marshmellows for the campfire too.

stay prepared.
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2006, 6:25pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 8:00pm »

I just finished a long span of headache free, seemed like 20 years, my wife said it was less then 2. I'd forgotten how much I dreaded that funny, light nauseous feeling and that oh sh%^ Here it comes feeling. Welcome back, I got my 02 tanks filled, my cafergot and ice packs at the ready, hunkering down for another 2 to 3 months. Sigh. Wishing you a short on and an even longer off!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 8:08pm »

Welcome back, Javi.

I'm with Kevin on this one - if you can, get some oxygen.  It beats a package of peas any day, and it rarely smells of fish!

Vent away - that's one of the reasons we're here.

Hugs,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss