Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 7:33pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Going to the Doctor....High Schooler Terrified »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Going to the Doctor....High Schooler Terrified
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Going to the Doctor....High Schooler Terrified  (Read 685 times)
NoNoNo
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Going to the Doctor....High Schooler Terrified
« on: Jan 4th, 2006, 12:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi I'm totally new to the site and to headaches also. I'm 18 and a senior in high school. I'm not sure if I have cluster headaches but I've been reading and it's a possibilty. My symptons have really built up slow. First their was the rapid heart beat which shocked the hell outta me. Then the droopy eye and congestion. Suddeny New Years eve I had a huge argument and cried. A few minutes later the right side of my face was pound like a jack hammer. The pain was so intense I thought I was going to pass out. After a few hours it chillled out and I was so tired that I slept on the couch in my clothes. Yesterday my right side pounded again and I couldn't sleep at all. Tonight the pain came back and I nearly went to the emergency room. The pain tonight though shifted to the back of my head, and my neck and shoulders are so tense. I've been peeing like crazy, hear ringing in my ears and I'm really scared. I've got an appointement with my doc tomorrow and I was wondering how you vets here were diagnosed. Did it take long for your doc to decide you had CH? I have been under stress lately and am hoping thats it. I also got jumped around thanksgiving and took a blow to the head. I'm hoping it's something related to the latter. Thanks for reading this massive thing. Finding this site doesn't make me feel crazy or paranoid or alone, thanks......
IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

Re: Going to the Doctor....High Schooler Terrified
« Reply #1 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 1:14am »

Hi NNN

I'm sorry to see that you are going through a rough time, emotionally and physically.

I cannot diagnose you as I'm not a doc but I am worried because you said you had a blow to the head and ringing in your ears.

No you are not crazy or paranoid because pain is pain and we understand.  Go and see your doc and let us know what he said.

If you want to talk we are here.  You are definitely not alone.

Jas
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #2 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 2:03am »

ditto to what jasmyn said
and also read read readb lots of good stuff on here
Ian
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
chewy

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 9:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
Did it take long for your doc to decide you had CH? I have been under stress lately and am hoping thats it.

It took the right Doc about a minute and a half but took over 20 years to find the right Doc.
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 9:19am »

I hope it's not ch, hope it's just from the konk on your head, it'll go away and you'll never need this site again! That's what I hope. If it is CH, pull up a chair, a nice non alcoholic drink, (alcohol baaaaad trigger), and start reading. Unless you get reaaly lucky, most doctors don't know much about these things. Print up the links on treatment options, read the one on oxygen it still rules as the first shot of choice. And believe me, you're not the only one that's scared of this thing, 25 years and it still makes my knees wobble. Good luck.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 9:53am »

NNN, good luck at the neuro. Mine started in high school too, but I didn't get diagnosed properly for 20+ years.  

Here's to hoping it's not CH!
IP Logged
NoNoNo
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 10:11am »

Hey people thanks for the input. Last night I only had one massive headache that was short compared to the others. The only problem though was it was almost like I was hungover. afterwards the pain was just dull. I didn't know alcohol was a trigger. I will admit that I drink a lot, maybe more than a social drinker. And putting it all out there I used to smoke a lil weed, but suddenly my heart raced, head pounding and ears rang when i did it so of course I stopped. My mom said something about my grandma having headaches when she was younger, and she has them too. Could this thing be hereditary maybe. Well on my way to the doc.....say some prayers please Smiley
IP Logged
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #7 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 10:48am »

Prayers a coming and try to stay away from the drinks. big trigger for alot of folks here. remember the beast comes and goes as he pleases. Good luck and welcome.
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
teajay5779
New Board Newbie
USA 

make them STOP, please!

« Reply #8 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 12:45pm »

Your symptoms sound just like mine. I get them alot more when I'm boozing. Two years ago I quit drinking from Jan to May and didn't get any until June after I started drinking a little bit. I kept my drinking to once in a while but now I quit again to see if I get CH less or not at all. I didn't want it to be drinking b\c I like alot of wines and beers but if I find that I won't be getting CH as much or not at all, than bye bye booze Cry Undecided Cry
I would suggest you ask for oxygen from the doc and try Melatonin at bed time, it's over the counter, you can get it at the drug store, it don't cost much. Mine started when I was 21 and I thought I had something serious wrong with me, went through many tests and all I hear is cluster. It's a pain but not the end of the world, Good Luck
IP Logged

What people expect to happen is always different from what actually happens. From this comes great disappointment; this is the way the world works
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 2:05pm »

Good luck with the doc NoNo.

Say bye bye to booze if doc verifies CH.  
At the least untill out of a cycle. Its a huge trigger for many of us and causes excessive suffering as well as interacting with any and all meds you might be prescribed except oxygen. Maybe that too.

MJ
IP Logged

MJ
Will_Williams

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 5:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

If you are diagnosed with Ch, then make sure you get a note from your doctor to take to school. Teachers can be very idotic at times. If you get headaches in class everyday. Teachers tend to think that your trying to skip class. You play a lot of video games?
IP Logged
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 2:53am »

Good Luck NONO--Like most members have stated--see the right doctor , and they'll be able to confirm whether it is CH or not. In my case it was a doctor who smiled and said that I suffered from Cluster Headaches...This doctor was the 14th !!!!!!!!!!! And it took him all of 1 minute to come to his conclusion.
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss