Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 8:43am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Melatonin and Oxygen »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Melatonin and Oxygen
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Melatonin and Oxygen  (Read 5607 times)
John_Townsend
New Board Newbie
Australia 

MSN:-  johno@internod e.on.net

Email

Melatonin and Oxygen
« on: Jan 6th, 2006, 1:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All,
I am 41 and been a suffer for 30 years. I only get CH 2 months of the year spring - summer but some years I dont get them, these years seem to be mild temps. As I seem to have a high body temp hot temps seem to bring on CH. Cold showers, ice and swimming in the cold river nearby seem to help a lot for me.
Ive always used prenisone and always worked but not this year, I take 75mg a day for 5 days then lower dosage its not a nice drug. So for the first time Ive  got myself some oxygen and Im going to try melatonin that has just become avail in Australia(still need a perscription though). Its 4:30 in the morn just had a CH sucked on the oxygen and it worked pretty good so I hope the melatonin does to Smiley
IP Logged
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

Re: Melatonin and Oxygen
« Reply #1 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 2:24pm »

Hi John, welcome. Melatonin and O2 are pretty much all I use to fight the beast. I take 9 mg 30 minutes before bedtime, and it does take a few days to start working for me.

When I get hit outside of home where I cannot abort with O2, I kill the best with imitrex.
PF wishes.
IP Logged
John_Townsend
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 2:50pm »

Thanx marlinsfan,
I should get imitrex, as I said prenisone use to work but oh well took 20 years to get diagnosed. It also looks like my 16 year old son is starting to get CH also well at least he wont have to worry about sinus treatment or migraine treatment. I suppose he is lucky in that way poor buggar I can help him but it upsets me to think he will have to go through this to.

John
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 2:58pm »

Melatonin has certainly helped MANY prevent the night time hits. 6-12 mg prior to bed.

Sorry about your son. That sucks, however, atleast he will not be alone and hopefully he can treated ASAP!!!

Good luck!

Also check out this thread. There are quite a few Aussies.
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=knowya;actio n=display;num=1119177771

Best,  
Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Will_Williams

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 5:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

At least you now know some better treatments that you can pass on to your son. Hopefully, they won't effect him as badly. This website is truly CH info galore! So just read up on it. I probly would have never found out about O2 tanks if it weren't for this site. That seems to be the best treatment according to everyone who've used it's testimonies. I still haven't tried it, but I'm going to inform my Neurologist about it at my next appointment! You should tell your son to log on and read up more about it.
IP Logged
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 5:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

works for me

O2 is my friend, Melatonin knocks out some but not all the night time hits. Seems to move them to the day. He is going to get you one way or another, but at least wih sleep you can have some energy to fight Him with. Good luck and stick around, alot of smart people here.
IP Logged
John_Townsend
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 6:49pm »

Thanx All
Ive tried the oxygen once seem to work. Dont really want the need to try it again oh well see what happens.

John
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #7 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 8:30pm »

G'day John, and welcome, though I can think of heaps of places I'd rather have met you (they don't serve beer here).

Immitrex is known here in Oz as Immegran and it's horrifically expensive.  Not much use in tablet form as it takes so long to kick in but many get excellent relief from the injectable and there's ways to cut the price.

As to oxygen, it can be a bit difficult to get hold of but Barry-T-Coles over in Karatha has found ways to get around the road blocks and he's happy to pass it on.

All the best to you and the young bloke,

Brian.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
John_Townsend
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 11:36pm »

No probs with oxygen just went to BOC gases in the morn and had that arvo $27 a month plus refill of $30 cant complain about that!

As for Melatonin bloody hell yesterday Doc told me cant get in oz then he looked on the comp he said its just been released he says I should be able to get it over the counter so down the chemist I go they told me you cant get it in oz I told that its just been released 3 phone calls latter they told me they ordered it and they will have it today and I need a script back to doc to get a script got a script rand chemist today they didnt order it now I would have to wait till tuesday well Im starting to get a little P!@@#^ off now rang a heap of chemist none had it one told me try health food shop rang one yeah they have it. So now anyway I got now! But talk about stuffing a bloke around.  

Thats my whinge for today    

John
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 12:16am »

John I didn't understand half of what you said but laughed my ass off reading it! What a cultural divide between the outback and Southern California!!! Take care and keep posting, I love the flavor!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
John_Townsend
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 1:00am »

G'day Guiseppi
Not to worry cant understand half my crap myself.

Nice to meet ya
John
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss