Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 9:22pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New member »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New member  (Read 547 times)
algel
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« on: Jan 7th, 2006, 3:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm 33 married  

I am suffering cluster headaches from 20 years. I knew about this disease the last month. Every DR. treats me for migraine and just the last month I went to a different physician that tells me all about cluster headaches. I found this website and for the first time in my life I know what I’m suffering and how I can try to stop it.

I would like to thanks you all for the good information and support, and in the middle of a crisis and this website help me a lot.

I looking forward to know you all and wish you a happy new year!

Albert Asis

IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 5:02am »

Hi Al. May I call you Al?  
Welcome to the board Al. Sorry it took you 20 years to get a real name for your pain. But that is not unheard of.
Lots of info for you to read here, better get started with the studying. The test is tomorrow.  Grin
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2006, 5:03am by BobG » IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 9:04am »

A good investment!

MANAGEMENT OF HEADACHE AND HEADACHE MEDICATIONS, 2nd ed. Lawrence D. Robbins, M.D.; pub. by Springer. $49 at Amazon.Com. It covers all types of headache and is primarily focused on medications. While the two chapters on CH total 42-pages, the actual relevant material is longer because of multiple references to material in chapters on migraine, reflecting the overlap in drugs used to treat. I'd suggest reading the chapters on migraine for three reasons: he makes references to CH & medications which are not in the index; there are "clinical pearls" about how to approach the treatment of headache; and, you gain better perspective on the nature of headache, in general, and the complexities of treatment (which need to be considered when we create expectations about what is possible). Finally, women will appreciate & benefit from his running information on hormones/menstrual cycles as they affect headache. Chapter on headache following head trauma, also. Obviously, I'm impressed with Robbins' work (even if the book needs the touch of a good editor!) (Somewhat longer review/content statement at 3/22/00, "Good book...."Wink

HEADACHE HELP, Revised edition, 2000; Lawrence Robbins, M.D., Houghton Mifflin, $15. Written for a nonprofessional audience, it contains almost all the material in the preceding volume but it's much easier reading. Highly recommended.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 11:53am »

Welcome Albert.

I am so glad you found us and as you've seen there are lots of info here and CH experts.  You don't have to suffer this alone anymore, we are all here for help and support.
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
algel
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 1:00pm »

Thank you all !!
IP Logged
kissmyglass
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Don't Mix Triptans

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 8:44pm »

Hey Albert,
Sorry you had to find us but glad you finally did. read read read this site & like Bob said...there will be a quiz...

Kev
IP Logged

"It does so fucking look like her" - Picasso
[img][/img]
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 7:27pm »

Welcome to the neighborhood, Al.  I am glad you are finding the information you need.  Lot's of that here.  Lots of support as well.  

This disorder can drag the whole family down and there is room enough for everyone here so...Get your supporter involved here as well.  Supporters need support, too.  

Check your messages - upper right hand corner.

IP Logged
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 2:39am »

Hi Albert and Welcome to Clusterville

You've hit the motherlode of CH information, caring, sharing and understanding from folks who truly know your pain.  

Do list current and past medications that have or haven't worked for you.  Everything that is or has been available has been tried by someone here.  One of my favorite mottos is . . . nothing works for everyone, but something works for everyone.  Here, you are likely to find the "something" that works for you.

Please read up on and demand a prescription for 02.  Works for about 70% of us to abort an attack.  I can't take Imitrex (arterie blockage & high cholesterol), so 02 is my only abortive . . . WONDERFUL!  Must be used with high-flo regulator (15 lpm) and non-rebreather mask . . . . or new clustermask (haven't tried one myself).

You have much reading to do and many questions to ask . . . fire away . . . you just walked into a great big family.

Be Safe     PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 8:04am »

First off, Welcome aboard.

The board is full of information that we all find useful and at times reason for hope.  The support available often gets us through some of the difficulties associated with this disorder.  

If you're not currently keeping an accurate headache journal please consider starting one - it will help you work with your docs. and establish treatments that are the most effective for you.

The following links may be helpful.  

http://thinktwice.com/clusters.htm#Symptoms (Book that I found useful)

http://www.emedicine.com/EMERG/topic229.htm (pretty good description of clusters and treatmenst)

Best Wishes on your journey.

Tom
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2006, 8:05am by burnt-toast » IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss