Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 4:29am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « coming out of the woodwork »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   coming out of the woodwork
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: coming out of the woodwork  (Read 578 times)
Jezebel
New Board Newbie
USA 

coming out of the woodwork
« on: Jan 9th, 2006, 12:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Blessings all...

This is my first post, but have been lurking here for a while. Thank you all for being here - it has been a relief to find others laughing, crying, and sharing their knowledge and fantastic attitudes about this STUPID thing we all have to live with.

I am 32, female, Philly native, and discovered that I inherited CH's from my father at about 11 or 12 years old. (BTW- Pops went into CH remission around age 55, so there is that small hope if I can hold out that long *grin*) O2, melatonin, and H2O have been my treatments of choice for around 4 years - Depakote and Vorapamil were tried with no success and ugly side effects.

Since I am entering into my 5th month of a particularly *nasty* CH cycle (and the recent decreased effectiveness of O2) I am off today to see the wonderful folks at the Jefferson Hospital Headache Center for a check-up (any other PA CH'ers go here?). Armed with reams of suggestions from the newsgroup here I hope to find another way to quell The Beast.

Again - deepest thanks from the bottom of my heart and trigeminal nerve for being here.

wish me luck... or at least one night of sleep
jezebel
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: coming out of the woodwork
« Reply #1 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 1:14pm »

Sending you off with prayers, wishes for good luck and a full nights sleep! So i gotta wait until 55 before they'll stop....damn......

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #2 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 2:47pm »

Good luck and hope something good comes of it. Got vibes and prayers coming to ya! Good luck again

Mike
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 4:07pm »

Lizzie2 goes there and works there.
She's a nurse.

Good luck!!!

Ex2
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Jezebel
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 6:25pm »

Thanks all for good wishes! Starting a Zomig trial next ache, and was given Zyprexa in the hopes of a well deserved nap. Also got an Imitrex 'skin popper' to keep on hand for the future after the trial, though I'm a horrid needlephobe - dunno if I'll ever use it but I'm glad to have it around. We shall see.

Again- thanks - it's nice to know y'all are out there.
Jezebel

(OT to E-Double: your quote always makes me smile... Shannon saved my life once a long time ago [wish I could have returned the favor], and I always hear him singing those words in my head when The Big Nasty crawls in behind my eye.]
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 6:53pm »

on Jan 9th, 2006, 6:25pm, Jezebel wrote:
Thanks all for good wishes! Starting a Zomig trial next ache, and was given Zyprexa in the hopes of a well deserved nap. Also got an Imitrex 'skin popper' to keep on hand for the future after the trial, though I'm a horrid needlephobe - dunno if I'll ever use it but I'm glad to have it around. We shall see.

Again- thanks - it's nice to know y'all are out there.
Jezebel

(OT to E-Double: your quote always makes me smile... Shannon saved my life once a long time ago [wish I could have returned the favor], and I always hear him singing those words in my head when The Big Nasty crawls in behind my eye.]

Remember not to mix Zomig and Imitrex!!!!
You have to wait 24 hrs in between switching to the other.

You can however use Zyprexa as an abortive!!!!!! & you can take it regardless with or without a triptan.

I have used it when an attack comes on and it works as fast as triptans do without the nasty side effects.
Something to consider!!!!I've also used it prior to bed when breakthroughs were coming my way.
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1120904753  

Shannon died way too early!!!
Still to date one of the great musical poets!
Loved them!
This one always brings me to tears Wink
http://media.putfile.com/Blind-Melon---Soul-One

Best to you my friend!

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 1:34am »

if o2 is less effective have you considered a clustermasx?
its working for lots of people for whom o2 stopped working Grin
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

« Reply #7 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 8:55am »

Don't discount the alternative therapies listed on Clusterbusters, that and O2 keep me sane.
IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
Jezebel
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 11:09am »

Well... Zyprexa worked Mon. night for sleep but failed to help last night. I was up every hour or so with low-grade but painful 'pounders' (having one now too, functional but miserable).
Am going to look into the clustermasx or something similar, I will call my O2 supply co. to see if they have a better non-rebreather.
Regarding Beastfodder's suggestion: I'm a firm believer in these things as good medicine and I might try if such things were available to me, but A: it's dry here - and B: working part-time 'cause of the CH's I really don't have the cash to spare on it. Also I'm a little concerned about experimenting... Grass often sends The Beast my way (tho some of my friends w/migranes say it helps them - lucky bastards), and while  know there is a big difference between that and the psilocybin (I won't take LSD - too hard on my system) I can't stand the thought of being caught in even the mildest trip with a cluster. My poor lil' gourd can't handle that right now. I will keep considering it though, only got through about half of clusterbusters site.

Thanks for the suggestions (and the song, E)... Now if y'all could only take a nap for me Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss