Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 3:30pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi. New Here »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hi. New Here
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi. New Here  (Read 267 times)
Gumbys_Wife
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi. New Here
« on: Jan 24th, 2006, 11:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

[color=Pink][/color][b][/b] My husband has had these terrible on going headaches everyday, all day long for weeks now.  He has had a CT/MRI and both show up nothing and now onto the Neuro. I've been so worried about him. Watching him in agonizing pain. Today, he sent me the link to this website and wow! I must say I'm glad that there's an answer to what's happening to him. My heart goes out to all CH sufferers! How horrible! I just hope that my husband as well as other CH sufferers will find some relief. Does it ever get better? Worse? Will it go away for good? From what I've read thus far, it  seems to go away for a short amount of time. Thanks!
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Hi. New Here
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24th, 2006, 12:20pm »

Welcome to the board. Sorry to hear Gumby is hurting.

Quote:
all day long for weeks now

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but Cluster headaches don't last all day long. They can come and go many times during the day/night but are not continous. Can you tell us more of his symptoms?

Let us know what the neuro says.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24th, 2006, 12:33pm »

BobG is correct.  Clusters don't last all day long.

Keep reading here and you will discover what abortives/preventatives many of us use:  Verapamil, Lithium, pure oxygen, etc. so that when your husband goes to a Neuro he and YOU can be educated when you talk to him/her.  Most of us have discovered that our Doctors know very little about this condition and you can be one step ahead of him.

Please DO let us know how the visit goes,   and you are to be commended as his wife for being so supportive of him.  I give you a big "HIGH FIVE"   Grin

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 24th, 2006, 1:03pm »

Kudos to you. If my wife hadn't discovered this site and nagged me into using the information I'd still be taking fiorinal, codeine and vicodain, banging my head against the bed post and crying a lot! Why is it women are so much better at asking for directions? Good luck to both of you, he's damned lucky to have a supporter like you.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Gumbys_Wife
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 24th, 2006, 1:13pm »

Hi,  I'm not sure how long he has the headaches for or how frequently he gets them. But I do know its everyday that he gets these horrible headaches. I'll ask him tonite about the frequency of  them,etc.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.
IP Logged
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 24th, 2006, 6:27pm »

Hi Mrs Gumby

Welcome to the best little nut house around, it’s the supporters like you that help us sufferers handle this little shit.

Get Gumby to do the cluster quiz to the left and when he goes to the Nuro he should go armed with an arsenal of info gained from the links to the left,  as most here will tell you the medical profession is not up to speed with recognising this condition and he could be misdiagnosed .

If he can get the oxygen for aborting the hits that would be great, a lot of us here use it with great effect.

Keep us posted with how things are going.

Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss